2015 and It's Now or Never!

Well done on the loss Emm - maybe the extra you had was just fluid.

I agree you should mention the shoulder to the doc.

Sounds like you have had a busy day :) Will you ba asking your doctor when you get your flu jab why your shoulder may be hurting? Also congrats on your loss!! :) xx

Well done on the loss Emm - maybe the extra you had was just fluid.

I agree you should mention the shoulder to the doc.

Thankyou O&H and Nelli. I'm not actually recording the loss as I know it wont stay like that this week ... already gone up to 13st4lb and no doubt will change again to considerably more... as for the shoulder it's an on going problem of arthritis altho' not officially diagnosed as such.

Friday 8th November 2013

On reflecting about all my recent posts I can't help but see that this is turning more into a medical journal rather than a weight loss diary! ..
hearty-laugh.gif

All apologies to those who cringe at my on going complaints but at least it's nice to have somewhere I can vent my feelings and get things off my chest .. so to speak!
However... not feeling any bad effects from the flu jab so that's a blessing.
Only a few weeks before my cruise so losing any more weight is off the agenda. I am concentrating on eating healthily in order to try to gain back as much mobility as possible and made a decision yesterday that I am really going to carefully but diligently get my arm/shoulder moving better!
One thing that bugs me constantly is this drinking enough problem. I've resorted to very weak tea and the occasional mug of coffee (decaf) in order to increase my intake but apart from a small bottle of fizzy water that's it... which is not enough. Absolutely hate drinking water per se even tho' I have a filter .. and the majority of soft drinks have some sort of sweetener and/or preservative added to them which I am allergic to. Ends up in my having that awful burning sensation after having a wee which is typical for diabetics anyway. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Menu gone well.. had delish rainbow trout with sprouts and carrots this evening.
Cals 1090 Carbs 119

Last edited:
Saturday 9th November 2013

Had quite a good day. Did some ironing.. first time in a long while.. my home help usually does that for me. Pleased with my overall ability today.. or should that be my mobility..?
Had an email from P&O to inform me that my cabin has been upgraded .. nice.. :D
Reminded me to get my holiday insurance done which I have now done online.

Kept to a good diet regime.. Cals 1201 Carbs 109 Fat 48

Sunday 10th November 2013

Not a good night but quite a good day anyway.
Got a lot of small jobs out of the way plus filling in the form for a Tattoo ticket for next year so all I have to do now is remember to post it.
Did my shoulder exercises and was surprised at how much more I can move it after only a couple of days.
Went over my calories today... one of those hungry days plus I just couldn't get warm either.
Weight had gone down again this morning but am just concentrating on keeping to a healthy diet as I have already said.

Cals 1374 Carbs 112 Fat 60

Morning Emm - glad you are getting some movement in your shoulder. I have a bit of arthritis in my neck and it plagues me something awful sometimes, so I can guess what it must be like for you.

Yay to the cabin upgrade - bet you are looking forward to it.

We need to try to meet up when you come up for the tattoo - and hopefully Caroline will be able to come also (and anyone else who is in the Edinburgh area at the time).

I've been up since before four with the intention of catching up with work I didn't but should have done over the weekend - however between FB and here I'm not getting very far.

Have a good week

I'm glad your day was good - hope you ave a better night tonight.

Much better night thanks Caroline.

Morning Emm - glad you are getting some movement in your shoulder. I have a bit of arthritis in my neck and it plagues me something awful sometimes, so I can guess what it must be like for you.

Yay to the cabin upgrade - bet you are looking forward to it.

We need to try to meet up when you come up for the tattoo - and hopefully Caroline will be able to come also (and anyone else who is in the Edinburgh area at the time).

I've been up since before four with the intention of catching up with work I didn't but should have done over the weekend - however between FB and here I'm not getting very far.

Have a good week

Must admit that I kept putting off doing the exercises for my shoulder as it meant inevitably getting some pain during the process but it is well worth it in the end.
That will be very nice to meet up with some of my Mini friends next August Nelli. Just sent off my ticket application so hope I get a good seat.

Monday 11th November 2013

WI today 185.6 (13st 3.6lbs)
super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Am absolutely amazed as I really haven't been trying! (Now back to my pre-hospital weight) My intention now is to just maintain the weight and ..as I have already said .. work on increasing my mobility but come to think of it that would help in the losing weight area anyway.

Last edited:
Monday contd.

Went out for lunch .. Morrison's roast chicken dinner of course! Very yummy.
Got back in time for the Arthritis Care phone group. Almost got the giggles as one of the women who lives on her own and is not able to go out very much at all said that she was going to make sure she had more "me time"... I mean.. how much more me time can you have?
Made an appointment to have my hair permed tomorrow so just hope the old bones are not too painful... will be glad to get my hair done as at the mo' I look like the wild woman of the west.. :D

Diet gone very well... cals 1258 Carbs 131 Fat 47

It's the coming excitement of the cruise that is pepping her up Caroline :)

Morning Emm

How are your cruise preparations going? Do you have to shop much? I was thinking that thanks to your efforts, your dresses from last time might be too big now - though I am sure you are not complaining.

Tuesday 12th November 2013

You sound really cheery! Good for you :)

It's the coming excitement of the cruise that is pepping her up Caroline :)

Morning Emm

How are your cruise preparations going? Do you have to shop much? I was thinking that thanks to your efforts, your dresses from last time might be too big now - though I am sure you are not complaining.

Yes I certainly am feeling a lot more cheerful thanks Caroline ... and you're so right about the cruise Nelli now I am so much better.
I wont be buying anything more as I already got several items of clothes and sandals this year.

Hair permed today and now feel like a new woman! Very pleased with it.
Good diet day .. cals 1247 Carbs 107 Fat 56

Wednesday 13th November 2013

Good day... up early. Lovely sun streaming thro' my sitting room window and atmosphere just right to show up all the contrails of the planes coming and going... just amazing to see how many there are in the space of 10mins.

Lots of odd jobs done without too bad aches and pains. Home help came this afternoon so nice chat and laugh with her.

Kept to a good diet again... Cals 1276 Carbs 134 Fat 49

Sounds like you have had a lovely, peaceful day Emm :) xx

Re: Keeping it steady!

Hi emm

Have you tried white tea with pomegranate by Twinnings that's really nice for a change to get your water intake up

Xxx

Sounds like you have had a lovely, peaceful day Emm :) xx

Yes indeed... makes such a change. Thanks for the visit I&S... :)

Hi emm

Have you tried white tea with pomegranate by Twinnings that's really nice for a change to get your water intake up

Xxx

Thanks Igg ... I shall certainly try that one. I was looking at all of them only the other day but there is such a wide range I gave up trying to decide which would be best.

Re: Keeping it steady!

That one's really nice as it's not too fruity it's one of my faves, if you wanted to try feel free to inbox me an address and I can stick a couple in the post for you to try. Save buying the whole box, just in case it's not for you. X

Last edited:
Tea sounds lovely - I am having trouble drinking water, so will try some - is it OK on ss?

Hi Emm

Glad you are feeling so much better.

Evening Emm - just a flying visit.

Glad that your shoulder is freeing up a bit and that you are managing to do some exercises.
Well done on getting back to pre-hospital weight - even though you aren't really to lose weight.
You are obviousy doing lots of things right!

Not sure how often I'll get on Minis over the next few days - things a bit stressful here in Manchester.

That one's really nice as it's not too fruity it's one of my faves, if you wanted to try feel free to inbox me an address and I can stick a couple in the post for you to try. Save buying the whole box, just in case it's not for you. X

Thanks very much for the offer Igg... just been shopping and bought some and I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Tea sounds lovely - I am having trouble drinking water, so will try some - is it OK on ss?

Hi Emm

Glad you are feeling so much better.

Hi Nelli ... Continuing to improve so all good at the mo'.

Evening Emm - just a flying visit.

Glad that your shoulder is freeing up a bit and that you are managing to do some exercises.
Well done on getting back to pre-hospital weight - even though you aren't really to lose weight.
You are obviousy doing lots of things right!

Not sure how often I'll get on Minis over the next few days - things a bit stressful here in Manchester.

Hi Bev.. thanks for the visit. You're very much missed .. sorry things are in a lot turmoil for you at this time.

Thursday 14th November 2013

Rather late posting but as usual after going out to lunch.. Morrisons as per, only I had liver and onions for a change, called in at Tesco and then when I got home was so tired I went to bed and stayed there for several hours and slept soundly I might add.
Trouble is that as I have already been informed by a letter from the surgery that my blood test results show that my iron levels are still very low. I had stopped taking the iron tablets as they were giving me awful stomach pains. I have an app next week to see my doc which I actually made to discuss the fact that my leg is soo numb now due to my back problem and am quite worried about it as I often lose the ability to lift my foot properly when I'm walking... thought you might be interested in more of my aging problems.. :D

All things going very well until I went into Tesco and was attacked by a large bar of Cadbury's whole nut milk chocolate... :eek: .. very naughty as I had completely forgotten that it could possibly trigger another bout of gout in my hands... silly me!! Keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't happen and drinking lots of water in the meantime... :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
Very surprised to bump into the daughter of one of the ladies who was in hospital with me who said that they (her and her mum) had been talking about me only yesterday...(how nice) .. so I gave her my phone number and told her to get in touch.. can't have too many friends can we?!

Back