2015 and It's Now or Never!

Glad you've had a better day today Emm. Hope the doc can help with a better solution to alleviate the chronic pain.

Morning Em!

You're making amazing progress! I'm glad you're peppier.

Glad you've had a better day today Emm. Hope the doc can help with a better solution to alleviate the chronic pain.

Thanks Bev... So glad you don't get fed up with me going on about it but it does help to be able to vent my feelings.

Morning Em!

You're making amazing progress! I'm glad you're peppier.

I am amazing myself TBH Mel.

Tuesday 4th November 2014

Yesterday the "charity shop" lady called again and took almost the rest of the stuff from my bedroom hoards and it's a great feeling to not be cluttered up everywhere.. I am really surprised at just how good it feels.
..and a lovely surprise as I had a phone call from my D in Ireland and we had such a lovely chat... I'm a real happy bunny today.
I know that both her D and herself had opened a coffee shop just near where they live and between having to decorate and do all that entails she has also had her MIL staying because she had not been well and they were moving her to be nearer to them. The coffee shop had gone off with all guns a-blazing and they have been so busy that her youngest D is now leaving where she was working to go and work there as well..so delighted for them! (Pictures of the shop are on FB and it's called The Square Coffee Shop)

My home help came today and everything clean and sparkling again.

Food counts gone well.. Cals 1220 Carbs 132 SatFat 11 Protein 59 Sodium 1437 Fibre 12

Sounds like things are going well!

It's a nice feeling having a nice clean decluttered home. :)

Morning Em!

One day.

I must admit it's quite different and very relaxing.

Thursday 6th November 2014

Hair permed this afternoon and talking to my hairdresser I finally decided to book a cruise for over Xmas.. Phoned up P&O and was quoted a really good price for a Carribean cruise for 24 days but it meant at one time being 5 days at sea which rather unnerved me..Went online and saw the one I have done before to the Canaries so booked that. At least I'll be away for Xmas which is all I want.

Had a good fry up for dinner tonight which has put me OTT but never mind.

Ooooooh - Canaries for Christmas. Should still be warm there then.

Sounds lovely, Em.

Cruise to Canaries at Xmas.Lucky you. :)

I'm going to be down with son doing the rest of decluttering there.He's not very good at dusting.He won't move objects so he dust around them.:rolleyes:

That'll be a fun time Mary!..typical man methinks.. :D

Ooooooh - Canaries for Christmas. Should still be warm there then.

Sounds lovely, Emm.

I've done this cruise a couple of times already but there's always something new to discover anyway.

Friday 7th November 2014

Very keen to get a new digi box for the bedroom TV and checked online for a Humax at Argos but when I got there they only had one in the city Mall. So thinking I would take my time and get down there today I was horrified by the amount of roads that were being altered and what was once a one way street is now 2 way, plus there was a bad accident on the ring road so that caused lots of diverted traffic and I had no idea where I was going at any given time so gave up and came home which in itself took nearly 1 1/2 hours!. (ordinarily a 20mins journey at the very most) .Yikes!!
Decided to order it online and filled out all the necessary info right down to the last click and there's an ERROR! So no idea whether my order has gone through or not.. :sigh:

Did have a nice surprise phone call from my friend and had a lovely chat with a final acknowledgement of a soon to be invite for a cuppa.

(email rec. and delivery of digi box on the way!)

Rather a lot of bread consumed today with cheese on toast for lunch and then a 2 rounds sandwich with spread cheese, lettuce, beetroot and salad cream.. very delish and days totals not too bad at all, which is a bonus.

Cals 1256 Carbs 152 Sodium 1199

Last edited:
Saturday 8th November 2014

Up nice and early to hear the C&W music on the radio and it was someone else doing the commentary which was great as he was nice and concise and without all the waffling the other guy does... drives me up the pole!

Found some sausages in the freezer which I baked in the oven for this evening with Yorkshire puds and peas.. delish.

Got in touch with a fella on Streetlife who does a lot of woodwork things and asked him if he was interested in some half cans of varnish and paint and he's coming to look at them on Tuesday which will be great to get rid of some of those. Very difficult to get rid of anything like that as the tins have to have dried out before they can go to the dump.

Spent most of the afternoon putting another grocery order in for delivery Tuesday when the council workmen should be erecting scaffolding outside in order to see to the misplaced tiles on the roof... so Tuesday will be quite a busy day one way and another.
Also went on a spending spree online.. 2 dresses, 3 tops and 3 pairs glittery sandals. :whistle: .. plus a couple of things off Amazon.

I did a weigh this morning and am pleased to see that I am still the same so far...I want to try to get a few pounds off before I go away otherwise it's going to go up again then.
Counts today: Cals 1336 Carbs 144 Sodium 1288

Sunday 9th November 2014

Odd sort of night.. couldn't sleep and I was up and down like a yo-yo. Eventually slept from 6 - 11.30am and was okay when I got up which was great.
Went out to Tesco for some veg and fruit which have been rather lacking just recently. Stopped and had a Costa toastie, flapjack and latte.. delish.

Printed out form for disability info re the cruise and the form wouldn't print out properly. Thought it was my printer but after saving the document I then found it printed off okay.. very pleased I wont have to pay out for the techy fella to come out.

Counts for today: Cals 1274 Carbs 158 SatFat 26 Protein 70 Sodium 1273 Fibre 10

Evening Em!

Costa is DD's go to place for eating out! I'm glad you didn't need tech support.

Morning Emm, :)

Hope your ok? :)

Hi Mary, everything reasonably okay thanks.

Wednesday 12th November 2014

Jogging along okay at the mo' which is great.
Made a steak and onion pie which I must say I am positively delighted with as my cooking lately has left a lot to be desired but this is absolutely super-duper! I originally thought I would use up some suet and do a steamed pudding and then found I didn't have any suet after all. Having prepared the steak and onions I used a pastry and did a pie and it's SOO tasty it's unbelievable... and having to stop myself from having seconds.. nay thirds! .. is quite a challenge. However, as I have been indulging far too much lately but have maintained my weight this week I don't want to chance the possibility of an extra couple of pounds appearing especially as it's so near Xmas.

Workmen came on Monday and erected scaffolding in order to fix the roof tiles, then yesterday to actually do the job but scaffolding still in place all today still...

Ordered some water filters off Amazon which looked identical to the ones I usually buy from B&Q but found they are made with some sort of coconut stuff.. nothing on the site to say this I might add and then checked out the reviews which were a bit iffy anyway. Decided to send them back and was very pleased to see they have a very easy returns system.

Counts today: Cals 1338 Carbs 146 SatFat 26 Protein 70 Sodium 1449 Fibre 15

Morning Em,

My friend had scaffolding around her house for months because tiles needed repairing. They erected the scaffolding then took ages to make the repairs (MOD housing).

I feel,a bit sad you're getting thus place all ship shaped and then will be moving.

Morning Em,

My friend had scaffolding around her house for months because tiles needed repairing. They erected the scaffolding then took ages to make the repairs (MOD housing).

I feel,a bit sad you're getting thus place all ship shaped and then will be moving.

Morning Mel.. or perhaps after..noon as it's 12.09 to be exact..

At least the work has been done here but I do wonder how much they are charging the council for the job with these sort of antics...

Thanks for the sentiments but TBH the moving is on hold as I have come to the conclusion I just can't bear to tear myself away from my lovely view and not least the fact that this is quite a considerable sized dwelling compared to the ones I have seen. My mother was in one of the councils sheltered housing bungalows which consisted of a small sitting room with a very small kitchen and just a divider between for the extremely small bedroom and bathroom... makes me feel claustrophobic at the thought of it!
Methinks they'll have to carry me out of here and I'll continue to battle with the stairs in the mean time.....

. . . Thanks for the sentiments but TBH the moving is on hold as I have come to the conclusion I just can't bear to tear myself away from my lovely view and not least the fact that this is quite a considerable sized dwelling compared to the ones I have seen.
. . .
Methinks they'll have to carry me out of here and I'll continue to battle with the stairs in the mean time.....
I had a feeling that this was going to be the case!!!
BUT . . .
Please don't leave it too late to move whilst you are still compos mentis, and (reasonably) fit and well.
You know the sorry saga of getting my mum to move out of her house to the flat - which was sheltered accomodation.
She left it far too late and was having to go up and down the stairs at her house on her backside as she just couldn't walk up/down them any longer.
Although it was only one bedroom, at least the lounge, bedroom and bathroom were a good size, even though the kitchen was just 2m square!
But it was enough for her as she no longer cooked anyway and just pinged things in the microwave - or at least her carers did.

I had a feeling that this was going to be the case!!!
BUT . . .
Please don't leave it too late to move whilst you are still compos mentis, and (reasonably) fit and well.
You know the sorry saga of getting my mum to move out of her house to the flat - which was sheltered accomodation.
She left it far too late and was having to go up and down the stairs at her house on her backside as she just couldn't walk up/down them any longer.
Although it was only one bedroom, at least the lounge, bedroom and bathroom were a good size, even though the kitchen was just 2m square!
But it was enough for her as she no longer cooked anyway and just pinged things in the microwave - or at least her carers did.

I do understand what you are saying Bev but my need to be at a place where it helps me fight off my prone to depression is the most important and that wont be living in a cramped place where there is little view.
One thing I learnt about that is that having the opportunity to look at distances exercises the eyes and therefore the brain which helps to ward off a lot of mental instability...(and I sometimes have to come up the stairs on all fours!.. :confused:
)

Thursday 13th November 2014

Trying to put a payee onto my account but misread the directions and ended up being locked out of my account. Needed to get some cash so asked the teller to unlock it and we had to go outside to the ATM where it was unlocked.. easy peasy..so I thought! Got home and still couldn't get into my account and had to phone them where he kept me waiting for nearly 15mins.. said his system went down. :sigh:. nothings simple these days!

Not much else to tell apart from contacting the council about where to dump left over paint and was given a link to the usual refuse site + info which I knew already!

Eaten far too much again...

Evening Em,

Can you get a stairlift installed?

I hope you have a good weekend.

Evening Em,

Can you get a stairlift installed?

I hope you have a good weekend.

Evening Mel,
Stairlift not an option as the stairs are outside my front door in the communal hallway and no security door either so council would not entertain the idea that's why I have to move if I can't cope with the stairs.

Had a really lazy day as I was in a lot of pain first thing and had to take my usual doses of meds which made me very drowsy and I decided to just take it easy.

Kept to a very good eating plan so at least that has gone well.

Counts: Cals 1269 Carbs 145 SatFat 21 Protein 73 Sodium 1753 Fibre 11

Last edited:
Back