2015 and It's Now or Never!

Morning Emm - had a laugh at your beetroot vs marmalade thing.

We used to have a boat and labels would often fall off because of the damp atmosphere.
But I would always write on the top with indelible ink what was inside.
We got stuck on the boat one Sunday night and had no more fresh food with us (apart from spuds) as we were supposed to be going home.
So I attacked the emergency supplies. I stuck the spuds on to boil, opened a tin of sweetcorn then what I though was a tin of chicken in white wine sauce to go with them. Hmmmm . . . it turned out to be custard! Would have made an interesting meal but not to be defeated I opened the tin labelled custard and thankfully found . . . yes the chicken in white wine sauce. How on earth I'd mislabelled them heaven alone knows! Had to do a treacle sponge to use up the custard too!

Now you need to be a good girl tonight. Try and choose sensibly when you have your meal out. You can do it chica!
What are you going to see at the theatre?

The biggest laugh about the beetroot saga was that I was steeling myself to sample it thinking I may well get a mouthful of sour beet but finding it sweet instead. Really delighted on one hand that I don't have to throw stuff away as I have this "phobia" about waste but on the other hand not something I can use at this time.
Had no intentions of being good ..
:D .. and it was this (October) Christmas Carol ballet.

Have a lovely time at the theatre Emm.

Enjoy ur nite Emm :) c

Thanks all for the good wishes... and I did have a great day!
Firstly I managed to get a disabled parking spot just outside the theatre (free parking too!) and thank goodness my parking abilities were in good form as I usually make a complete hames of it!
Walked thro' to the market where there was a band busking which was absolutely fab! Four guys - one on keyboard, one sax and two playing trumpets and they did a lot of real jazz numbers which fair brought a tear to my eyes. Tried to video it on my phone but without success.
Went into Jarrolds for a cuppa and one of their stupendous humongous delicious cheese scones.. :drool: .. one pat of butter ..nay two .. hardly covers each half!
Went back to the Forum and found a real comfy seat in the library and remembered that I was/had been thinking about getting "The Pickwick Papers" to read having been introduced to it as part of that law course I did...or tried to do. Went to the Help Hub as is called and the young lady was soo helpful. Having asked if it could be sent to me she took ages looking into this and even tho' I decided I would take it with me she thanked me for bringing this aspect of the service to her and her managers attention as they were not aware of it... :innocent0002: .. felt that was my good deed for the day!
Had a very nice buffet meal in the theatre café followed by a lager shandy and coffee cake, bought maltesers for the interval ..of which there were two so icecream in the second (vanilla and stem ginger.. very yummy!!)
Now I'm all ready for the next big push to my hols and if I have an STS this week I shall be well pleased.

Last edited:
That sounds like a great day Emm, just what the doctor ordered! X

Certainly was Bubbly... had a great time.

Sunday 13th October 2013

Quite a restless night due to the old back playing up after all that walking about.. I say ALL .. but it was just a bit more than my usual so not that much really. Eventually slept well until about 11am so that was good.

Had a very lazy day and am very pleased that I have kept my carbs low today.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Eggs hard boiled 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 60g
Evening - Cheese 80g + Salad + Carrot 62g + Salad Cream 20g
Supper - WW Bread 1 slice + L.C. Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1154 Carbs 41 Fat 90 Protein 52 Sugars 25 Fibre 9

Sounds like you had a great da/night out the other night :) Sometimes it is just lovely to spoil yourself. Yesterday sounds good... nothing beats a laid back day.
Hope you are well Emm. xx

Oh - I'd forgotten it was the October ballet. Glad you had a good time Emm.
We've been away for the weekend to the apartment and off to bridge now so will speak later.

Sounds like you had a great da/night out the other night :) Sometimes it is just lovely to spoil yourself. Yesterday sounds good... nothing beats a laid back day.
Hope you are well Emm. xx

Thanks I&S ... All's well this morning and ready to rumble!

Oh - I'd forgotten it was the October ballet. Glad you had a good time Emm.
We've been away for the weekend to the apartment and off to bridge now so will speak later.

Thanks Bev ... hope the bridge goes well . and not too many vinos..:D

Monday 14th October 2013

Weight today is a bit as I had expected so not going to fret about it ... put on 2lbs! On to better things and downwards goal.

Hi Emm - glad you had a good day out and hope your pains are a bit better today. We have a beautiful sunny day, but it keeps raining and isn't that warm. Still have an amazing amount of leaves on the trees for the time of year too.

Evening Emm - now got a bit more time to reply properly.
Bridge went ok . . . but a couple of silly mistakes means we probably won't be near the top. hey ho.
I don't have a drink when I'm playing bridge, it stops me thinking - plus I'm the driver.
Had a couple though this evening whilst watching Strictly on catch-up.

You can soon lose that gained 2 lbs - as it'll will almost certainly be bloat from the cake.
So keep to your low carb plan abd go for that STS this week!

Right - well I'm off to bed as it feels as though it's been a long day. Woke up early this morning for some strange reason - well 9am, but that's early for me when I don't go to bed until well after midnight. Speak tomorrow.

<3 :)

Evening Emm - how on earth did you manage to wrench your shoulder?
But more inportantly how is it today?

Evening Emm - how on earth did you manage to wrench your shoulder?
But more inportantly how is it today?

That happened when I was driving and I had to pull my hand brake on in a hurry.. felt it crunch as I did it. Not had a good nights sleep since but it is a lot better today even tho' last night was bad again. At least I can do a bit with it.
Was supposed to be going to a scrabble group this afternoon but as I still dare not try and drive have had to cancel it...quite disappointed about that.
Ah well... all adds to the spice of life.. :D

Thursday 17th October 2013

Back to the diet today at last... quite a pleasant change to have proper food..:D

Think I may well be making matters worse re my shoulder as today I was doing some work on the comp with the window open as it has been such a lovely warm day. Then realised that my arm was getting a bit cold as it was getting rather cooler outside but as you do... I just kept thinking .. I'll just finish this..and then that.. etc. etc..and then I'll close the window...but by the time I got round to it my arm was really cold and I might add.. quite painful too!

DSCN0251.jpg

Joined a phone group for arthritis sufferers. Don't know exactly how it works but the idea is that the central office put us all in touch to discuss and help each other with coping with pain. Sounds interesting and even if it's talking to someone who knows what it's like to have constant pain will be good. First one will be next Monday afternoon and looking forward to it.

Diet has gone very well altho' I am not keeping my carbs very low for the time being... will get back to that next week all being well.. :rolleyes:

Breakfast - Oats 45g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 33g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Evening - Salmon oven baked 117g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 20g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals. 1196 Carbs 80 Fat 62 Protein 55 Sugars 33 Fibre 11

The arthritis group sounds interesting :) I love you office set up - and yes you would have gotten quite a breeze through that window - hope your shoulder gets better soon :) xx

Friday 18th October 2013

Thanks O&S... hope my shoulder does get much better soon!

Another struggle today but after lunch I was able to get on with a few things and did a bit of tidying around the place.
Put an order in for Tesco delivery next week... could have done with it now but I refuse to pay more than £3 for delivery charge... I shall manage by hook or by crook.. :D

Today's Menu

Breakfast - Bread 1 slice + Butter + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 30g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 20g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Evening - Salmon oven baked 117g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals. 1170 Carbs 60 Fat 65 Protein 62 Sugars 25 Fibre 9

It is shocking what some people want for delivery - especially when they are local.
Hows things for you today? xx

Morning chica - how's your shoulder?

hi all havnt been on here for awhile, but im Emmalines daughter, and have found out that mum is in hospital as her hands had swollen up so they are doing tests, so not sure how long she is in for but will come back and keep you posted,

SANDRA

Hi Sandra

Thanks for posting about Emm. Do you know why her hands have swollen up? Has she been out there gardening again?
Give her my love if you speak with her.

Bev

hi all havnt been on here for awhile, but im Emmalines daughter, and have found out that mum is in hospital as her hands had swollen up so they are doing tests, so not sure how long she is in for but will come back and keep you posted,

SANDRA
Very sorry to hear that. Let her know we are all thinking about her.

Back