2015 and It's Now or Never!

Saturday 28th June 2014

Very surprisingly I am feeling so much better.. in fact I did begin to feel better about 4am this morning and my back pain has subsided a great deal too. Just have a bit of a funny throat and a bit of coughing but nothing much really... I can't help thinking that somewhere along the line I must have got a bad chill... just another one of those problems with getting old! Have you ever wondered why old folk walk about on lovely sunny warm days wearing coats and scarves?.. It's 'cos we catch a chill at the slightest whiff of a breeze!.. and that's why I had such a bad back with the ensuing cold symptoms... now I've been left with a rather blocked up ear.. kept wondering why I had to keep putting the volume up on the TV.
Well.. all things continuing in like vain I shall be able to go to my theatre booking tonight as I had mistakenly thought it was yesterday. Had phoned the theatre restaurant and left a message to cancel and they phoned me back to say it was tonight... Cancelled that anyway which I'm quite happy with as I do have some coughing fits now and again.. must remember to get some throat sweets to take with me.

So far all things a go-go and C&W music on the radio is great!

Great news that you haven't missed your theatre visit tonight - and good to hear that you are feeling so much better.

I weighed this morning and am 190lbs exactly.. pleased with that.
Back on plan:

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 24 + Tom. Cup-a-soup
Snack - Actimel 100g + Vit C
Dinner - Meat Balls 4 + Cabbage 90g + Ba.Beans 125g
Supper - Peaches in juice canned 100g + Custard (made with soya milk)
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1278 Carbs 120 Fat 56 Protein 75 Sugars 73 Fibre 15

Well done you getting back on plan - wish I could get my ass in gear :)

Glad you are feeling better. There's a nasty bug going around ere and it's taking ages to shift.

Have a good week

Monday 30th June 2014

Theatre performance was totally cr$p!! Apart from the two stars Vincent and Flavia there were just 12 other dancers plus about 6 actors/general dogsbodies who strolled around pretending to be bar patrons and a leading man who was a detective and narrating the story and one woman singer/actress...Considering that the dancers appeared 3 couples at a time left the stage almost bare and the scenery would have been a distraction if it had been something to delight in but 95% of the time it was all dull bleak wooden structures..To be fair altho' I was not impressed by all of this the fact is that the singing these days is always done in top volume which annoys me immensely.. and then after having taken steps to avoid coughing thro' the performance the woman next to me did just that but surprisingly stopped when at half time the lights went up!.. And I left!! :eek:
Rant over!
No post yesterday as I had a bit of a relapse which I thought may well happen but all things good today.

WI this morning STS.. which is what I expected but full blast ahead from now on to get some more of this flab to depart. . :girlpower:

Today I shall be watching Murray on his next round which should prove interesting as his opponent is very much taller than him and will therefore have a bigger reach.. fingers crossed he'll be a winner. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
..and hopefully I'll get this sewing done and dusted.

Hi Em

What a shame about the theatre! Well done on a STS. I have only skimmed through your diary to try to catch up a little, but it looks like it has been a bit of a difficult week, so a STS is pretty good.

Morning Emm. Well done on the STS after a tough week.

Was it "Dance til Dawn" that you went to see? It's been getting rave reviews and my friend saw it in Manchester and said it was great.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I saw their last show "Midnight Tango" which was stunning.
Same principal though - just V&F and a few other couples but a few non-dancers.

Hi Em

What a shame about the theatre! Well done on a STS. I have only skimmed through your diary to try to catch up a little, but it looks like it has been a bit of a difficult week, so a STS is pretty good.

Hi MW.. Thanks for the visit.

Morning Emm. Well done on the STS after a tough week.

Was it "Dance til Dawn" that you went to see? It's been getting rave reviews and my friend saw it in Manchester and said it was great.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I saw their last show "Midnight Tango" which was stunning.
Same principal though - just V&F and a few other couples but a few non-dancers.

It was "Dance 'til Dawn".. may well have been that I still wasn't feeling up to par. I think the woman coughing was the final straw. On the other hand how can they call it a spectacular show with just that amount of dancers. .. Maybe I'm just being an old grouch! :D

Monday contd:

I trawled the forums and Google plus searched thro' my files in order to find my registered disabled number which Argos says they require in order for me to obtain the return of the VAT on my walker... eventually was informed that there is no such thing and all they need is a letter or the like to confirm my disability...It's taken me the best part of the day believe it or not! .. .. so needless to say that no sewing has been done apart from starting to sew up the finished doll's jacket.

Delighted that I've now come across some lovely blouses that I can now get into.. size 24/26 whereas I used to be 34/36 :clap::clap:

I did spend some wee while .. ahem.. a bit longer than that,, watching Murray get thro' to the next round and very good it was too.

Menus have been grand and am quite pleased with myself for that.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 26g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Actimel Drink 100ml + Digestive Biscuits 2 + Coffee 2g with Milk 160ml + Rhubarb&Custard Sweets 4
Dinner - Corned Beef 100g + Garden Peas canned 100g + Cabbage 100g + Mash (instant) 30g + Fruit Sauce 16g
Supper - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1382 Carbs 164 Fat 41 Protein 71 Sugars 103 Fibre 16

. . . I did spend some wee while .. ahem.. a bit longer than that,, watching Murray get thro' to the next round and very good it was too.
Me too - I missed the first set as we were out at bridge, but saw the 2nd and 3rd.
I also "lost" time to another 3 sets from Djokovic.
They are both looking awesome and a real shame that potentially they'll meet in the semis.
If Andy had been seeded 2 or 4 he could have missed him right up to the final.

Me too - I missed the first set as we were out at bridge, but saw the 2nd and 3rd.
I also "lost" time to another 3 sets from Djokovic.
They are both looking awesome and a real shame that potentially they'll meet in the semis.
If Andy had been seeded 2 or 4 he could have missed him right up to the final.

I agree Bev.. two favs bypassing unfortunately but Murray is looking really good and it's a puzzle after being so awful in the French Opens.

Tuesday 1st July 2014

Weighed this morning and find I've dropped 1.6lbs!.. Brill! One of those times when I keep getting on the scales to make sure if it's right.. :bliss::bliss:

Back was pretty bad but did ease after a bit so went out to lunch and was okay with the sitting and eating now.. so that's my anxiety stress conquered okay. I brought half of it home with me as I just can't eat a big meal these days since being on this diet.
Bumped into one of my buddies from my line dancing days and had a really nice chat.. that really made my day tbh. She used to be a very sarcastic sort of person which was just her manner and I found that hard to cope with but she seems to have mellowed considerably.

Went on to Tesco but 2 of their 3 mobility scooters have been out of order now for quite some time which is very annoying. I was going to wait but as I only wanted a few things I decided to leave it for now but I am going to send a complaint to H.O. :character00148:

Called in at the surgery to collect the form for another blood test and I noted that he has put on it "taking statins"! I shall be interested to see what the results will be as am taking steps to cut down on all the cholesterol type foods as much as possible but am def not going to take the statins!

Then to the bank to get some cash and the car park was bulging with cars.. what a shitty mess that is!!! hardly room for 6 cars at the most and with the one way entry/exit.. ridiculous! There is a Waitrose just opposite but apparently they complain regularly because Barclays customers park there.. and their car park is huge.

Took a few more things into the charity shop and it was so nice to have a big warm smile and thankyou for a change! Usually they peer into the bag and mumble and disappear out the back with it.
However, despite all things my wee loss has put me in too good of a mood to be upset by any shenanigans! Yay!
super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tuesday contd:

Tennis was great.. so surprising that this young 19yo Australian.. first time at Wimbledon.. beat Nadal!..

Back pain suddenly got quite bad again.. very annoying. Trouble is my leg goes so numb and it keeps nearly collapsing.. just managed to get my salad sorted for my tea tonight.

Menus today:
Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt Strawberry 100g
Lunch - Morrisons Chicken + Veg + Mash (1/2 meal)
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1 + Milk S.S. 220ml with Galaxy Hot Chocolate 15g
Dinner - Ham 100g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1201 Carbs 100 Fat 39 Protein 97 Sugars 69 Fibre 6

The Nadal game was amazing. Nick Kyrgios is definitely a star of the future!
Hope your back is better tomorrow.

Wednesday 2nd July 2014

Back pain diminished slightly so all good.
Up fairly early (for me) and got my bed stripped and in the wash plus cleared a few things out of the way ready for my home help to call.. Always cheery and listens to my latest ailments reports.
Put together my new fan for the sitting room.. lovely
426-3446_PI_TPS1801969
good strong breeze and 3 settings.. I keep it on a remote controlled plug which is really handy.

Very disappointed at Murray's defeat.. just didn't seem to have much go in him altho' the other guy was brilliant.

Menus went well again..

Breakfast - Actimel Yogurt Drink 100g + Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Bread 34g + Butter 8g
Snack - NIL
Dinner - Bacon 80g + Peas garden canned 100g + Mash 30g + Fruity Sauce 15g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1169 Carbs 86 Fat 60 Protein 72 Sugars 57 Fibre 8

Friday 4th July 2014

Yesterday I was soo busy that on arriving home I just slept and slept!
Today all good.. pleased with the little dolls coat until I put it on the doll to find it was like a tent on it! . :giggle:. I have such poor ability to size up things in fact the first time I made a jumper for my OH it completely swamped him.. looked like one of those cartoons.

Watched the tennis for most of the afternoon but did manage to unpick the waistband on one pair of trousers.. only need to alter and machine and then do another 5 or 6!

Made a cauliflower cheese for my dinner tonight so I hope it turns out okay.

Last edited:
Cauliflower cheese was delish!

I did by the peri peri sauce yesterday but when I took the salmon fillet out of the fridge it had gone off... and the portion of the chicken dinner had gone off as well. Can't always get round to doing things as I had planned but no big deal.

Breakfast - Oats 32g + Honey 1/2Tblspn + Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Ham 68g + Salad + S.Cream 25g
Snack - Cherries 25
Dinner - Cauliflower Cheese + Peas garden canned 100g
Supper - Digestive Biscuit 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1273 Carbs 122 Fat 54 Protein 63 Sugars 75 Fibre 16

Evening Emm

. . . I have such poor ability to size up things in fact the first time I made a jumper for my OH it completely swamped him.. looked like one of those cartoons.
LOL :8855:
Mr Pom's mum once knitted him a ribbed jumper.
It was sooooooo long his girlfreind of the day in 1970 (before me!) who was only 5ft tall wore it as a a dress!

Watched the tennis for most of the afternoon. . .
Mi tambien!
All work went out of the window and I watched both semi's.
Thoroughly enjoyed Djokovic/Dimitrov but found Federer/Raonic a bit boring.

Evening Emm

LOL :8855:
Mr Pom's mum once knitted him a ribbed jumper.
It was sooooooo long his girlfreind of the day in 1970 (before me!) who was only 5ft tall wore it as a a dress!

:8855::8855:

Mi tambien!
All work went out of the window and I watched both semi's.
Thoroughly enjoyed Djokovic/Dimitrov but found Federer/Raonic a bit boring.

At least it's not just me Bev! .. on the other hand Mr Pom's jumper did get to be useful.
I'm beginning to remember to use tape measures... does help somewhat.. in fact I've even measured my trousers inside leg - outside leg ..etc. etc... better than guess work and a lot less work in the end!
Agree with the tennis review.. I did switch over on the F/R match.. 'twas indeed rather boring.

Last edited:
That's a pretty impressive hoard there Emm.
My mum was just the same - her smallest bedroom was literally FULL. It was only 8x6 ft plus built in wardrobe - there was just enough space to just open the door and then everything was stacked 6 ft high. You couldn't even see the window! And no bed!

Love the baby jacket.

Just watched the ladies singles final - Petra Kvitova was just too good for Genie Bouchard!

Back