2015 and It's Now or Never!

Emm I've been reading but as you know(if you got my message on fb) I have had some issues with family.And I just wanted to 'hide' for a while to get it all sorted.
I have also ditched some people who I don't really have any real life connection with but kept the ones I do connect with online.Also with having summer holidays off I've been busy trying to get this house finished.Just got the gloss left to do on doors and skirting boards then that is it.Need to get carpet sorted for stairs and landing.I have the spare room to do but that isn't urgent like the rest was.
Having a week away with family before I go back to work then I can get back into Knitting and learning to crochet.

I agree with what Pom says.:)

The forum has lost some interesting, helpful diet members.
I joined for others to spur me on to loss the weight and they did.But you don't get that on here any more.Too many lines are drawn every day and it's like a joke to some to see who can draw the most and who wants to know how many times a poo fairy turned up.It gets boring to read day in day out.Thats why I don't come on as often as I use to.

You know where to find me if ever you want a chat.My fb is always open if you want to message me.:)

Thanks very much for your comments Mary.
I'll be visiting you on Fb and love to read all your info.
Hope the rest of the decorating goes well.

Sunday 10th August 2014

Perked up a bit more today.
I had planned to go out for lunch but it bucketed down with rain for quite some time. Looks like a lot more homes have been flooded again, that must be so disheartening.

Did a lot of odd jobs plus have finally got the knitting pattern sorted but only after pulling out at least another 5inches to where I could easily recognise the cable pattern repeat. So now after about 3 days and numerous rows being redone again and again I'm finally on the right track.

Food has been very good.. well apart from the carbs as I had another one of my stews from the freezer plus the dumplings of course!

Cals 1160 Carbs 167 :eek: SatFat 15 Protein 60 Sugars 75 Fibre 16

Monday 11th August 2014

Back very painful today but managed to get myself moving and went out to lunch. Usual Morrisons roast chicken which was delish as always. Did have a bit of a worrying time when my leg started to go really numb.. and I mean REALLY numb! When I got to the traffic lights and had to stop for a minute or so I adjusted my position and worked my leg up and down and thankfully it did get a bit better.

I was going to use their mobility scooter but they have a ridiculous system where you walk up to the service desk and ask and then walk back again and have to wait until an assistant arrives to give you the key.. sounds okay but when walking is very difficult and painful it's a right no-no!
So went off to Tesco and lo and behold 1 scooter available and a nice little ride around and shop... plus a rather large bar of nutty choc seemed to appear which was totally delish.. just a nice finish to the day.

Oh... and I haven't lost anything this week either! .. plus cals etc OTT!!!

Tuesday 12th August 2014

Not too bad regarding the old aching bones today.. but was just a wee bit annoyed when somebody phoned me at 8.30 to ask about a floor steamer that I had advertised but stated in no uncertain terms.. AFTERNOONS ONLY PLEASE! Good job I was already awake otherwise she would most likely have got a bit of my mind.
However, she arrived and looked at machine which had cost me about £120 a year or so ago and asked me lots of questions at which I really felt like saying "get lost!" and finally very grudgingly gave me the £30 I had asked for after asking if I would take less..
Then she noticed the breadmaker which I had originally advertised as free but no takers and she decided to take that as well... so well glad to get rid of that.

Did get rather a bad headache this afternoon.. must be this rather stormy weather. 2 Annadin X soon put that right and it's the only thing that will I've found.

Put a bid in for a nice ground floor flat which is in a quiet area, has a security door and a car parking space and is connected to a social hall. It's also just around the corner from my doctors so all good so far and apparently I was the first to place my bid. I shall know on Thursday morning if I was successful. Now feeling just a tad nervous about the time allowed for moving as I still have such a lot of stuff to shift plus I shall be away for a couple of days this week as I'm off to Edinburgh! Yay!!

Food going okay as well altho' tbh I'm not bothering too much about weight loss as there's too much on my agenda to keep focused on that.

Managed to contact one of my grand daughters on Fb .. new for me..get a bit bewildered with these new fangled things. Want to send her little girl the same sort of doll that I bought for my other grtgrand D who absolutely adores it.. all's well and a Baby Born is off to wee Harley a.s.a.p. It burps, wees, cries, laughs and gurgles!

Baby Born.jpg

Morning chica - I take it you are going up to Edinburgh for the festival/tattoo?

Daft question. What do you mean when you say "you put a bid in for a flat"?

Morning chica - I take it you are going up to Edinburgh for the festival/tattoo?

Daft question. What do you mean when you say "you put a bid in for a flat"?

Yes it is for the Tattoo.

I decided to put in for sheltered housing and it's all done on a bidding bases these days where the properties available for sheltered housing scheme are displayed online and the first to bid plus what "range" they are in counts towards their opportunity for getting it. As I was the first to bid and I am classed as gold it is quite possible that I may get it... :D

Yes it is for the Tattoo.

I decided to put in for sheltered housing and it's all done on a bidding bases these days where the properties available for sheltered housing scheme are displayed online and the first to bid plus what "range" they are in counts towards their opportunity for getting it. As I was the first to bid and I am classed as gold it is quite possible that I may get it... :D

Blumin' 'eck. All sounds a bit complicated to me. What happens if, unlike you, you don't have a computer?

Blumin' 'eck. All sounds a bit complicated to me. What happens if, unlike you, you don't have a computer?

They do check whether you have a computer and if not there is either going into a library or council office and using theirs, plus they are quite happy to talk thro' the procedure if anyone has difficulties with that.

Wednesday 13th August 2014

Not much sleep last night but it didn't have any desperate affects on me today but I have had a lot of pain in my back and despite taking my various tabs they had hardly reduce it at all... most probably due to the apprehension of my journey over the w/e and of course the possible move. My home help said she will come in extra time to help me altho' she's on holiday next week so that will mean not for very long. I shall hire a firm that does most of the packing as well as the move.. may as well take as much stress out of it as possible.
So tomorrow morning is when I may have the phone call to say yay or nay!

Sorted another couple of draws and was amazed at how many old bras of varying sizes there were plus a mound of elasticated panty girdles, a dozen briefs that were far too small and brand new set of 12 too.

Woman and her husband called to collect the kitchen trolley trolley 2.jpg
It was really funny as SHE carried it down the stairs and loaded it into the car.
My HH then said that she couldn't do what I did and give it away but as I had already advertised it on Gumtree for £10 and no takers it just had to go. I must admit it does make me a bit "angry" .. perhaps that's not quite the word... but it's just that people DO want something for nothing these days and I have to keep reminding myself that I must down size anyway.

I've put my calories for the day back to 1300 as I'm not looking to lose weight just at the mo'. If I can keep it steady that will be great.

Total today: Cals 1394 Carbs 176

. . . Not much sleep last night but it didn't have any desperate affects on me today
So tomorrow morning is when I may have the phone call to say yay or nay!
Snap - I managed about 4 hours . . . but unlike you I've felt like dooze all day.

My HH then said that she couldn't do what I did and give it away but as I had already advertised it on Gumtree for £10 and no takers it just had to go. I must admit it does make me a bit "angry" .. perhaps that's not quite the word... but it's just that people DO want something for nothing these days and I have to keep reminding myself that I must down size anyway.
Tell me about it.
I've sold the apartemnt in the UK (the one I bought for mum) and I have loads of stuff that I'm trying to get rid of - some for free - and I haven't had a single solitary sniff. Including a beautiful glass dining table & 2 matching chairs that cost over £350 in the sale that I have advertised at £125 - no one has even contacted me.

Tell me about it.
I've sold the apartemnt in the UK (the one I bought for mum) and I have loads of stuff that I'm trying to get rid of - some for free - and I haven't had a single solitary sniff. Including a beautiful glass dining table & 2 matching chairs that cost over £350 in the sale that I have advertised at £125 - no one has even contacted me.

Now that is a hard one.. at least if it's given to a charity it will make some benefit in the end... mind you..having said that I'm not so sure about these charities either come to that! One just has to hope!

Safe flight tomorrow Emm.:)

Hope the weather is good.:)

Thanks Mary.. forecast seems okay and much better than when I visited the last time.. so here's hoping! :fingerscrossed:

Thursday 14th August 2014

Up fairly early awaiting the phone call..I was second amongst the three that were picked and viewing is tomorrow at 2pm. I asked if I could see it next week but it is only done on the Friday. After considering it I decided that it was too near to my flight time and I would only be worrying about not getting to the airport in time plus the fact that I really need more time to get things sorted. At least I know how the system works now and having looked thro' the next available there is one that is more in the area where I would like to be and it has the most lovely communal gardens as well.
We shall see..

Had my hair done this afternoon and went to Tesco for a few things.. paracetamol in particular which I forgot.
Kept to around 1300 cals so not too bad altho' I confess not all healthy food.

Evening Emm
Enjoy the Tattoo.

I'm busy tomorrow and off back to UK on Saturday with limited internet access so don't expect to hear from me much until next Friday
Have a good week.

Pity you couldn't just go and see it.:)

Everything would be too much of a rush and I can't do that these days.
Always another time.

Evening Emm
Enjoy the Tattoo.

I'm busy tomorrow and off back to UK on Saturday with limited internet access so don't expect to hear from me much until next Friday
Have a good week.

Thanks Bev.. I did think about taking my Tablet but knowing me I wont be able to manage getting it working!

Friday 15th August 2014

All ready for the off... just taking hand luggage of course.
Lovely day for the journey altho' apparently it's a tad under our temp in Scotland.. but who cares!?!
See you later.

Monday 18th August 2014

Weight gone up just a bit.. now 188.8lbs. Not too bad at all.

My visit to Edinburgh was somewhat dire! Hotel was less than luxurious and service deplorable! The Missoni is now G&V.. and in my interpretation.. Ghastly & Vile!
The only carpet is that in the hallway which looked and felt more like a pile of striped beach towels. The room was bare boards (Yuk!) and the "luggage rack" was so small that it barely took my hand luggage bag. There was an iron safe just above it which meant that every time I got something from my bag I hit my head on this safe. The desk shelf was very narrow and had a coffee percolator and fancy cups one side and the TV the other so there was no room for spreading out the odds and ends that are usual for such visits. The two chairs provided were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on and being that I wanted to spend a short time having a doze it was impossible to get comfortable. The bedside "tables" if you could call them that.. more like an extension of the bed support which was in painted metal... they were so low that I nearly fell out of bed trying to reach my tablets and turning the lamp on was impossible as the switch was nearly a metre away on the end of the cord next to the wall.
The décor was of a dark yellow, blue and purple all mixed up on one wall and the bathroom all black.. I will upload pictures later.
As for the service... I ordered some food at 8pm room service which did not appear so at 9pm I rang again and 30mins later it arrived less cutlery! That having been duly delivered I then reported to "George" (their name for service team!) that the food was dry and almost cold as was the pot of tea.
On the Saturday morning after a brief stroll out I decided to stop for a pot of tea in the reception area bar which was brought without any sugar. I had to finally YOOHOO! very loudly to attract attention as the couple of guys were too busy chatting over the other side of the counter. After 15mins when I got up to leave having not had my name, room number or anything else checked I found there was absolutely nobody about.. a completely deserted bar. I mentioned to one of the reception desks that I had just had a pot of tea and told her my room number before leaving.
Later on I asked the manager to come to my room where I reeled off all my misgivings about the place. I was treated to a meal that evening before the Tattoo event but as they took so long to bring it I had only time for just two mouthfuls and had to leave.

Unfortunately, the Tattoo was a rather bitter disappointment too..My main interest being that I just love the pipes and marching bands of which there was very little. Lots and lots of dancing of quite a wide variety.. all very nice but not what I went to see! The Highland bands introduced the event, appeared again for about 2mins halfway thro' and then the finale. There were about two other small foreign bands which were very good but that was it. I have recordings of the Tattoo in years back when it was one band after another from all over the world.. astonishing, amusing, fantastic performances... but gradually dwindling down to this. Not that I wish to denigrate the dancers.. they were all very good but that's not what the Tattoo is really all about.

Etymology[edit]

The term dates from around 1600 during the Thirty Years' War in the Low Countries (Belgium and the Netherlands). The Dutch fortresses were garrisoned with mercenary troops that were under federal command since 1594. The Dutch States Army had become a federal army, consisting mostly of Scottish, English, German and Swiss mercenaries, but commanded by a Dutch officer corps. Drummers from the garrison were sent out into the towns at 21:30 hrs (9:30PM) each evening to inform the soldiers that it was time to return to barracks. The process was known as doe den tap toe (Dutch for "turn off the tap"), an instruction to innkeepers to stop serving beer and send the soldiers home for the night. The drummers continued to play until the curfew at 22:00 hrs (10:00PM). Tattoo, earlier tap-too and taptoo, are alterations of the Dutch words tap toe which have the same meaning.
...........................................................................................

Tuesday 19th August 2014

Back pain quite bad today. Put in another prescription request for my tablets and decided to ask for some liquid morphine as it's so difficult getting even sat up in bed to take tabs in the morning.

Put my view of the Missoni on Trip Advisor with all my complaints and it seems that there are several who have very similar comments to myself.
007.jpgThe hallway with it's stripey carpet.
010.jpgShows the wood flooring and colour décor.
012.jpgThe small luggage rack with the overhead safe.
015.jpgBedside "table" and the lamp switch is on the very far left of the picture. Room light switches are behind the lamp but so far back it's practically impossible to get to them as well.
008.jpgThe lovely cheap chair that is really uncomfortable..plus the tacky looking coffee table and the TV on the side table.
013.jpgThe wet room and toilet room which wasn't too bad at all apart from being all black.

Back