2015 and It's Now or Never!

As you say Bev .. def out classed but never-the-less a great promising future.

Two of my trousers done after much to-do.. sewing machine wouldn't work properly even after I put the bobbin in the right way... plus I kept getting too hot... awful muggy day today.
Breakfast - Alpro Choc Dessert 125g + Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Multigrain Crackers 6 + L.C.Cheese 1
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Cauliflower Cheese + Peas Garden canned 100g
Supper - Liberte Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1342 Carbs 124 Fat 57 Protein 57 Sugars 62 Fibre 11

. . . Two of my trousers done after much to-do.. sewing machine wouldn't work properly even after I put the bobbin in the right way... plus I kept getting too hot... awful muggy day today.
It's been muggy here too. After the ladies final I did some sewing as well.
I'd had the aircon on in the lounge - but not in the dining room where my machine is. Boy did I sweat!

Sunday 6th July 2014

Thank goodness a much better today :clap::clap: .. no more mugginess, in fact just enough sun to keep it nice and bright without having to shut my venetian blinds... Pity my back is not doing as well.. very aching and to make matters worse I took an amitriptyline tab for the burning sensation in my hand and I now have "restless legs syndrome" . .:sigh:
Half watching the tennis at the mo' but in between laying on my bed. I do have one of the old type of TV sets in my bedroom but I have to watch it sideways on. :rolleyes:
Not a good day for the diet as my mood is to pick in order to take my mind off the aches and pains!

Monday 7th July 2014

Not happy with my WI as am now back to 190lbs!

Rather bad first thing but soon got moving after taking my usual tabs.
Went to Tesco for a couple of things but also wanted to take some items from my cupboard that I'm not likely to use to hand in to the Food Bank people.. have some white sugar that is over and above what I need plus a couple of tins of soup that were originally bought for a recipe but never used.... may as well come in useful to someone... only found that I had the wrong day.

Confused with the time today.. only just had my evening meal and then noticed it was 8.45pm! Don't like eating that late as a rule.
Altogether it makes for a rather grumpy me... say no more!!

Last edited:
Pah to the sales rising. Mus be something in the air. Mine have too :cry:

Morning Emm - I've also got a set of those dodgy scales - keep showing more than they should

Hope you are feeling OK just now

Tuesday 8th July 2014

Would you believe weight today is now 187.2! I am seriously considering changing my WI day to a Tuesday!

Today was quite a good day with my back so went to the hospital to have the blood test my doc wanted me to have only I forgot it was supposed to have been a fasting one..

Then took another trip to Tesco as I forgot to get some more yogurts yesterday and I wanted to hand in the items to the food bank but again they were not there! Got absolutely drenched as it poured with rain.
Had a nice hot shower when I got home so hopefully I won't get any adverse affects from it.

Not a good diet day and not pleased with myself for it. :mad:

Evening chica - hope you're ok.
Sorry I haven't been around - I've been at the apartment with no wi-fi and then last night I just crashed out pretty early as I was so whacked.
How's your back been for the last few days? Hope that's not the reason yu haven't been on since Tuesday.

And tell me about WI day. I did exactly the same as you - big gain at WI on monday, and whoosh it was gone again on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Not good at all this last week and spend my time either just struggling to do the basics or sleeping because of all the meds... Now at that point where I'm really down in the dumps and life's not worth living type of thing...I'm sure I'll be getting back to things sooner or later.. just have to grin and bare it at the mo'! :sigh:

((( Hugs ))) Emm - you can get through this.
Try looking for positives in everything that happens - even teensy weeny little ones - it's a great motivator and a way of warding off the blues.

Last edited:
Thanks Bev.. and today is much better... pains not quite as bad and can at least leave off some of the meds so I can focus on doing something..i.e. finishing this pile of sewing..and nothing strenuous.. and a bonus that I could listen to the last hour of C&W music without falling asleep.
Weight now down to 187lbs!

Glad things are a bit better - and that looks like a good loss for this week!

Sunday 13th July 2014

Today I'm feeling so much better and it's such a relief that I am not remaining in that state of agony which is always the fear of these flare ups! Haven't done anything much but going to continue to take it easy for another couple of days altho' I did do a fair bit of tidying up and I managed to do a couple of the trousers that need altering... yay!

Food-wise all good.. and kept to a much lower carb count as well.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 33g + Butter 6g + Eggs poached 2 & Coffee 3g + Milk 160ml
Snack - Actimel Yogurt Drink 100ml
Dinner - Bacon (baked) 65g + Carrots 84g + Runner Beans 85g + Fruit Sauce 10g
Supper - Liberte Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1177 Carbs 105 Fat 53 Protein 68 Sugars 69 Fibre 11

Monday 14th July 2014

Weight down 1.6lbs.. very happy about that!
Did intend to go out today but my legs are feeling quite peculiar again .. seems as if they are full of fluid but there's very little puffiness in them. Doc should be phoning me tomorrow about the results of the blood test I had done last week so I will have a word with him about it.

Lots of odd jobs done and every time I think about doing some more sewing I remember something else I need to do.. just can't get into it at all and especially as up to now the trousers I have done have not been very successful... will do them tomorrow deffo so I can put the machine away and the table as well because I am having to squeeze around things to get to the window or to my pc.

Got some lambs liver out of the freezer to do for tonight but it smelled awful.. .. don't know why I didn't throw it away straight off but put it in some water and vinegar to no avail.. still have that awful smell in my throat... got out some meatballs instead but as they haven't defrosted quickly enough and my microwave is gone kaput.. had to substitute a salad instead.
New microwave being delivered tomorrow.

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Bread 35g + Cheese 21g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Milk 140ml + Nescafe Coffee 2g + Actimel Yogurt 100g
Dinner - Ham 75g + Salad + S.Cream 25g
Supper -[STRIKE] Eggs hard boiled 2[/STRIKE] + Multigrain Crackers 2+4 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals[STRIKE] 1101 [/STRIKE]1086 Carbs [STRIKE]101[/STRIKE]113 Fat [STRIKE]41[/STRIKE]38 Protein[STRIKE] 65 [/STRIKE]56 Sugars 64 Fibre 5

Last edited:
Tuesday 15th July 2014

Another improvement on my wellbeing today and only too meds doses, first this morning and then another about an hour ago.

New microwave delivered and couldn't do anything with it as it's far too heavy for me to lift. Hoping that my cleaner lady will be able to do it tomorrow for me.
Prescription meds delivered as well and then would have gone out except the doc was supposed to phone which he didn't! ... wasn't too pleased about that.

Food-wise all went well.

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt 100g + Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 35g + Cheese 25g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Actimel Yogurt Drink
Dinner - Meatballs homemade 3 + Carrots 75g + Peas Marrowfat 100g
Supper - NIL (?)
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1236 Carbs 134 Fat 41 Protein 62 Sugars 66 Fibre 14

Wednesday 16th July 2014

Just a bit worse this morning but not long after taking tabs I improved thank goodness!
Home help arrived and not only took loads of stuff down to the bins but also got the new micro out of the box and in place too... and then took the old one down to my car as well... always worry that she will do something that is too heavy for her and end up straining herself... suppose I should really take out some insurance for that.

Weight down to 186.2 today.. I won't be logging it now just in case it alters again before next Monday "official" WI day.

Phoned surgery about doctor not calling me yesterday and after she had checked yesterdays apps and told me there was nothing recorded so I started to sound off about how annoyed I was only to find the app is for next Tuesday! Serves me right for not writing it down straight away.

Food count calories low as I'm really not hungry 'cos it's too blumin' hot!

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt + Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 35g + Cheese 25g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Actimel Yog. Drink 100g
Dinner - Meatballs 0.5serving + Peas 50g + Ba.Beans 80g
Supper - Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1138 Carbs 142 Fat 30 Protein 52 Sugars 76 Fibre 13

Evening chica - scales are obviously being kinder to you than they are to me.
Mind you - I can't cope with your lbs number - I have to translate it st/lbs.
I can "think" in st/lbs or kilos - not straight lbs though.

Glad that aches & pains are sort of in control - but :DOH: to getting the appointment wrong.

Morning Emm - just dropped in to say hello and check how you are doing.

I am still busy busy at work and we are also trying to get the last bits of the house finally finished as it would be so nice if just for once it would ALL be done at the same time. Have to admit that I am also spending more time sitting in the garden than I really have time for, but we don't often get much of a chance so what the heck.

Hope all is well.

Back