2015 and It's Now or Never!

((( Hugs ))) Emm - hope tomorrow brings some relief and that you feel better.

((( Hugs ))) Emm - hope tomorrow brings some relief and that you feel better.

Thanks Bev... Today is much better and I'm able to move about quite well too.

Monday 13th October 2014

WI.. now 188.4lbs which is quite good all things considered.

Very annoyed that the Pest Controller phoned me at 8.30 this morning and then 1/2hr later Kyle from Thurlows Motors phoned with a very cheery "How are you this morning?" and got short shrift from me ... not the right time I'm afraid!

Raining outside altho' it is quite bright... nothing much on the agenda altho' I do keep saying that all the sewing (yes.. those trousers) will get done before my home help arrives next time.. :rolleyes:

Evening Em,

I hope the wasps are sorted and you're feeling better. I have a pile of DD's trousers to hem that have been waiting ages. I AM going to sort those.

Evening Em,

I hope the wasps are sorted and you're feeling better. I have a pile of DD's trousers to hem that have been waiting ages. I AM going to sort those.

Evening Mel,
Wasps should be dealt with tomorrow afternoon..

Trouser job seem to haunt me.. always seem to find something more important to do.. :D

Tuesday 14th October 2014

Another really peculiar night where I just kept snoozing on and off and not able to get into a proper sleep until about 7am and then slept until 11.30 again.
Lovely sunny day altho' somewhat colder. Morrisons for lunch which was delicious as usual... and then used one of their scooters to go round the store. Didn't know that they have their own loyalty card which I decided to apply for as there is always a mobility scooter available so may as well do more shopping there.

Food counts gone well:
Cals 1309 SatFat 29 Sodium 803

Last edited:
Evening Emm, :)

Morrisons loyalty card has just started. I need to get mine as that is where I do my main shop now.Sainsburys has got too expensive to shop in now.

I've not had a real nights sleep since last Wednesday.I can usually manage 10pm till about 2/3am then go in and out of sleep until 6am.But I seem to have only manage to sleep 10pm until 12 this last week and then more out of sleep then in.Once things settle down and get back to normal I'm sure I will get some full nights sleep in.:)

Evening Mary,

That does explain why I haven't seen it before!

I would imagine a lot of your sleeplessness is no doubt due to a lot of stress you've had recently.. hope things are beginning to sort themselves out a bit now for you.

Wednesday 15th October 2014

Wasps nest dealt with today and expecting him to have been and gone in a couple of minutes I was surprised that he knocked at my door about an hour later to tell me that it was completed but there was a tile that was adrift and needed attention.

Measured the last of the stored duvets which was a winter-summer styled one being 1 x 9tog and 1 x 4.5tog that can be separated or used together... advertised for free.

Made a really delish meal tonight..quite plain .. baked jacket potato with steamed carrots and sprouts, baked beans and 2 rashers of bacon.
Counts: Cals 1254 Carbs 165 SatFat 17 Sodium 1982

Thursday 16th October 2014

Sorted the loads of bed sheets etc. that I had in my airing cupboard and was pleased that when a lady called to collect the last of the duvets that I had she took all the other things as well. She kept asking if there was anything she could do for me so I asked her to take my old TV downstairs and she actually took it and put it my car which is a great relief.
My piles of stuff have diminished a lot and I'm so pleased.

Had a rainbow trout fillet for my meal tonight which I decided to pan fry for a change and it was really good.
I'm gradually using up items in my cupboard which have been there for a while.. tins of sliced peaches which are just as nutritious as fresh and now I need to find a recipe for using Ragu tomato and basil sauce.. most probably just put it with some minced beef.

I have at last been able to find out why I keep getting this rash on my arms which often wakes me up when it is itching really badly and it's due to the Meptazinol tablets. I.ve cut them down to just one a day and it has improved a whole heap.

Counts today: Cals 1294 Carbs 121 SatFat 16 Sodium 1069.. Brill!

. . . I'm gradually using up items in my cupboard which have been there for a while.. tins of sliced peaches which are just as nutritious as fresh and now I need to find a recipe for using Ragu tomato and basil sauce.. most probably just put it with some minced beef.
Watch out on the peaches if they are in syrup - really high in carbs - but they're ok if in juice.

Get some pork mince and make some meatballs (very finely chopped onions, herbs, spices and some beaten egg to bind them).
Shape into 1" balls.

Fry some extra onions as well, add the meatballs to colour them and then add the sauce and cook slowly over a low light.
You could also add some oregano and a splash of worcester sauce to spice it up a bit.
Plus I always add a few drops of tabasco sauce as well.
1" diameter meatballs will cook in about 30-40 minutes - and the sauce should thicken up in this time too.

Great served with some pasta and a green salad.

Last edited:
. . . I have at last been able to find out why I keep getting this rash on my arms which often wakes me up when it is itching really badly and it's due to the Meptazinol tablets. I.ve cut them down to just one a day and it has improved a whole heap.
Sooooo glad you've sorted this out!

Watch out on the peaches if they are in syrup - really high in carbs - but they're ok if in juice.

Get some pork mince and make some meatballs (very finely chopped onions, herbs, spices and some beaten egg to bind them).
Shape into 1" balls.

Fry some extra onions as well, add the meatballs to colour them and then add the sauce and cook slowly over a low light.
You could also add some oregano and a splash of worcester sauce to spice it up a bit.
Plus I always add a few drops of tabasco sauce as well.
1" diameter meatballs will cook in about 30-40 minutes - and the sauce should thicken up in this time too.

Great served with some pasta and a green salad.

Always buy cans of fruit in juice Bev..far too sickly anyway in syrup apart from the carbs factor.

Never think about buying pork mince but thanks for the info about the recipe which I shall do with the beef mince.

Saturday 18th October 2014

Quite a good day... up in time to hear all of the C&W music which was great.

Couple came round and took a lot of stuff from the garden to the tip for me as I had donated all my garden tools and other stuff to their community allotment scheme and as we were talking they said that when I eventually get to move house they will come and give me a hand... am soo pleased about that! Such a weight off my mind and how good of them!

Did lots of odd jobs and cleaned a couple of places in my carpet where I had spilt gravy so very pleased with that too.
Food counts gone well. Cooked 2 rainbow trout fillets on Thursday so had the other one tonight with sprouts, peas and mash which I enjoyed a lot.

Cals 1209 Carbs 105 SatFat 15 Sodium 801 Fibre 18

. . . Cooked 2 rainbow trout fillets on Thursday so had the other one tonight with sprouts, peas and mash which I enjoyed a lot.
Love Love Love Love Love trout BUT . . .
Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk to the sprouts! I absolutely loathe them!
Why I don't know, as I love cabbage, kale etc etc. Maybe it's their consistency.

Love Love Love Love Love trout BUT . . .
Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk to the sprouts! I absolutely loathe them!
Why I don't know, as I love cabbage, kale etc etc. Maybe it's their consistency.

I think they are in the love/hate section... people either love them or can't stand them!
I prefer sprouts to cabbage.

Sunday 19th October 2014

Rather a restless night but eventually slept from about 7 until 11.30 again but such a lovely refreshing sleep so all's good. As I didn't have any breakfast I was able to have a right feast this evening with another of my favs.. sausages in gravy baked with steamed carrots and sprouts, a few baked beans and Yorkshire puds... gordiguous!

Used the rest of the coconut milk I bought some wee while ago and made a bread & butter pudding with added sultanas and will have a portion of that for my supper.
Not much else done altho' that was enough being as the twinges in my back were quite severe but I was determined to get that done and not have to throw away the rest of the coconut milk.

Counts very good again.. quite chuffed with myself..

Cals 1343 Carbs 160 SatFat 17 Protein 68 Sodium 856 Fibre 19

I think they are in the love/hate section... people either love them or can't stand them!
I prefer sprouts to cabbage.

It's a good job we're not all the same, isn't it???
You're defo right the love/hate thing.
Bit like Marmite. I lurvvvvvvvvvve Marmite. How about you?

It's a good job we're not all the same, isn't it???
You're defo right the love/hate thing.
Bit like Marmite. I lurvvvvvvvvvve Marmite. How about you?

I am a Marmite lover..great on a piece of well buttered toast but just a smidgen mind.

Monday 20th October 2014

Bit of a jump on the weight today..just gotta stop these indulgences.. 191lbs to be exact!

Phoned the surgery and was very pleased to find that I have been changed to a different doctor. Left a message about the Db check which I am quite confident the practice manager is going to see about.

Not done much today apart from making the minced beef with tomato and basil sauce and added onions and Worcester sauce. Served up with wholemeal spaghetti and it was really scrummy.. so simple but delish.

Food counts:
Cals 1302 Carbs 156 SatFat 15 Protein 61 Sodium 1536 Fibre 17

. . . Not done much today apart from making the minced beef with tomato and basil sauce and added onions and Worcester sauce. Served up with wholemeal spaghetti and it was really scrummy.. so simple but delish.
So glad you enjoyed it !!!!

Tuesday 21st October 2014

Out to the bank today for some cash.. need to pay my home help tomorrow. Didn't particularly want to go as it seemed so cold and windy but not too bad when I got out.
Took some handbags to the charity shop.. and bought a really lovely heavy glass vase.
Tesco for a couple of things..I like to buy my fruit and veg in store so I can pick the best and got some more sprouts, tomatoes (prefer on the vine) and organic carrots..so much tastier.

Made swede & carrot mash to put with my casseroled sausages and sprouts. Made the portion size of the mash 160g but 100g was plenty... and very tasty.
The bread and butter pudding I made the other day with the rest of the coconut milk I portioned out the recipe (on MFP) to 8 which then got altered to 6 and finally 4.. :giggle:
Counts today still quite good:

Cals 1444 Carbs 149 SatFat 26 Protein 64 Sodium 752 Fibre 18

Back