2015 and It's Now or Never!

Evening Emm - hope you're ok.
Just back from the apartment after some body magic again

Glad to see you got back safe and sound.

Thursday 21st August 2014

Lovely day.. warm and sunny and had intended to go out but having submitted a prescription for my meds I needed to be here for the delivery which didn't arrive until 4.30pm so I could have gone after all..
rolleyes.gif

Did manage just a wee bit of sorting in my bedroom but (there's that word again!) as my back has been quite painful since coming back from my trip to Edinburgh I didn't want to overdo things.

Received a really lovely Flower Card from my friends J & J.. so beautiful .. never seen anything like it before. So far I have a card from them and another couple of friends as well... and not to forget one from Argos..
biggrin.gif

I've now calmed down from the initial excitement of moving into another place as I am thinking I may well have to bid for several sheltered housing dwellings before getting something I really like. I'm determined not to be swayed into taking the first thing out of desperation.

My next jaunt may well be another visit to Sheffield to see the family and take my little GrtGrandD a Baby Born dolly plus money for the others which has been agreed on.
I will also make a trip into the city to Debenhams where Virgin Holidays have a desk in order to look into booking a cruise to the Caribbean in December.

In the meantime a lot more sorting of my hoards need to be done a.s.a.p.
snoopyhouse.gif

Food a bit spasmodic today.. just don't seem to have much of an appetite.
Must try to get the carbs down.

Breakfast - Berries & Cherries Muesli 85g + Milk SS 90ml
Lunch - Wholemeal Bread 2slices + Cheese 35g
Snack - Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g + Actimel Yog. 100g
Dinner - Pork Loin slice 100g + Carrot 50g + Cabbage 50g + Gravy 25ml
Supper - Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1333 Carbs 153 SatFat 22 Protein 81 Sugars 83 Fibre 16

Last edited:
Friday 22nd August 2014

Out to lunch .. Morrisons roast chicken dinner and then a bag of maltesers..It's my birthday treat.

Plus 2 cream scones and a pack of Magnum white icecreams. Ate one of the icecreams sitting in the car about half of the maltesers when I got home.
Went to bed in the afternoon as my back was so bad and got up again about 6pm.
Not exactly what one would plan for a happy birthday but that's the way things are now.

cavegirl13
likes this.

Last edited:
Saturday 23rd August 2014

Back pain not too bad today and got up in good time to hear the C&W music on the radio which was great but ended early because of the football coverage. ......... .......:censored:

Went to Tesco for a few things and didn't deter from getting only the necessary items. Bought a pack of Birds Eye battered fish fillets and was rather amazed at the tiny portions especially as they were in such a huge box... very deceiving! At least they tasted okay as the connotation of labelling saying fish fillets is often a conglomeration of all sorts of fish types mixed together. Lovely warm day again which turned into quite heavy showers and got home just in time to miss the first one.

Bought some cream from Boots to treat my very itchy arms... every time the spots caused by scratching seem to be healing up nicely the itching starts again and it's back to square one. Hope this cream will help to alleviate it as my arms look really awful. I had presumed that it was perhaps the meds I take but as they are a daily dosage it doesn't seem likely.

All things otherwise plodding along as per usual and I do so hope that my weight will eventually go down a bit more sometime... I'm now the same weight that I was at the beginning of the year!
sigh.gif

Food was very good today..Slightly surprised at the size of the fish portions so being rather hungry I had 1&1/2 fillets.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Wheat Bran 10g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Butter 8g + Cheese 34g
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1 + Actimel 100g
Dinner - B.E. Fish Fillet 1.5 + Peas Marrowfat 100g + Ketchup 1 Tblspn
Supper - Liberte Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1389 Carbs 163 SatFat 19 Protein 62 Sugars 55 Fibre 17
Estimated weight loss is just around 2lb in 5 weeks.. :sigh:
Must look to lowering the carbs! I find that soo difficult.

cavegirl13
likes this.

Last edited:
Sunday 24th August 2014

Not a good night, very restless and eventually had about 2hrs from 8am. Very surprised to find that the old aches were not too bad when I did get up.
Weighed myself and am back up to 190lbs which is not unusual after a night like that... just hoping it will be much better tomorrow morning..
rolleyes.gif

Tried to get into doing some more of this cable vest that I'm knitting but as the pattern is not very clear and I'm having to count the rows in order to get the sleeve and front shaping correct I'm not feeling very positive about the finished result.

Forgot to return the phone message re the housing bid. I didn't get any phone call from the council dept on Thursday morning so had concluded that I wasn't in the running for the last one but on returning home on Friday I had a phone message to say that I had been 3rd on the list and to ring to make an appointment to view. Tbh.. I just can't get myself into gear with the idea of moving in the near future.. it's got to be in about six months time or the like! I just have too much to do.. one of which is to sort out what to do about moving my split level hob and oven as the council workmen did away with my oven housing when they refurbished the kitchen a few years ago.
sigh.gif

Had another episode of depression and all to do with my birthday just gone.. It made me feel very alone and just a useless old biddy.. perhaps that's just the realisation of entering another decade of my life.
beam.gif

I managed a very good day.. sorted my food plan early this morning and all's gone very well and carbs a lot lower which I'm so pleased about.

Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Lunch - Bacon baked 50g + Egg poached 1
Snack - Raspberries 150g + Greek Yogurt 50ml
Dinner - Cheese 60g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Actimel 100g + Digestive Biscuit 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1187 Carbs 82 SatFat 29 Protein 60 Sugars 59 Fibre 12

Last edited:
Monday 25th August 2014

Very wet drizzly day altho' for the morning at least it was bright.
Didn't stop me from feeling really annoyed with myself for having put on 2.2lbs! .. Now 190.2lbs :sigh:
Time to stop the treating myself syndrome.

Not good but I'm now determined to keep to the straight and somewhat narrow in an attempt to at least be a bit lighter than I was at the beginning of the year.. or should that be..am now!

Very wet day and it did start off very bright but gradually changed to a very dismal wet day... and my feelings have been very much like that too.
I'm rather apprehensive as to whether I may move into something that will turn out to be more of a nightmare than an advantage.. but that's me. I'm always a rather negative sort of person and find it difficult to keep a happy optimistic outlook. No doubt a lot to do with the results of my life so far to a large degree.

Watched the TV performance of the Military Tattoo and am wondering whether my reported version will be met with derision... I wanted lots of the pipes and bands but the majority was lots of dancers of all different types. Not my ideal expectation for the Tattoo.

Lots of tears again today... just seems I'm in a rather bad depression and nothings worth doing especially not sorting in readiness for moving home. I expect it will last for another few days until I can get my head back into gear again.
sigh.gif

Good food menus... did do 2 poached eggs yesterday but could only eat one plus I had a bit of bacon left over as well so I made a sort of mini sandwich for a snack as I had already had my lunch.. and it was quite tasty too.

Breakfast - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 17g
Snack - Bread 32g + Butter 4g + Bacon 18g + Egg poached 1 + Brown Sauce 5ml & Decaf Coffee 1g + Milk SS 80ml
Dinner - Salmon baked in foil + Peas Marrowfat 80g + Thousand Island Light Dressing 20ml
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1256 Carbs 98 SatFat 20 Protein 78 Sugars 50 Fibre 10

Last edited:

Tuesday 26th August 2014

Lovely and sunny this morning...such a shame after yesterday's horrible weather for all those having some time off working.
Having had a rather restless and somewhat depressing night I realised in the early hours that the whole idea of moving is just too much for me to get my head around at the moment. It had got to the point that I had come to a standstill and I couldn't get myself motivated to sort any more of my hoards. Once my decision to put a halt on it for a while I felt so much better and got stuck into sorting all my paper work folders.

Whilst on that feat I came across the hospital report about my cholesterol and I did some online research and I found that no matter what figures I entered from the report it came up that my levels are moderate.. 4.7 and nowhere did it say that it was at level 7 as my doctor had told me. As for the heart attack it refers to an old myocardial infarction which was way back in 2004 the affects of which leaves scaring on the heart muscles.
So that obviously does mean I had a heart attack but not at this particular time and I still stick to my decision not to take statins anyway.

Had to have more than I really wanted to of the quick start yogs etc., things a bid bad to start off with.

Made a very delicious Toad-in-the-Hole with the other 3 vegetarian sausages. Wrapped them in bacon and they came out great.

Breakfast - Actimel 100g + Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Bread 29g + Cheese 30g
Snack - Raspberries 55g + Greek Yogurt 40g
Dinner - Toad-in-the-Hole + Ba.Beans 60g + Gravy 30ml
Supper - Digestive Biscuit 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1158 Carbs 98 SatFat 24 Protein 78 Sugars 49 Fibre 11

Last edited:
Wednesday 27th August 2014

Another bad night. Woke in the early hours but not with pain instead my arm was itching so much that I had to go and immerse my arm in cold water which did help quite a bit.

Also had several episodes of sleep apnea which I haven't had for a long while since loosing some weight. That plus being awoken by my itching arm!
argh.gif

Managed to get myself going and stripped the bed and put sheets into the wash before my home help arrived. Had lovely chat as usual and related my Tattoo experience.

Had a phone call from the person in charge of the sheltered housing flat I had bid for who said that if I wanted to go and view it I would be able to sign for it straight away... said I hadn't been well..which is near enough to the truth.. and declined the offer.

Made some more batter to go with the rest of the Toad-in-the-hole and put it with some cabbage but my appetite diminished for some reason and I only ate about half of it. Wasn't as tasty as when it was freshly made yesterday.

Feel very much better now I have decided to put moving on hold for the time being although it does leave me with the question as to whether to get some curtains for the bedroom now.. may well do that anyway and carry on with the dehoarding.

Home help came and we had a very nice chat. While she was in the middle of ironing my things the iron went kaput so have to buy another one this week.

Food all gone well.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn & Decaf Coffee + Milk SS 80ml
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Bread 20g + Butter 4g
Snack - Raspberries 55g + Greek Yogurt 40g
Dinner - Toad-in-the-Hole + Cabbage 70g + Gravy 30ml
Supper - Actimel 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1231 Carbs 98 SatFat 27 Protein 78 Sugars 47 Fibre 11

Last edited:
Thursday 28th August 2014

Even worse night and now back pain has been really awful all day. Tried not to take a lot of codeine as I didn't want to spend the day dozing off all the time but eventually at about 6.30 I was at the end of my tether and not being able to stand and make a proper dinner I had what I call the patient meal.. a slice of bread cut up into pieces and put into hot milk with some honey.. followed by the dose of codeine which did do the trick and helped me get some relief at last.
Not a good night ... or day come to that! Just couldn't sleep with the pain. Not that it was the striking piercing sort but just a continual dull throbbing ache rather like a bad tooth.. and no matter what I did or how I lay it just would not ease up.

It is rather funny that when I am confronted with the debilitating situation like this I suddenly resort to declaring everything out loud in a sort of broken German accent (rather like " 'Allo 'Allo"with Gorden Kaye)... "Vos ist I am going to do!"..
biggrin.gif

I am so hoping that tonight will be much better and I can get out tomorrow. I want to go and get a new iron and the doll for my grtgrandD too.. and have some lunch as well. Think I may well try somewhere different too. I have £20 in Argos vouchers which I received by doing surveys and if I get the iron from Tesco I have £15 in club card vouchers as well.

Glad to see that despite everything my weight was down a pound this morning which is great.

So no need to say that the diet as was is now somewhat up the creek with the carbs today.

Lunch - Bread 30g + Cheese 23g & Milk SS 80ml + Decaf Coffee 1g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Bread 80g + Milk SS 240ml + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Supper - Cherries 15 + Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1023 Carbs 146 SatFat 13 Protein 54 Sugars 88 Fibre 10

Last edited:
Friday 29th August 2014

Lovely day and had a good sleep even tho' it was just laying back in my recliner chair.
Went out to lunch for my usual Morrisons roast chicken which was exceptionally good today.
Really pleased that it was a nice day and I was able to get out at last.. started to get quite phobic about being indoors.
Morrisons roast chicken was very delicious today and since they have been using shredded carrots instead of the sliced ones it has made the meal really very good.
Then went on to Tesco and as usual only one mobility scooter available. I shall be contacting head office yet again and making my disapproval and disappointment well and truly known. The other two scooters have been out of order since January this year.. ridiculous!
I did think about going to the Harford Bridge store but as I have to go there tomorrow to collect my iron that I have ordered I can get the salad items I want then.

Very pleased with the iron ordered as having ordered it by the "click & collect" I was then able to deduct my £8 of coupons and get the Boost which made them worth double the amount which meant I only had to end up paying £6.50.

Hope I can get some more sorting done tomorrow ... I shall feel more like getting into moving if I can get rid of more things although I continually keep trying to weigh up the pros and cons about the whole thing without ever coming to a satisfactory conclusion!
sigh.gif

Time will tell methinks and I don't want to keep getting my knickers in a twist about it all.

My carbs have been rather high again... not good that at all.

Lunch - Morrisons Chicken roast + Carrots, peas & mash
Snack - Cherries 14 + Magnum Icecream 1
Dinner - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 18g
Supper - Bread 34g + Butter 6g + Ba.Beans 120g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1255 Carbs 134 SatFat 24 Protein 79 Sugars 74 Fibre 12

Last edited:
Saturday 30th August 2014

Another lovely day.

Got up quite early with my back pain.. really getting me down it's so bad just lately!
C&W music today was very good and I stayed awake for 95% of the time too.

Sorted through all the duvets stored under my bed and was very surprised to find that I had not only the double feather and down and one single feather and down but also TWO single 13.5tog polyester ones all of which have never been used. There is also a single 12tog duvet which should be just right for me now so I'll get that changed over when I next have the bed linen done.

Couldn't do anything else as my pains increased so I took some more meds and had a nice sleep in the armchair. Very mixed feelings for the day and can only hope that things will ease up a bit soon.

Menus developed along the way as I went through the day.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 36g + Cheese 25g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Raisins 80g + Banana 1
Dinner - Sausages 2 + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 60g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1198 Carbs 148 SatFat 15 Protein 52 Sugars 68 Fibre 17

Last edited:
Sunday 31st August 2014

Didn't post yesterday as I was in such a lot of pain.
I had gone out to collect a new iron from Tesco and stopped to have a toastie plus a decaf latte coffee which was delicious but on getting home things went from bad to worse and I ended up spending quite a bit of time in bed to get some relief.

Monday 1st September 2014

Delighted to find that I have lost 2.8lbs and I must admit without really trying very much.
I have had a very bad problem with fluid retention since the hot weather but after taking the online advice and eaten bananas and raisins which are supposed to be natural ways to reduce this, plus drinking more water, it seems to have worked well and my feet in particular are now not puffed up as they were before.

cavegirl13
likes this.

Thought you'd abandoned this diary?
Which one are you using now? As I usually only follow one.

Thought you'd abandoned this diary?
Which one are you using now? As I usually only follow one.

Sorry.. I decided to keep this one going.. :D .. I know that's a bit confusing but hey?! I'm confused.com on any day! :crazy:

Today my back pain has subsided considerably ..thank goodness! I was going round the bend with it just lately.
Have phoned and made an app with the massage lady who is going to come round and give me a massage and the Hopi. I've ended up so tense with one thing and another. Looking forward to that altho' it wont be until next Tuesday week.

Sent another email off to Tesco re the mobility scooters at the Blue Boar store and told them that waiting for repairs since last January is ridiculous and methinks he has no intention of bringing them back into service. I think he has invested in these car-trolleys for mums and their little ones... good idea but not at the expense of ignoring the disabled.

I have some sort of insect that is hidden in the rail fixing of the venetian blind in the bedroom and every night it is gnawing away and sounds almost like someone sanding down wood.. amazing how loud these things can be in the middle of the night. Strange thing is that when I get up to investigate as soon as the light goes on it stops. I even tried using a torch but the same thing happened... Grrr!

Very pleased with food today and I keep wondering how it only totals up to the amount it does.

Lunch - Bread 30g & Cheese 20g + Bread 40g + Butter 5g
Snack - Raisins 70g
Dinner - Sausages 2 + Cabbage 90g + Carrot 60g + Mash 30g + Y.Puds (batter mix with egg) 100g + Gravy
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1418 Carbs 156 SatFat 20 Protein 75 Sugars 64 Fibre 20
Incl. extra 192 cals for work done

Tuesday 2nd September 2014

All things quite good this morning for a change.
Had an enormous pile of washing up to do after not being up to doing it for the last day and a half... amazing how many cups etc. one person can get through!

Eye screening test this afternoon and as always a real job trying to find a parking place.
At least we disabled bods do get our parking free which they were going to put a stop to at one time. The drops they use were not as stingy as they have been before which was great. Results will be posted to me in about a months time.
Then went and had a cuppa with a cheese scone and as the tea was really nice I had a second and put a doughnut with it.. :eek: Took my time slurping my teas as I had to wait for my eyes to get back to normality..as much as possible.. before I could drive home.

Very hot today and it's affected my itchy arm.. regular dosing with cold water is on the cards for the evening methinks.
Despite the scone and d.nut cals reasonable but carbs once again gone totally berserk.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 1/2Tblspn + Actimel 100g
Lunch - Bread 30g + Cheese 20g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Scone cheese + Butter 5g & Doughnut
Dinner - Blueberries 100g + Banana 1
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1343 Carbs 195 SatFat 23 Protein 47 Sugars 89 Fibre 18
Extra 281 Cals for "exercise"

Wednesday 3rd September 2014

Not a good night and not a good morning.. Had to take a dose of morphine to get some real sleep as back pain very bad again. Eventually got up at 1pm and after my usual meptazin, paracetamol and codeine dose things were reasonably okay and I was able to move around a bit.
Having labelled all the duvets so I now know which is which I put them back under the bed for now which was quite a feat as it took some pushing and shoving to get them in.
I was quite surprised to have a young council workman knock on the door to come and look at the shower unit in the bathroom. I had only sent an email about it on Monday so I was mighty pleased. Apparently the thermostat is on the way out so I will be getting a new unit fitted tomorrow afternoon.
Also have someone phoning me about the greenhouse as well..apparently!? I will wait and see but the amount of people who answer adds and then never bother to contact anymore is very annoying to say the least.

Fair menus today..
Lunch - Bread 2slices + Butter 10g + Salmon canned 100g + S.Cream 40g
Snack - Cherries 20 + Raisins 30g
Dinner - Ham 70g + Salad + Eggs hardboiled 2 + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Actimel Yogurt Drink 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1266 Carbs 122 SatFat 17 Protein 78 Sugars 77 Fibre 9

. . . Having labelled all the duvets so I now know which is which I put them back under the bed for now which was quite a feat as it took some pushing and shoving to get them in.
So how many are there? And how many do you need?
1 winter (heavy weight) and 1 summer (light weight) is perfectly sufficient.
Get them straight back out whilst you still know waht they are and get rid of the rest, Mrs, and stop prevaricating.
You shouldn't have put them all back in the first place :8855:

My rule at work was only ever handle a piece of work, be it a document to read or and email, once. I still try to stick to that rule.
Anything else is just using and wasting precious time.

So how many are there? And how many do you need?
1 winter (heavy weight) and 1 summer (light weight) is perfectly sufficient.
Get them straight back out whilst you still know waht they are and get rid of the rest, Mrs, and stop prevaricating.
You shouldn't have put them all back in the first place :8855:

My rule at work was only ever handle a piece of work, be it a document to read or and email, once. I still try to stick to that rule.
Anything else is just using and wasting precious time.

I was originally looking for a double feather & down one as I wanted to put it on Gumtree and then saw that I had several there.. on investigating there was also a single feather & down and two poly filled 13.5tog duvets all of which have never been used (well just once and I found them too hot and then forgot I had them!) I had to put them back as there is little enough room to move around as it is and it's only until I can get things organised for a collection from BHF which is very soon... in fact I was laying in bed this morning and looking around at all the things that I shall be putting in bin bags ready to go as well.
I can't tell you how relieved I am feeling at knowing I will be able to breathe when this lot gets cleared out!

Thursday 4th September 2014

Lovely day again... and all things going smoothly.
Council workman called and installed my new shower unit which looks very nice. At least I wont be having to have my shower too hot or too cold now.

Sorted and shredded more papers.. old catalogue accounts some of which go back to 2007 and finished using them in 2010! Didn't do much else as my feet became very swollen and puffed up and quite uncomfortable so sat and watched TV with my feet up.

Breakfast - Oats 30 + Bran 5g + Honey 1/2Tblspn + Banana
Lunch - Bread 30g + Cheese 20g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Cherries 20 + Actimel 100g
Dinner - Corned Beef 3slices + Mash 30g + Ba.Beans 60g + Tomato Ketchup 2 Tblspn
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1279 Carbs 180 SatFat 15 Protein 65 Sugars 100 Fibre 18

Back