2015 and It's Now or Never!

Morning Emm

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems but glad you are keeping positive.

Do you have anything nice planned for the weekend?

Friday 15th November 2013

Quite a good day again... sunny but very cold outside.
Had my massage this afternoon which was lovely and relaxing. Took my back support belt to put on afterwards as I usually have rather a lot of pain afterwards due to laying flat for an hour... did help considerably.
Not done much else as had an hours snooze when I got home.
Diet gone very well... delish rainbow trout with sprouts and carrots for the evening meal.
Cals 1201 Carbs 128 Fat 38

Sounds like you had a good day! Rainbow trout sounds lovely as well :)

Morning Emm - I'm not good when I have to lie down either (you know I have a bad back too)
When youlie on your back do you put a support under your knees, and when on your front one under your ankles?
This helps me a lot

Morning Emm - I'm not good when I have to lie down either (you know I have a bad back too)
When youlie on your back do you put a support under your knees, and when on your front one under your ankles?
This helps me a lot

I do have a support under my knees as you say and when I have my massage she puts one there as well. I took my back support belt this time and put it on for when I drove home as it is often really painful then.

Saturday 16th November 2013

Bit of a restless night.. not too bad.. and then slept until 10.30 and felt okay when I got up but by 1 o'clock I started to sneeze like mad, nose dripping like a full on tap and now feeling very unwell... :sigh:
.. drat.. bugger.. and all the rest!!
Diet not too bad altho' couldn't be bothered with preparing a cooked meal this evening so had salad with my other rainbow trout that I had cooked yesterday.
Cals 1365 Carbs 145 Fat 60

Sorry your are unwell Emm :( it is such a pain isn't it when we get sick. Rainbow trout and salad would have been lovely though :) hoping you get well soon! xx

Morning Emm - there's a lot of bugs going around just now between colds and stomach - our office was full of sniffs and sneezes and people going home sick last week. Glad I didn't have to spend much time in there.

Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Podiatry visit today so soaked my feet for an hour to soften my toenails in order to lessen the possibility of painful toes when my nails are being cut... all worked out really well.
Apart from taking a trip to Tesco's for a couple of things came home and had a bit of a doze before the Arthritis Care group telephone discussion. Again disputed with the co-ordinator regarding doctors... talking about aggressive or passive conversations I felt that sometimes it becomes necessary to approach the doctor with an almost aggressive attitude otherwise they constantly fob you off with more pills etc. when a proper diagnosis is required. Only one more to go which apparently will be at the beginning of the new year.

Went a bit over my calories today plus carbs are bit high too...as long as my weight doesn't start to rocket upwards I'm okay with that.
Cals 1338 Carbs 160 Fat 50

Evening chica - sorry you weren't feeling too good, but glad that you are feeling better so quickly. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Life still manic in a drizzly Manchester and mum still in hospital.
Mr Pom gone home so I'm on my lonesome.

Tuesday 19th November 2013

Quite a good day... slept well and didn't get up until about 10am.
Hip and back rather stiff and painful but that's normal-ish anyway.
Did lots of clearing up and odd jobs so well pleased with that.
Kept to a low carb day.. decided to be everso good! :innocent0002:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Finn Crisps 2 + Butter
Dinner - Cheese 60g + Salad + Carrot 45g + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 45g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals. 1120 Carbs 64 Fat 77 Protein 47 Sugars 38 Fibre 10

Wednesday 20th November 2013

Cold and wet day... had one of my dozy days where I just can't keep awake.
Phone call from my friend who is going to come round and see me next Monday for a chinwag which will be nice.
Late appointment with my doc this afternoon which I had made in order to discuss the problem with my leg and foot due to my back problem. He very kindly arranged for me to go and see the physio to get some help with that and then proceeded to explain that as my iron levels have been quite deficient for some time now it needs to be looked into ... could be due to long term use of Naproxen or may well be cancer... and had I considered that? Needless to say I was somewhat taken aback altho' the thought of cancer had always been in my mind regarding my continual constipation which seems to be sorted since being in hospital... Ah well! I'm not going to stress out about that too much at the mo' even tho' I did stop on the way home and get fish and chips for my tea which has sent my counts waaay over the top... very delish they were anyway.. :D
Car being collected tomorrow morning for it's MOT ... just hope I wake up when they knock...
Night night..:)

Thursday 21st November 2013

Funny thing that I woke up just a couple of minutes before the man came to collect my car... strange that.
MOT completed and as they were doing a half price offer it only cost me a total of £27.43!
Been okayish today but just not felt like eating at all so apart from 2 pieces of toast and a Cadbury Ice cream plus several cups of very weak tea that's been it... and not going to worry about it either... one day of fasting wont make a disaster I'm sure.
Totals so far = Cals 607 Carbs 66 (6pm)

Friday 22nd November 2013

Beautiful sunny day... feeling quite good and di a lot of jobs around the flat.
Massage this afternoon which was really great and then intended to go and get a few groceries but the traffic was awful so came home instead.
Menus quite good as well today..
Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblsn
Lunch - Banana
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1 + Coffee made with 120ml Milk
Evening - Bacon 83g + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 83g + Tom. Ketchup 15g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 30g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1259 Carbs 97 Fat 69 Protein 55 Sugars 53 Fibre 14

Morning Emm - I hope they investigate quickly to put your mind at rest.

Hope you are feeling better today - well done on the food,

Hugs x

Morning Emm - I hope they investigate quickly to put your mind at rest.

Hope you are feeling better today - well done on the food,

Hugs x

Thanks Carol.

Saturday 23rd November 2013

Rather achy this morning so it took a while for me to get moving... so different from yesterday. Did eventually get myself moving and got a lot of jobs done which I was pleased about... Weather rather a mixture of sunny and then rainy and windy.
Phone call from my D Sandra and we had a nice chat ... always great to hear from her.
Menu quite good altho' carbs a bit high.

Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblsn
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Butter + Cheese 25g
Evening - Tuna (canned in brine) 100g + Salad + Jacket Potato 160g + S.Cream 25g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 30g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1171 Carbs 129 Fat 51 Protein 58 Sugars 33 Fibre 12

Morning Emm - hope your bones are co-operating this morning and that you had a good nights sleep.

It cannot be long to the cruise now, so you'll at least get a bit of sunshine then.

Everyone on my FB page just now seems to be very happy to issue dire weather warning for Scotland, and at this time of year I could happily go live in Florida :) Well, maybe not quite, but a dose of the sun would be nice :)

Have a good Sunday

Sunday 24th November 2013

Just about okay today and sun shining beautifully again.
Went out to lunch and had my usual roast chicken which was delish.
On to Tesco's and did a bit of shopping and got home about 3.30.
Really annoyed that once again when they took my car in for the MOT somebody changed my radio settings (again!) and I can't find how to put it back where I want it!! GRRRRRRRRR!! I shall call in at Thurlow Nunn and "politely" ask them to flippin' well put it right and next time to leave the blinking thing alone!!!
Autumn scene 001.jpg
Lovely autumn scene from my window.. such gorgeous colours on the trees.
Unfortunately went completely skew-was today and ate for too many Krisprolls which I bought because I had a coupon.. :sigh: .. can't resist using those coupons but in the end it's not a saving at all when one gorges on the product.. :confused:
So cals are somewhere in the 1500 and Carbs 150... and I'll be good tomorrow! :D

Monday 25th November 2013

Surprising what effect the knowing someone is coming to visit has... up and about and got the place really neat and orderly .. found that quite pleasing somehow.

So my friend Jan came round and stayed for a couple of hours and we had a great chat and laugh together... what better medicine is that!?!

Arthritis Care phone group again where the co-ordinator stuttered and stumbled her way thro' it all... Nice to talk to others who are suffering in the same way as myself and knowing that they really do understand what it is like.

Had an absolute humongous binge last night to the point where .. I am ashamed to say .. I felt extremely sick and bloated and had to stay up till the early hours before I could go to bed.. :eek:
WI was just 0.6lb loss and up until yesterday I was 2lb down so serves me right.. :(
Did well today and no doubt will lose a bit more by tomorrow... (she says hopefully.. :rolleyes: )

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 0.25g
Lunch - Brazil Nuts 40g
Snack - Rich Tea Biscuits 2
Evening - Cheese 60g + Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Bread 1slice + Pate 10g
Extra - Milk 225ml

Cals 1167 Carbs 74 Fat 76 Protein 49 Sugars 30 Fibre 9

Back