2015 and It's Now or Never!

Hi Em, just popping in to say well done on last week's loss! You sound as if you have been very busy!

Friday 5th September 2014

Lovely day again.. sun didn't get out but it's been bright and warm.
Morrisons for lunch after calling at the bank for some cash for the next week or so.
Then called in to Argos and got the doll for my GrgrandD... really pleased that the coupons all went thro' okay so all I had to pay was about a tenner... does that sound mean?!

Then to Tesco where the one and only scooter is still there but at least I got to use it..Yay!
Had a latte coffee and flapjack in Costa Café as my appointment at the docs wasn't until 4.40 so I had lots of time to kill... no point in going all the way home and turning out again. Trouble is that when I eventually went into the waiting room there seem to be some sort of dilemma going on and lots of rushing to and fro so my app was nearly 40mins overdue and as I had been quite on edge about asking for the liquid morphine in my usual pessimistic way I ended up bursting into tears as I had got so pent up about it. However, doc was very nice (not my usual one) and understanding and I got it okay plus some ointment for this awful rash on my arms which has been driving me berserk lately.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Morrisons Roast Chicken, peas, carrots and mash
Snacl - Costa Flapjack + Cherries 17
Dinner - Braed 30g + L.C.Cheese 1
Supper - Actimel Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1202 Carbs 133 SatFat 17 Protein 72 Sugars 72 Fibre 11

Saturday 6th September 2014

Late posting for yesterday:
Heard all the C&W music which was great and sorted some boxes in the bedroom.
Jogging along nicely until about 2pm when I suddenly got a very bad headache which gradually increased with a runny drippy nose and feeling quite feverish. Went to bed and felt slightly better but not until around 5am this morning when I got up and had a cuppa and took tabs for my back... Very strange..another one of my short bug bouts!

Most annoyingly I had to stay up as there was someone calling to look at the greenhouse I advertised but then didn't come! :sigh:

Sunday 7th September 2014

Did a lot more sorting. Wrapped doll ready to send tomorrow and printed out a nice label for it.

Couple came and looked at greenhouse and we agreed on £100. Very pleased that it's been sold and going somewhere where it will be used.

Meals gone well altho' I've been in a real snacking mood today.

Breakfast - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Bread 33g + Cheese 29g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Raisins 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumplings (mix) 100g
Supper - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1417 Carbs 182 SatFat 18 Protein 68 Sugars 74 Fibre 22
*incl. 307 Extra Cals for "work/exercise"

Wednesday 10th September 2014

Really pleased that my visit to the docs was not in vain and I was given a prescription for the liquid morphine I wanted which I can take before moving in bed at all in the mornings.. such a relief!
Had the lady I used to go to visit me yesterday for a massage and Hopi. That was great and I felt so much better since plus I slept very well last night too.
Home help came today and everything's spic and span once again. Had a lovely chat too.

Sent off the doll for my grtgrandD on Monday and today my grandD put a video on Fb of the little one opening her pressie.. that was very touching and made me quite tearful.

I'm introducing more fruit into my daily intake which is proving to be very beneficial for the nether regions and it's stopping me from reaching for the biscuits.

Breakfast - Oats 33g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 24g + Cheese 33g + Tomato Cup-a-Soup
Snacks - Banana + Peaches 2 + Blueberries 90g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Corned Beef 50g + Eggs Hardboiled 2 + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1331 Carbs 169 SatFat 17 Protein 78 Sodium 1572mg Fibre18

Thursday 11th September 2014

Not a good day at all. Spent 90% of the time in bed with lots of meds to try to alleviate some of the pain. 11pm it's on the improved scale so hopefully tomorrow will be much better. Needless to say food-wise has been just anything simple and easy like half a dozen biscuits. Amazingly the count has been pretty good in calories and sodium.

Friday 12th September 2014

Lunch out at Morrisons.. They didn't have any chicken today so I had liver and onions instead which was tasty but the onions do repeat on me for such a long time afterwards.
Got the key to one of their scooters and did a bit of a shop which included a pack of 2 custard and apple doughnuts and ate both which tbh were not at all nice.
Cals amounted to rather a lot! I wonder whether I will ever manage to beat this carb and sweet cravings.. :sigh:

Saturday 13th September 2014

Up early enough to listen to all of the C&W music this morning which was excellent.
Decided to get a radio clock for my bedroom as my TV has gone kaput and I need something to drown out the continual gnawing sound which is somewhere in the curtain tracking... amazing how loud these things are at night whereas during the day it is hardly audible. Got a nice one from Argos but then forgot to use my £10 voucher.

Then went to Tesco and had my lunch in Costa Café. Delicious cheese and tomato toastie plus decaf latte which I'm getting quite addicted to. By that time the mobility scooter..the one and only mobility scooter, had returned and I was able to do a bit of a shop, just a few more yogurts and paracetamol and also a reduced price chicken which I was quite chuffed with.

Another not good day food wise which is not going very well just lately. I really must get my act together if my weight isn't going to start to go up instead of down! :sign0009:

Sunday 14th September 2014

Up very early and took my meds and felt reasonably okay... for a change!
Sorted thro' a lot of odds and ends paperwork, put chicken which was a roast in the bag type.. into the oven and it was absolutely delish.. best one I've done in ages.

A bit up and down at the mo' altho' my ups are pretty good and the downs don't last very long anyway, thank goodness.

Keep on thinking of all the things I still have to sort thro'.. a whole pile of flannelette sheets and other bed sets. I bought a purple set many moons ago, used once and then decided I didn't like them. A pile of handbags and loads of trousers... for starters.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g
Lunch - Bread 34g + Butter 5g + Sauce 4g + Bacon 43g
Dinner - Chicken breast meat 150g + Cabbage 90g + Carrot 60g + Y.Puds 6small + Gravy 20ml
Supper - Cherries 20 + Actimel Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1159 Carbs 111 SatFat 16 Protein 87 Sodium 1364mg Fibre 17
(sodium set at 1300mg per day)
Just decided to alter that to 2000mg per day after reading about health problems.

You could always pack the radio back up,take it back then buy it again with voucher. :)

That's a very good idea Mary... may well do that altho' fact is this one isn't really what I want anyway.

Now lookee 'ere Missus, you're currently sorting out all the clutter in your house.
So why did you buy something that wasn't really what you wanted? Thereby adding to the clutter.
You need to start getting stricter with yourself and start aksing yourself
IS IT PERFECT? If the answer isn't a 100% yes then do not buy it.
What are you like woman :8855:

Now lookee 'ere Missus, you're currently sorting out all the clutter in your house.
So why did you buy something that wasn't really what you wanted? Thereby adding to the clutter.
You need to start getting stricter with yourself and start aksing yourself
IS IT PERFECT? If the answer isn't a 100% yes then do not buy it.
What are you like woman :8855:

Yep.. good advice except the radio is for a reason as I posted on #2075 and I didn't have one at all. Actually I sold the two I did have on E bay would you believe!
What I actually meant by the "not what I wanted" statement was only after I got it I find I can't get it tuned in to Radio Norfolk... must have another go before I return it anyway.

Radio sorted so all okay!

Last edited:
Monday 15th September 2014

Weight today STS which is near to a miracle seeing as I have been indulging some what this last week.
Bought a panty girdle which I always used to wear to help support my back until I got a lot bigger but as my weight seems to have remained the same for some time I thought I'd try again and it def has helped.
Also bought another TV for the bedroom off Kays catalogue as there's no interest to pay with them and it will be delivered in a couple of days. Will sort out the 3 digi boxes I have when this arrives. I know one of them isn't any good but can't remember which one.

Been really good with my food today and I haven't got anything in the freezer or cupboards to tempt me this evening.

Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 33g + Tomato Cup-a-Soup
Snack - Cherries 15 + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Chicken 100g + Salad + S,Cream 20g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yoghurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1149 Carbs 124 SatFat 14 Protein 66 Sodium 1010mg Fibre 12

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th September 2014

Not too bad today.. managed to get quite a few odd jobs done before my "massage" lady arrived this afternoon.
Now feeling nice and relaxed and she brought me a jar of honey as she and her husband keep bees. Thought that was so nice of her especially as fresh honey costs quite a bit to buy.

Made another chicken stew but didn't put a lot of thickening agents in it this time so it's more like a soup. Put a couple of dumplings with it and 'twas very tasty!
I have had to go over all my food items on MFP as most do not show the sodium levels result being I am totally gobsmacked at how many there is in my diet!
Recommended daily allowance for people with high blood pressure is 1200! :eek:

Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g + Banana
Lunch - Bread 34g + Butter 5g + Corned Beef 33g + Daddies Sauce 5ml
Dinner - Chicken Stew homemade + Dumplings (Mix 60g) & Actimel 100g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1132 Carbs 178 SatFat 15 Protein 54 Sodium 1801 Fibre 17

Put a short video up on fb this morning of gd if you want to see it before I remove it tonight. :)

Lovely Mary... thanks.

Wednesday 17th September 2014

Very busy day and back was behaving well so all good.
Sorted my books and got rid of lots of gardening and biology ones. Very glad that they are being collected as there's quite a weight there.

Then got my new TV out of the box, assembled the stand after a lot of confusion as I realised after Googling the info why it was and I had left part of it in the packaging! That done I then had to Google again as the instruction booklet was not at all helpful.. no pictures!? I have to follow things via pictures... and lastly the tuning which hasn't gone well. I can get BBC1 and that's it. By that time I was well and truly exhausted and long past my dinner time so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Good menus which I am well pleased with.

Lunch - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 22g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Chicken Stew homemade + Dumplings (Mix 60g)
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1070 Carbs 150 SatFat 14 Protein 47 Sodium 1534 Fibre 17

Thursday 18th September 2014

Very pleased that I didn't have any after affects from all the work I did yesterday.
Phone calls from the Council housing and have two flats to view both of which are in the same area. One which I am seeing tomorrow afternoon is on what could be classed as a B road and has a security door system which sounds good, the other is in a rather secluded close and the actual flat is somewhat surrounded by bushes so the view is likely to be very restricted and is very much of the same build as the one I have now. That one is not ready to see until the 1st October. Went out and had a look at both this afternoon. Not really keen on either tbh... and the people I saw in the vicinity looked rather rough...!?!

Did a little bit more sorting and will get down to more tomorrow.
Haven't had time to do anything more about my new TV. Put a plea for advice on Streetlife only to get one guy saying "Have you plugged it in?":rolleyes:

Lunch - Crumpet + Cheese 22g
Snack - Raspberries 350g
Dinner - Chicken Stew homemade + Dumplings (mix 60g) & Actimel Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1238 Carbs 195 SatFat 15 Protein 52 Sodium 1532mg Fibre 37

Friday 19th September 2014

Went to view of the flats this afternoon and was not at all impressed initially as sitting outside waiting for the council person to arrive I noted that the grass at the front was practically knee high and there were a couple of well overgrown bushes that were almost covering the front window. Another lady arrived and said that she thought this was a really lovely flat but on going inside not only were there numerous steps but it was so small it made this one I have seem like a palace. The kitchen was slightly larger but had a tiny doorway and the bathroom only a bath which these days I cannot manage. Had a word with the council rep and she advised me to let them know that I only need either a shower or wet room. Seems like it will be quite a while before I get anything like the one I now have.
Called in at Tesco.. Costa Café .. as I needed something to eat. Unfortunately no cheese and tomato toasties so I had a tuna Panini. Young girl who brought my food delivered it on a tray swimming with water. I asked her why she had done that to which she replied that it had had the cups etc from the washing machine on it.!?! I asked her why hadn't she just dried it before putting my food onto it and she just shrugged her shoulders. How ridiculous is that?
Then went to PC World to get another charger for my Tablet as I just can't find mine... it's a purple one so I shouldn't mislay that (she says hopefully!)
After calling into the surgery for my prescription I eventually go home at 4.30pm.

Breakfast - Oats 32g + Bran 3g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Costa Tuna Panini + Costa Latte
"Dinner" - Banana 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1405 Carbs 183 SatFat 18 Protein 67 Sodium 954 Fibre 10
*Extra cals for exercise 339

Saturday 20th September 2014

Enjoyed the C&W music this morning.. highlight of my week.

Football match on this afternoon at Carrow Road so went out early to miss the traffic. Had lunch in Morrisons and then went to Argos to exchange the radio. Have a Philips this time which proved to be much easier to tune.
Sorted a few things in the bedroom.. not much.. and not done anything else either.

Breakfast - Liberte Strawberry Yoghurt 100g
Lunch - Morrison's Chicken, Peas, Carrots & Mash
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Haddock Fillet + Chips 200g + Peas 80g + Tom. Ketchup 20ml
Supper - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1541 Carbs 177 SatFat 11 Protein 94 Sodium 1029 Fibre 18
*Extra 223 Calories for exercise

Back