2015 and It's Now or Never!

Morning Emm - you have been busy haven't you. I haven't had a "real" Christmas cake in years. My Mum used to always make one for themselves and one for each of us - complete with peaked icing and a snowman, santa and Christmas tree on the top. We used to hand the decorations back for next year :) You really took me back there.

Have a good Sunday

Morning Emm - you have been busy haven't you. I haven't had a "real" Christmas cake in years. My Mum used to always make one for themselves and one for each of us - complete with peaked icing and a snowman, santa and Christmas tree on the top. We used to hand the decorations back for next year :) You really took me back there.

Have a good Sunday

Haven't got round to doing that yet but I've got all this week before taking it to the Dance Ranch place for the raffle.
Had much the same experience too as it was during the war years when fruit etc. was very hard to get but one of my aunts who was a fabulous cake maker sent us one each Christmas. I remember particularly that it was always finished off with snowman and santa plus those little hard silver balls which almost cracked your teeth .. and a gorgeous frill round it which my mother without fail.. complained about as it was held on with ordinary dress pins. .. just in case one of us might swallow one! ... but it was absolutely fab and the taste was really delish!!.. mouth watering as of now! :drool:

Sunday 8th December 2013

Woke up at about 6.30 and decided to get up at 7am. Had breakfast which took about an hour all told and then felt so tired I went back to bed for a couple of hours and slept soundly!! :D
At last did my fitting session which I realise I had been putting off mainly because I have to move so many things in order to get into my wardrobe properly.. However, that accomplished I was very pleased that I returned the coat as I have at least 8 of various types and this one is just great..love faux fur..

DSCN0259.jpg .. DSCN0261.jpg and have been walking very gingerly with these sandals on which I bought last year but couldn't get on so thought I would try to break them in. Have a lovely diamonte clutch bag to match.
Not too many things to alter.. one pair of trousers which need the elastic to be joined properly so I can discard the safety pin .. which I wore last year but they fit much better now! Another pair that need the bottoms up a couple of inches, a long sleeved lacy blouse that needs the sleeves shortened (short arms me) so very pleased there's really not much to do. YAY!!

Wrote all my Xmas cards out this morning and.. something I have long procrastinated about.. sent a small cheque to my grandchildren. Now the point here is that when I was in Sheffield I said to my GrandD that I had mentioned some time back to her mum that as I would like to treat them all the same and having given to my other D's family I wanted to send them something. The reason for mentioning it was because of the situation with one of her brothers as he is in quite a bad mental state and I wouldn't trust sending him anything.. not that I want to say anything more on that score. However, being the rather negative person I am when she sort of brushed it off I felt a bit awkward and almost feel that my few pounds don't or wouldn't mean anything much. On the other hand I think it far better to fulfil my offer and then it's up to them whether they use it or not, hey?.. and tbh I feel a lot better for having done that anyway... not that I want to sound rather saintly but getting it off my chest as it were.. :D

Another good diet day.
Breakfast - Bacon 62g + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Banana
Dinner - Fish Fingers 4 + Cabbage 85g + Carrot 85g + Peas 75g + Mash 25g + Tom. Ketchup 20g
Supper - Danone Danoi Yogurt 1
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1269 Carbs 112 Fat 57 Protein 79 Sugars 64 Fibre 16
Logged extra 44 cals for all that fitting session... whoo!
exhausted.gif

Last edited:
Well done on the weight Emm - glad you don't have an awful lot of altering to do for the holiday. When is it you cruise off into the sunset ? I am sooo jealous but of course since I couldn't take Oscar and wouldn't want to leave him right now, cruising would not be an option.

Have a good week.

Monday cont

Out for lunch at the Town House carvery. Very tasty pork with veggies and a Yorkshire pud. Nice seat next to the window overlooking the river.
Posted all my cards so that's done and dusted.

Telephoned Age UK about my power bill. He was extremely helpful and worked out what I should be paying and as it happens everything is okay so that's a relief.

Very tired when I got home about 3o'clock.. :sigh: .. get so fed up with that as my strength just suddenly leaves me and I can only sit and doze off. Guess it must be a lot to do with my age but it is soo annoying when I really want to get on and do something. Unfortunately hit a bit of a low and ate 2/3rds of a pack of crackers... :mad: ... and that after my great start to the day too!!

(Just pressed a tab that made my tool bar and everything else disappear!!
Took me a while to figure out what to do to bring it back... :eek: )

Cals so far stand at about 1280 and Carbs 123 but think I shal most probably have to have something else before I go to bed tonight.

(I dare you to listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reuK2msTzec )

Last edited:
Morning Emm - hope you are feeling good today. I have never been able to fall asleep in the day, but have always gone to bed early and slept like a log - even as a youngster whereas J can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, any time any place, in fact he only needs to sit down in front of the TV - there is a standing joke that he has never seen an entire film :)

Did you get your alterations done?

Morning Emm - hope you are feeling good today. I have never been able to fall asleep in the day, but have always gone to bed early and slept like a log - even as a youngster whereas J can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, any time any place, in fact he only needs to sit down in front of the TV - there is a standing joke that he has never seen an entire film :)

Did you get your alterations done?

Not too bad today thanks Nelli.

Must say that the idea of seeing an entire prog thro' is much of a muchness with me too! I record various things I really like such as The Good Wife and often watch them 2/3 times and am amazed at how much I miss the first time.. no wonder the plot never seems to make much sense..
smiley-face-laughing.gif

Alterations planned to do tomorrow as my home help comes in then so I just sit and do something to keep out of the way..IYKWIM!

Tuesday 10th December 2013

Put my bread maker up for sale on Gumtree yesterday and got a reply almost straight away. Arranged for her to call today after 4pm but then my hairdresser phoned and asked if I could go in at 3.30 instead of 2.30. Said that was okay but forgot about the other... so now I don't know whether she came round or not..such a nuisance when there is no way of contact.

Chatting to hairdresser made me realise that it's literally just 8 days until I'm off on my cruise.. :D .. getting very excited... so much to do!!

Another bit of juggling my menu today but all told counts are not too bad.

Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tablspn + Milk 120ml
Lunch - Braed 50g + Cheese 25g + Tom. Cup.a.soup
Snack - Apple + Crackers 6
Dinner - Fish Fingers 4 + Cabbage 94g + Carrot 84g + Tom. Ketchup 20g
Supper - Finn Crisps 3 + L.C. Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1324 Carbs 175 Fat 43 Protein 56 Sugars 67 Fibre 21

Wednesday 11th December 2013

A good day.. Home help came as per.. and did a really great job again. Took the zimmer frame downstairs and put it in my car and then I went the N&N and returned it. Couldn't make out why the receptionist looked rather non-plussed but then realised as I was driving home that because she had been busy talking as I took the frame up to the desk when she then stopped to ask what I wanted and I said "I've brought this back and I can't stop because I'm parked where I shouldn't be".. the frame was shorter than the desk so I expect she was wondering exactly what it was I had brought back.

I was quite amazed and rather touched that she was very concerned about my health as the last time she was here I was telling her about the doc saying I must probably had cancer and she had talked to her husband about it too. So she was just as taken aback when I told her that he never mentioned cancer again but now it's my kidneys that are about to fail ... any day now according to his calculations!

Food has been a bit skew-was again... think the apprehension of the coming travelling is taking hold. I do tend to worry about whether I will be able to get moving on the day of departure seeing as how it's a 7am start. I usually keep an alarm set so I take regular doses of tabs thro'out the night and by the time I get on the coach I am ready to zonk out and have a sleep! :giggle:

Goodness Em, your doctor sure has a way with words, first suggesting you have cancer, then not mentioning it again - now you Kidneys giving out ' any day now'. Hope you are ok, and hopefully your doctor has misjudged his diagnosis and your kidneys stay lovely and healthy :)

Hello Emma!!! *wave wave*

6 days to your cruise. The excitement's building!

Just popped in to say hello and hope you have a wonderful day!

Afternoon chica - oooooooooooooh only 6 days to crusing! Stop worrying and start getting excited!

Saturday 14th December 2013

Had a massive downer... think it was between not sleeping well with the stress of not knowing what to believe because of my doc's words. Was trying to decide whether to let him know just how I feel but I'm sure he will most probably say that I had misunderstood or didn't hear him properly...anyway managed to have a good sleep last night so feeling very much better today.

Tackled my sewing jobs this afternoon which included another couple of pairs of trousers. Remembered that I had a whole box full of them some of which were far too small and a couple that were pinstripe which I don't like so they'll go to the charity shop. Finished off the blouse cuffs with ribbon which I bought yesterday and am very pleased with the finished effect.

Went down to the Stallion Dance Ranch this evening and took the fruit cake to my line dance friend so she can share it out amongst them. Got there before anyone else so I didn't have to face them... very embarrassed me to be having to use a walking stick.

Another good start this morning to my dieting which has gradually crumbled into a rather dismal high cals and carbs... but as long as I don't gain I guess that will do for now.

Since you are just about to go on a cruise and hopefully be offered all sorts of goodies to eat, followed by Christmas, I think if you have a STS until after then you will be doing brill.

When do you leave and where do you stop ?

Since you are just about to go on a cruise and hopefully be offered all sorts of goodies to eat, followed by Christmas, I think if you have a STS until after then you will be doing brill.

When do you leave and where do you stop ?

Agree totally with those comments Nelli and so far an STS this week is looking good as well.

I leave on the 19th and it's for 10 nights and not 12 as I have been stating.
Leave from Southampton and stops at La Caruna Spain, Casablanca Morroco and Lisbon Portugal.... and yes, I am getting very excited and somewhat apprehensive as well. (old bones an' all that rubbish! :D )

3 days to go!

Sunday 15th December 2013

Great day... sunny but raining and very cold!
The heating went on straight away and soon warmed everywhere up.

Phone call from my youngest D and we had a lovely chat and laugh together.. also some reminiscing about our past dilemmas with husbands as she's been thro' the mill too. Ended on a nice note tho' and she was pleased to have received her pressie from me.

Made some delicious soup from veg that needed using up..carrots, red pepper, celery and onions with an added veg stock cube.
Amazing how tasty everything is and how much better I feel when not eating a lot of rubbish.. chocolate in particular.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2 Tblsn
Lunch - Cheese 32g + Apple 1 + Tom Chutney 3 teaspns
Dinner - Soup homemade + Bread 30g + Salmon baked + Peas canned garden 100g + Th. Isle Dressing 20g
Supper - Peaches in juice 100g + Crème Fraiche 60ml
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1229 Carbs 115 Fat 60 Protein 52 Sugars 60 Fibre 18

Glad you're finally getting excited about the holiday Emm. You'll have a lovely time.
And a STS so far this week is sounding good.
Just eat lots of nice stuff on the cruise and don't fret too much about diet.
These sort of things only happen occasionally so go and enjoy it!

Back