2015 and It's Now or Never!

Thursday contd:

Posted ads on Streetlife for kitchen trolley, breadmaker, carpet runners and suede handbag. That's quite a few things in one day..plus sorted some more drawers and turfed out some lovely cotton dresses that are far too young looking for me now so they are ready for the charity shop.

Food has been very good.
Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Lunch - WW bread 19g + Butter 4g + Cheese 24g
Snack - Tesco Cholesterol reducing drink 100g + Blueberries 50g
Dinner - C.Beef Hash + Cabbage 80g + Carrot 85g + Eggs poached 2 + Daddies Sauce 15g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1066 Carbs 91 SatFat 23 Protein 65 Sugars 63 Fibre 9

Morning Emm - hope you are well - how are your sale items getting on? I am again considering a clear out - though this time I WILL do it and was thinking Gumtree

Friday 1st August 2014

Much better night and feeling much better today too.
Home help came today instead of last Wed. Always love to see my place lovely and clean.
Man came round for the carpet runners I had advertised on Streetlife which I had posted as free but when he arrived I decided to see if he would be willing to just give me a fiver for them stating that as Streetlife only allows items at £20 or more I couldn't put anything as low as that. He really took offense and walked off shouting at me that free should be free! I was quite taken aback especially as he had a beautiful posh car and looked like he had a few bob as well.
Then another man came round with his little son who he had no control over what so ever and proceeded to walk into my flat as if it was his home. He then looked at the folding chair that I had put on Gumtree with a picture which plainly stated it was a metal frame and he said he thought it was a wooden frame!! Honestly, some people!
Then... another man phoned about the black suede handbag and after much discussion decided he was sending his D round for it but in actual fact his son came and then phoned me to say he was waiting outside... :confused:

On a brighter note.. had a great chat and laugh with my lady Hhelp so that brightened up my day.

Can't be bothered to list my food.. Total Cals 1074 Carbs 99 SatFat 12

Sunday 3rd August 2014

Very warm day again and went out for lunch. Realised when I got driving that I was rather tired having not had much sleep last night and had to make a very conscientious effort to keep my mind on the road.
Lunch was my fav roast chicken and I enjoyed it too without the need to bring half of it home. Then obtained one of their mobility scooters instead of going to Tesco as I'm so fed up with them not having any available. Did a nice trawl around and bought a pack of icecreams and ate one in the car then sat back and had a bit of a doze.
Home again and after doing a little bit of tidying I went to bed for a nap.
Not a bad day at all and despite then having another one of the icecreams I've not gone too badly over my daily allowances.

Totals: Cals 1261 Carbs 125 SatFat 27 Protein 72 Sugars 94 Fibre 7

Last edited:
Monday 4th August 2014

Weight today 186.6 (13st6.6lbs).. a slight gain.. and I kept thinking I had put on 2lbs.. (maths going down the drain these days!).. so delighted with that! :clap::clap::clap:

That might be to do with the fact that 186.6 = 13 st 4.6 lbs not 13 st 6.6 lbs!!!

Well done you though for such for a titchy gain.

Last edited:
Monday contd:

My erratic sleep pattern came to a head today and whilst I didn't go to bed until about 3am once in bed I slept and slept and woke up at 1.30pm... and very refreshed I felt for a change.
Did allsorts of jobs including opening a parcel which I received about 4 days ago. I knew what it was.. some curtains, duvet cover and pillow sham which turned out to be rather cheap looking. So all wrapped up again and on their way back pronto.
Took me ages to look for them and was so sure they were just the thing!..Grrrr!!

Had to phone up the N&N to make another appointment for eye screening test. Completely forgot the last one..I think it was most probably when my back was really bad. They were very good and app made for September 2nd. Hate going for them at the best of times.

Had a really delicious dinner this evening.. went for the full monty. Made some chips from a potato I had, plus 2 fried eggs, bacon and baked beans. Cals rather OTT altho' "exercise" such as making the bed, washing dishes etc amounted to a couple of hundred extra so all good. :D

Extra 252
Cals 1591 Carbs 154 SatFat 24 Protein 74 Sugars 74 Fibre 15

. . . My erratic sleep pattern came to a head today and whilst I didn't go to bed until about 3am once in bed I slept and slept and woke up at 1.30pm... and very refreshed I felt for a change.

As you know my sleep patterns are a law unto themselves.
I've just stopped fighting them and go to bed and get up when my body wants to.
Friday night I crashed at about 23:30 and slept for almost 13 hours with just a single solitary wee break.
Saturday I crashed just after midnight and only managed 10 hours sleep. :)
Last night I was still wide awake at 04:00 but finally dozed off then but was awake by 10:00 today.
Wide awake now and it's almost 00:30.

As you know my sleep patterns are a law unto themselves.
I've just stopped fighting them and go to bed and get up when my body wants to.
Friday night I crashed at about 23:30 and slept for almost 13 hours with just a single solitary wee break.
Saturday I crashed just after midnight and only managed 10 hours sleep. :)
Last night I was still wide awake at 04:00 but finally dozed off then but was awake by 10:00 today.
Wide awake now and it's almost 00:30.

Totally agree with you on that score.. no use fighting these things much better to go with the flow! 23.40 at this end.. and still keeping awake..altho' that's not surprising after getting up at 1.30.. :D

Tuesday 5th August 2014

More repercussions of my late sleep yesterday as last night was really awful.
I had hoped to go swimming today but that episode put me in a bad place with me walking around half asleep and then dozing off for an hour and waking with my back very painful. Hopefully I can get to have a swim on Friday.

Seems to be quite a lot on TV about loneliness just lately.. makes me start to feel a bit sorry for myself but all being well I will be able to make some steps toward going into sheltered housing... altho' I do seem to "forget" and start buying things like more curtains. Rather mixed feeling about that as I could end up being here for another couple of years yet.

Food intake quite good today and I did have one of the pastries that I bought on Sunday and I had forgotten.

Totals: Cals 1194 Carbs 100 SatFat 21 Protein 45 Sugars 50 Fibre 8

Wednesday 6th August 2014

Started off very overcast and quite a lot of rain but got out sunny and very warm this afternoon... much like myself.

Apart from doing the usual tidying I spent some time trying to get into the pattern of the cable vest that I started some time ago..Ladies cabled vest.pngI keep thinking I've got it only to find not and it's getting a bit tiring to keep pulling rows out. One things for sure I'm going to finish it whatever.

Food been a bit OTT today especially the carbs again.. being a bit bored is to blame.

Totals: Cals 1296 Carbs 165 Satfat 15 Protein 57 Sugars 71 Fibre 22

Friday 8th August 2014

Very cool but nice day so went out for lunch and drove to Tesco Blue Boar where they still only had one scooter in service. Had a chat with the assistant on the service desk about it and she confirmed that having been on maternity leave she came back to work in February when the 2 scooters were already out of service .. another report to HO on it's way!
As it happened just as I was about to go and have a cuppa the last person came back so I was able to use it after all which was great. Then went and had a toastie and latte in Costa Café which was very tasty'

Dropped off some more items to a charity shop on the way to Tesco who are always very polite and appreciate anything taken in. I had some very interesting info on another site where I was told that the British Heart Foundation will not only take electrical items but will also come and collect as well which will save me having to struggle downstairs with bags... delighted about that.

Food gone a bit haywire as I became very unwell on getting home and once more spent some time just laying down.
Pleased however that my weight this morning was just about the same.

Evening chica - hope you're okay and not "sickening" for something - feeling so unwell and all that.

Saturday 9th August 2014

Not a bad day all told.. haven't done anything much but enjoyed watching a film on TV this afternoon.

Phone call from someone who is going to collect the kitchen trolley next Wed.. hopefully!

Totals for today: Cals 1135 Carbs 153 SatFat 15 Protein 55 Sugars 57 Fibre 17

Last edited:
I guess that my episode with my D has made me seem like an out and out liar and dramatist and I'm not worth bothering with. I chose to leave things as they were rather than debate any points.. but that's what most mothers do I would have thought... not that anyone is likely to read this but just getting it off my chest anyway.

Emm - I'm here reading your diary, and have done for a long time but . . .
Once again I'm going to speak my mind - which has got me into trouble on a few occasions, but what the hell.

What's sparked this off again?
Your spat with your daughter all happened almost 3 months ago and bringing it up again is not going to help you or your D.
I said it then and I'll say it again, sort this out in private - not on here.
This is a public diet forum and your diary isn't in any of the more secure parts of it.

I don't think anyone thinks you're a liar - and the reason you probably have very few visitors now is that lots of people have abandoned Minis (including some who used to post here) because there has been too much nastiness and too many "rows" on Minis recently.
My diary is quiet too - and yes I too have a rant on there occasionally - but not usually about anyone on here.
So I will NOT take sides.

I'm off to the apartment in 2 hours and away until Wednesday with no internet access so you won't hear from me for the next 3 days.
Hope you are feeling better by then.

Emm - I'm here reading your diary, and have done for a long time but . . .
Once again I'm going to speak my mind - which has got me into trouble on a few occasions, but what the hell.

What's sparked this off again?
Your spat with your daughter all happened almost 3 months ago and bringing it up again is not going to help you or your D.
I said it then and I'll say it again, sort this out in private - not on here.
This is a public diet forum and your diary isn't in any of the more secure parts of it.

I don't think anyone thinks you're a liar - and the reason you probably have very few visitors now is that lots of people have abandoned Minis (including some who used to post here) because there has been too much nastiness and too many "rows" on Minis recently.
My diary is quiet too - and yes I too have a rant on there occasionally - but not usually about anyone on here.
So I will NOT take sides.

I'm off to the apartment in 2 hours and away until Wednesday with no internet access so you won't hear from me for the next 3 days.
Hope you are feeling better by then.

You're right in saying that it was just a rant Bev.. and the fact is that it started several years ago and I do so miss not being able to communicate with her as much as I used to be back then as she used to ring me without fail at least every week. I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to take sides just as I don't if I am replying to someone with similar experiences.
As I've said before I suffer from depression which doesn't take much to trigger off and not having anyone I can talk to in person the only other place is on here.
What often makes for a spate of depression is my own guilt from having been such an unkind mum when mine were little and I used to spank them mercilessly with a stick thinking that I was doing the right thing! Now I weep when I think about it and I feel I don't deserve to have any proper closeness to them even tho' I have apologised to each one about my actions... so that does come into play very much all the time.
I wasn't aware that there had/has been a lot of nastiness on here. On the occasions I have read some other diaries I found that so many do talk such a lot of rubbish or there is a conversation going on that is difficult to get the gist of and join in.

Thanks for keeping on visiting my diary and I do hope your apartment has survived the family visit.

Back