2015 and It's Now or Never!

Hello Em. I wonder why she didnt want a fitting? You sound as though you have had a good day. My word in the last 2 letters start te new word was an abbreviation. I culdnt find a word beginning mb. Ive put meaning in the thread. I went swimming today so feel sleepy tonght. Mo :)

Hello Emm. I wonder why she didnt want a fitting? You sound as though you have had a good day. My word in the last 2 letters start te new word was an abbreviation. I culdnt find a word beginning mb. Ive put meaning in the thread. I went swimming today so feel sleepy tonght. Mo :)

I think the idea of traipsing up here was too much effort tbh!

Re the abbreviation words: that's fine however you want to do it. I was just curious.
I tend to write the actual words such with
ng
I would put National Gallery and underline the last two letters ..ry .. for the new word but there is no hard and fast ruling set Mo.

Sometimes Emm ready meals are easier.

Evening Emm,

Some people are never happy don't matter how much you want to help them.Did she come for a fitting or were you asking her to come during the week?:)

Yes they may well be easier Mary but can you honestly say they are worth buying.. Yuk!
On the few occasions I have bought them I think what a waste of money.

Fitting arranged for next Tuesday afternoon.

Oops - Duplicate

Last edited:
Evening Emm
. . . Yes they may well be easier Mary but can you honestly say they are worth buying.. Yuk!
On the few occasions I have bought them I think what a waste of money.
I think it depends on the type you buy and where you get them from.

When I'm here on my own in the UK with seriously limited cooking utensils and pans (mum has 2 very small pans and 1 wooden spoon!) I do tend to buy instant meals. Usually not the ping variety though. I get the pre-prepared raw stuff from M&S or Sainsburys, say chicken wrapped in bacon or salmon in white sauce, that you just whack in the oven and I then just have to cook loads of veg to go with it.

I find them convenient and actually very tasty, so yes worth buying and not a waste of money.
Not cheap though I admit when you compare them to what the ingredientrs would cost.

Mind you I do love Tesco instant chicken and bacon pasta bake. You just stuff it in the microwave for about 7 minutes.
It has low salt, no sugar and no nasty additives and is very tasty and fillimg and just needs a small salad to go with it.

I have all the time in the world at home and always cook from scratch, but if you are really knackered after a long day at work I can see why busy mum's go for them.

I used to buy the sort of meals you describe for J for when we are busy during the week Bev, but they cost a fortune, so I've been bulk cooking and freezing instead. Took a while to get a good range of different things in the freezer, but now I am into the way of it and cook about four portions at a time, one for at the time, one for later in the week and two for the freezer. Saves a fortune.

Morning Emm

Hope the girl came for a fitting - there's nothing worse than being in the middle of something and not able to move on and get it finished. Have a good Monday.

Evening Emm

I think it depends on the type you buy and where you get them from.

When I'm here on my own in the UK with seriously limited cooking utensils and pans (mum has 2 very small pans and 1 wooden spoon!) I do tend to buy instant meals. Usually not the ping variety though. I get the pre-prepared raw stuff from M&S or Sainsburys, say chicken wrapped in bacon or salmon in white sauce, that you just whack in the oven and I then just have to cook loads of veg to go with it.

I find them convenient and actually very tasty, so yes worth buying and not a waste of money.
Not cheap though I admit when you compare them to what the ingredients would cost.

Mind you I do love Tesco instant chicken and bacon pasta bake. You just stuff it in the microwave for about 7 minutes.
It has low salt, no sugar and no nasty additives and is very tasty and filling and just needs a small salad to go with it.

I have all the time in the world at home and always cook from scratch, but if you are really knackered after a long day at work I can see why busy mum's go for them.

Interesting point Bev...Never looked at that type of ready meal... tbh I didn't realise that sort were there! Think I'll have a look next time I'm out shopping. I need things for when I'm unable to stand for very long.

I used to buy the sort of meals you describe for J for when we are busy during the week Bev, but they cost a fortune, so I've been bulk cooking and freezing instead. Took a while to get a good range of different things in the freezer, but now I am into the way of it and cook about four portions at a time, one for at the time, one for later in the week and two for the freezer. Saves a fortune.

Morning Emm

Hope the girl came for a fitting - there's nothing worse than being in the middle of something and not able to move on and get it finished. Have a good Monday.

Morning Carol
Like you I do a lot of "extra" meals and put them in the freezer but it is nice to have something different.
Fitting is arranged for tomorrow and if she still has the same attitude I will not be bothering or worrying about doing a magnificent job altho' I am inclined to be a bit of a perfectionist .. :D

Monday 7th April 2014

Bit peed off this morning as my weight has gone up yet again! Now 192.2!! Yikes! :eek:
Maybe some of it due to my system being somewhat at a standstill ..
Low carbing from now on in earnest.

Spent ages today and yesterday trawling thro' flights to Waterford Eire.. These airlines have a direct flight from Norwich but they only operate for a few months and then they're stopped again. Now the flight goes from Norwich to Manchester with about 3hrs wait and then on to Waterford... :sigh:
Only takes about an hour to get from the uk to Waterford.
Hoping to go over in May to see my great grandchildren.. and grandchildren of course.
I shall stay in a hotel and make a nice holiday out of it.
Put an advert on Streetlife forum for someone to cut down the ivy that is about to creep over my kitchen window. A couple came round to look at what needed to be done and as we were talking I mentioned the flower border in the front so it's quite possible that they will do that as well for me..:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Evening Em,

How difficult would it be to get to Stansted and take a flight from there?

Some of the flight patterns are crazy - I was looking for a flight to Inverness a few months ago and the return the office came up with went through Dublin !!!! I got the train :)

Hope your client is nice when she comes today Emm

Evening Emm,

How difficult would it be to get to Stansted and take a flight from there?

I used to go via Stansted Mel, but they only go to Dublin which means I would be going by coach from Norwich to Stansted and then have to get another transport from Dublin to Waterford which is far too much hassle.. :confused:
Some flights go from a London based airport via Amsterdam and then Waterford!
I'm quite happy with the wait at Manchester.. plenty of time to have a good meal and visit the rest room etc.

I love Streetlife.I have got a handyman off of ours and he will come and do any little job I need doing.I usually get people on there to recommend for bigger jobs.:)

I have met a couple of ladies on there.I go for a coffee with one to the local cafe now and again and the other I go for a walk with when she has a day off.:)

It is a very helpful site but I did sign off from it awhile back as I had written about my difficulties with the council and Mow & Grow and ended up getting some very scathing remarks from a couple of people. However, since resigning I'm pleased to say that things are a lot better and I have a couple who are coming round to remove the ivy off the wall outside.

Tuesday 8th April 2014

Absolutely delighted to find today that my weight has gone down again and slightly less than it was on Monday's WI... now 188.2lbs!

Pleased to say that the young lady came round for her fitting and was in good humour... perhaps I had caught her at the wrong moment before.
Dress alterations were not as straight forward as I had hoped. Everything had been made as an enclosed item so to do a really good job I would have had to take the whole thing to pieces so I just hand sewed the straps which look fine.. but shortening the under skirt was a different story and so I left it just tacked up in position instead. Have decided not to charge anything so she won't feel hard done by and she'll still have time to take it elsewhere if need be.
I should have reserved my reply until after I had seen the garment... that'll teach me!

At least I got to use my machine to mend a couple of things whilst I had it out.

Everything seems to be late this week.. letter from the hospital for the endoscopy not received yet and sent an email for a repeat prescription on Sunday night and that's quite late being delivered.

Meals gone well again.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tablspn
Lunch - Bacon 40g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1 + Ginger Tea 1Mug
Dinner - Cheese 50g + Cabbage 125g + Carrot 75g + Fruit Sauce 20g
Supper - Banana 1/2 + Jelly (sugar free) + Cream 70ml
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1312 Carbs 80 Fat 79 Protein 61 Sugars 48 Fibre 12

Hello Em. Im sure everything will turn up eventually. It will be good when al the hospital appointments are over for a while. Mo :)

Evening Em,

Congrats on job well done, your weight drop and getting your gardening sorted (hopefully).

I agree -- a long commute on both ends re: airport would not be great.

Wednesday 9th April 2014

Woke nice and early and had everything sorted for this afternoon when home help was due but then had phone call from her to say she has food poisoning so she won't be coming until next Wednesday.. always end up being very suspicious of these things and wonder whether she is getting fedup with coming... most probably not but that's me being pessimistic as usual.

Then had an email from the "ivy" man to say he can't come on Friday as arranged but if I wanted to get someone else that was okay.. Sent an email to ask if there was some other reason..i.e. with council..then realised there was another email to ask if next Wednesday will be okay!

Received letter from hospital about the stomach procedure.. Gastroscopy.. and both of my presumptions were wrong as the tube is inserted into the mouth and an anaesthetic spray into the throat is used to stop any gagging which will be great. So that's good news.

Went out and had lunch at Morrisons and this time had a jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise and salad which was quite nice. Went to Tesco but all their mobility scooters were needing repair so went and sat in my car and had a bit of a snooze before going off to the doctors. Very pleased as he immediately set about preparing to give me the injection I had requested but then when he said he needed to be able to get to my shoulder properly and this being a day when I had put on a 3/4 length sleeved top I very embarrassedly said that I didn't have a bra on and looked at him to which of course he just shrugged his shoulders to say it didn't matter... what a stupid thing for me to do/say! . :d'oh: .... think it's one of those days when I have very low self esteem.

Meals gone well anyway which is surprising.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2 Tablspn
Lunch - Jacket Potato + Tuna Mayonaisse + Salad
Dinner - Bread 34g + Cheese 29g
Supper - Banana 1/2 + Jelly sugar free + Cream 70ml
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1376 Carbs 106 Fat 76 Protein 60 Sugars 34 Fibre 11

Hello Em. Well you had quite a day but it sounds good. So is the gardener coming next Wednesday? Hope so. Mo :)

See Em - not a great day. Everything kind of went pear shaped. I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

Morning Emm - hope you are feeling bright and chipper this morning. Well done on losing and great that you have found someone to do the garden and got the dress sorted. I have to say I'd rather make a whole new dress than start to do intricate alterations :)

Morning Em
I'm trying to do a bit of a diary catch up. Wow, you have had a lot going on! Sun is shining here this morning, so I hope it is the same for you in Norwich.

Morning Em,

Morning Emm - hope you are feeling bright and chipper this morning. Well done on losing and great that you have found someone to do the garden and got the dress sorted. I have to say I'd rather make a whole new dress than start to do intricate alterations :)

I'm the same -- I'd rather start from scratch than alter.

Hello Emm. Well you had quite a day but it sounds good. So is the gardener coming next Wednesday? Hope so. Mo :)

Hi Mo, Yes the gardener is coming next Wednesday!YaY!!
Hope your moving plans are still on the go... do let me know how you are getting on.

See Emm - not a great day. Everything kind of went pear shaped. I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

That's so very true Mel... pear shaped and then some.. :confused:

Not bright and chipper unfortunately Carol... :boohoo:
I agree with you on the dress business, now I know why they charge so much to those things... it's a lot harder than it looks.

Morning Emm,

Just having a read while on my tea break.;)

Thanks for the visit Mary..:)

Morning Emm
I'm trying to do a bit of a diary catch up. Wow, you have had a lot going on! Sun is shining here this morning, so I hope it is the same for you in Norwich.

Norwich is sunny and quite warm today Mw...more disasterous happenings to relate.. :rolleyes:

Morning Emm,

I'm the same -- I'd rather start from scratch than alter.

So very true Mel... must admit I got so fed up with it and knowing it's not going to meet my standards whatever I try to do I am not going to charge anything so there will be no come back on it as I said before..

I have to say at this point that all your posts really keep me going.. You have no idea how much it means to me to know that you are reading all about my continual moans and groans... Thank you so much! .. :thankyou:

Back