2015 and It's Now or Never!

Afternoon Em,

Glad you got more stuff unloaded and the wasps sorted.

I like to pick my own fruit and veg, too. It was very blowy yesterday.

When do you move? Any word in the moving the oven?

Afternoon Em,

Glad you got more stuff unloaded and the wasps sorted.

I like to pick my own fruit and veg, too. It was very blowy yesterday.

When do you move? Any word in the moving the oven?

Nothing on the horizon at the mo' Mel... and no word from the council about the oven unit.

Wednesday 22nd October 2014

Quite a good day. I came across an under sheet for my bed which has little magnets in that is supposed to be good for aiding anyone with arthritic problems. I had put it by as it needed to be washed and then forget all about it. Washed and promptly put on my bed the other day and am wondering whether this is what's making my back feel so much better... time will tell.

Home help came today and her bright and breezy attitude always cheers me up no end. She always works so hard and nothing is too much trouble either.

Not done much else apart from making a rich fruit cake.

Counts for today: Cals 1189 Carbs 108 SatFat 26 Protein 63 Sodium 1368 Fibre 17

Morning Em!

That sheet sounds interesting. I always wondered how those things work.

So, you're the one person who likes fruitcake! ;) (Just kidding my DH does, too.)

Thursday 23rd October 2014

Totally peed off today.. cold and fed up! Waited for my groceries to be delivered at 1pm and then went out. Tried to get a cover for my mobile without success so stopped into Tesco and had a Costa toastie, latte and nutty flapjack and then bought a little mini trifle which I ate when I got home and boy!.. was that sickly! (Forced myself to finish it!.. :D )

Am going to a U3A meeting tomorrow which is entitled "The Good Old Days".. just a group chatting about memories as far as I can fathom. It should be amusing ... I hope.

Saturday 25th October 2014

Yesterday's outing was okay-ish! ..Started off by having a song book and singing a few old songs which is not really my cup of tea especially as I'm not a good singer at the best of times... Then we (5 of us) took it in turns to read a verse of a poem that apparently is being done in the U3A Xmas concert.. one woman chose to abstain as she didn't agree with the poem that was chosen. After that the whole thing was just idle chatter about anything with another woman completely dominating the whole thing and no one could get a word in edge ways! I'm not sure whether I shall bother to go again especially as I am inclined to get my gander up under those situations and most probably end up making some rather forthright comment as to it supposedly being a "GROUP" meeting.
I felt so tired when I got home and can only think it was because of getting quite nervous beforehand... so I was in bed by 9.30.

Today I was up very early at about 6am having had a really good nights sleep which was great. C&W music was very good too this morning and then sorted a few things in the bedroom. Just general tidying and putting the things I have left in an orderly fashion. Didn't last very long at that as my back began to really ache so apart from taking the chicken meat off the bones and putting a jar of korma sauce with it that was my lot for today... Unfortunately I had one of those days where I felt hungry all the time.. very strange. That hasn't happened for a long while.
Thankfully counts not too OTT.
Cals 1523 Carbs 156 SatFat 31 Protein 58 Sodium 915 Fibre 13

Morning Em,

You might find you won't have had much of a gain - perhaps, you were hungrier because your outing burned more calories than your normal daily activities.

I'm not one to sing in public - as I've been told I'm dreadful. I do love to sing.

I hope today is a better day.

Monday 27th October 2014

Quite a surprise to find just another 0.6lb gain.. as you predicted Mel!

Went out for lunch intending to have something different for a change and ordered liver and onions but the liver was tasteless and went into a sandy-like consistency which was horrible. Asked to see the manager who was very nice and said that it's a new type being used and she had noticed it did look a bit odd and very kindly changed it to something else so ended up with my usual roast chicken.

Had a ride around the store on a mobility scooter and bought a farmhouse loaf which I thought would make a bit of a change plus a pack of strawberry cornettos and ate one sitting in the car.
Again I was so unbelievably tired when I got home about 4pm and soon dropped off to sleep in the armchair until 7.30! I could understand it had I not had a good night but I slept very well and only got up once for a loo visit.

Cals standing at 1093 at the mo' but not had anything for an evening meal so may well have some supper to add on to that.

Morning Em,

These early dark nights make me sleepy. Well done on such a slight gain.

Tuesday 28th October 2014

Been a really awful day pain wise.. had to take a goodly dose of morphine this afternoon as I just couldn't bear it any longer!
Had another portion of the chicken korma I made the other day and managed to find some info on how to make the rice more tasty as just boiled rice is rather too bland. Softened some onion in butter, added chicken stock plus water and the rice and left to simmer until all liquid had gone... made the korma just perfect..Yay!

Have over eaten today because of needing the comfort from pain.
Total cals 1755 .. and I really don't care.

Last edited:
. . . how to make the rice more tasty as just boiled rice is rather too bland.
I often boiul rice in a small amount of chicke stock with veg added as well. Finely diced carrot, peas, sweetcorn are great as it also adds colour and texture.

. . . Been a really awful day pain wise.. had to take a goodly dose of morphine this afternoon as I just couldn't bear it any longer!
Sorry you've not had a good day. Lets hope tomorrow is better.

I often boil rice in a small amount of chicken stock with veg added as well. Finely diced carrot, peas, sweetcorn are great as it also adds colour and texture.

Thanks for that Bev.. did wonder whether to add in some peas that I have in the fridge from the other day so I'll do that tonight with the last portion.

Sorry you've not had a good day. Lets hope tomorrow is better.

Today I woke up in a lot of agony but thankfully it has subsided considerably now which is such a relief.
I just have one more lot of things to sort out and then I'll be able to have a proper organised bedroom.

Wednesday 29th October 2014

Did intend to do some more sorting but ended up having a very lazy day... in fact it seems that I was just counting the time until the next meal which is rather ludicrous! I think it was most probably enjoying the fact of not being in so much pain.

Did sort a box of DIY stuff and found myself coming up with the "this could come in handy" ideas! Good excuse to stop.. :D

Counts for today: Cals 1367 Carbs 147 SatFat 28 Protein 72 Sodium 928 Fibre 14

Morning Emm,:)

Hope you are ok? I see you didn't post here yesterday.

Thanks for asking Mary..I appreciate your visit.. Unfortunately the usual has kept me in dire straits and this morning I took every tablet and a dose of morphine to combat it and then sat and had a right old howl..(don't mean that I've overdosed tho'... :confused: ) If only there was something they could do about bad backs..
I shall plod on today and try to keep my mind occupied with better things. I keep reminding myself of those who cannot walk at all but chronic pain destroys all ability to think rationally.

Sorry you've been so unwell. I hope you're better soon.

((( Hugs )))

Sorry you've been so unwell. I hope you're better soon.

((( Hugs )))

Saturday 1st November 2014

Feeling somewhat better today thanks ladies.

Think I shall go to the docs and see if I can find out why this keeps happening as there just doesn't seem to be any reason why I have these bad turns. Doesn't matter whether I have had a busy day or not I wake up with not knowing what things are going to be like until I actually get out of bed. It's soo exhausting battling with chronic pain.

Morning Em,

I hope the doctor finds a solution or some sort of relief.

Sunday 2nd November 2014

Much better today.. such a relief!

Lady came round this afternoon and took the final load of things away which included an artificial Xmas tree, lots of trimmings and baubles and a box of crackers. When my home help lady comes next week I shall get her to reorganise the shelves so they look tidier... not got any more energy at the mo'!

Food has gone well and had tinned salmon with salad and some mash this evening which was delish.
Counts: Cals 1333 Carbs 139 SatFat 18 Protein 62 Sodium 1421 Fibre 11

Back