2015 and It's Now or Never!

Glad to see you back! As I said in the Quiz thread, I don't feel so lonely now!!

Friday 1st November 2013

Thanks for the visits y'all! :)
Bit of a struggle today but determined to keep to my dietary counts as I don't want to start putting the weight back on again. Carbs a bit high but hopefully these symptoms will subside soon so I can get back to things a lot better. I think most of it is/was due to not drinking enough which I am keeping a strict eye on from now. Just hoping that I will be okay for my cruise because if I still feel like I do at the mo' I wont be going... no point in spending 12 days away in a lot of added agony.

Cals. 1244 Carbs 117 Fat 53

Re: Plodding on!!

Wishing you better Emxxx

Oh I do hope you're all better in time for your cruise! How are you today? Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hope you start to feel better soon. How long till your cruise?

Thanks Caroline... felt a wee improvement today.
Cruise starts 19th December so a few weeks yet.

Wishing you better Emxxx

Thanks Igg.

Oh I do hope you're all better in time for your cruise! How are you today? Xx

Thanks Dawn...according to what I have read it takes 6-12 weeks so here's hoping!

Saturday 2nd November 2013

Had a bit of a restless night but pleased to say that my hand joints are not quite as painful today.
Have kept to resting up and plenty of fluids.
All progressing fairly well.

Cals 1014 Carbs 75 Fat 50

Last edited:
That's good news then Emmaline. Looks like you're heading in the right direction. You'll just have to rest up as much as you can but I know that's not easy especially when you live on your own x

Evening Emm - here's hoping the improvement continues.
I'm heading back to the UK again on Tuesday and will be there for 12 days - so if I don't post forgive me.
Getting online is never easy at either mum's as they don't have internet access.

I'm glad your hand joint pains are abating. You have slotted straight back into low carbing - well done you. You will be a skinny (and hopefully pain free) minnie on your cruise!

That's good news then Emmaline. Looks like you're heading in the right direction. You'll just have to rest up as much as you can but I know that's not easy especially when you live on your own x

Thanks Dawn.... my place looks like a tip at the mo' but my cleaner lady said she would come in next week if I need her which is great.

Evening Emm - here's hoping the improvement continues.
I'm heading back to the UK again on Tuesday and will be there for 12 days - so if I don't post forgive me.
Getting online is never easy at either mum's as they don't have internet access.

All going well so far Bev... slowly.
Another of your exhausting bouts with your dear mum no doubt... take care.

Morning Emm - glad you are feeling a bit better - fingers crossed you will be OK for the cruise

Fingers crossed indeed!..Thanks Nelli.

I'm glad your hand joint pains are abating. You have slotted straight back into low carbing - well done you. You will be a skinny (and hopefully pain free) minnie on your cruise!

Thanks Caroline.. don't know about skinny but a bit slimmer hopefully.

Sunday 3rd November 2013

Had quite a good night and woke early without a great deal of pain.
Plenty of resting again so things slightly improved once more.

Cals 1111 Carbs 115 Fat 52

Sunday 3rd November 2013

Had quite a good night and woke early without a great deal of pain.
Plenty of resting again so things slightly improved once more.
That's really good to hear chica. Fingers crossed that the improvement continues

. . . All going well so far Bev... slowly.
Another of your exhausting bouts with your dear mum no doubt... take care.
BOTH mums! Don't know what's worse - mine or his! They both have their moments

How are you feeling today Emm? xx

That's really good to hear chica. Fingers crossed that the improvement continues
BOTH mums! Don't know what's worse - mine or his! They both have their moments

Thanks Bev.
Not envying you your dual duel! Come back well tho' I insist! :)

Morning Emm - hope you had a good night

How are you feeling today Emm? xx

Thanks Nelli and O&S... Good night had and feeling a slight improvement...slow but sure.

Monday 4th November 2013

WI this morning shows a bit of a gain which is only to be expected methinks.
Put on 4lb but hope once I get moving just a bit more that will improve.

Had a phone call from my D and we chatted for an hour or so. One of her sons suffers from depression the same as her brother (my son) and he is in a very bad state too. We shared a few tears as it is so heart wrenching as we all want the best for our children don't we?

Joined an Arthritis Care telephone group where we exchanged views and ideas on how to manage our condition. The lady who was in charge was a bit of a ditherer and really felt she wasn't up to the job tbh. However it was good to share some info with those of the same disposition. As the subject of being over weight was covered I told them about being on Minimins and how helpful it is so they all noted it down may well have some of them joining.

Improving well today... much less aches in my hands and diet has gone well too.

Cals 1157 Carbs 88 Fat 57

Oh that's good news Emm x it sounds like you're on the mend now xx

Great news that things are contin ing to improve and that you found the arthritis care group helpful too.
"See you" again in 12 days. That's supposing I survive without killing both mums and being arrested!

Wednesday 6th November 2013

Not a good day yesterday. Had intended to venture out but as it was very cold and bucketing with rain decided against it. In the meantime I developed a rather bad tummy upset which I thought may have been due to being nervous about whether I would be able to drive properly with my rather increasingly painful shoulder. However, even when I had decided not to go out it still persisted!! (What next I say to myself!!)
Surprisingly I felt quite good this morning and my weight had gone down 13st2lb... not that I expect it to remain like that as I had indulged in several slices of toast and marmalade + about 6 digestive biscuits overnight ... :eek:
Went out to lunch and as I was about to use one of their scooters to doodle round the store I saw one of the ladies who go to the swimming pool so had a nice chat with her.
Got home around 4pm and had a snooze, woke but then went to bed and slept soundly for another couple of hours. All things seem to be on the up and am ready for the next onslaught! .. :D .. Have my flu jab tomorrow so here's hoping I don't get any untoward affects from that.
Bought some cheese scones when I was out and proceeded to eat 3 of the 4 so calories and carbs have gone well over the limit... What's new hey!?!

Sounds like you have had a busy day :) Will you ba asking your doctor when you get your flu jab why your shoulder may be hurting? Also congrats on your loss!! :) xx

Back