2015 and It's Now or Never!

Tuesday 2nd December 2014

Very restless night but thankfully not because of any pain.
Got everything tidy for when Comp tech guy came... took him less than a couple of minutes.. or perhaps I should say seconds to correct things. Glad that's sorted. Did ask him what was the solution and the fact is I was really close to having done it. The TalkTalk tech guy had talked me thro' the majority but then said to go to a particular place which I couldn't find so I a kept asking him whereabouts on the page was it but he didn't tell and just kept saying have you done that? ... until I said that I reckoned I would have to get my tech guy out and that's when he said that they couldn't help me if I had a third party technician!.. Isn't that just a lot of rot!?!
After my tech guy had gone I then noticed he had done something and I hadn't got a tool bar any more so it took me a good while to find out how to get that back! :sigh:

Food gone reasonably well. Did intend to make something with the rest of the mackerel from the other day but didn't fancy it at all.. think it will go in the bin.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Cheese 45g + Apple + Multigrain Crackers 3 + Chutney 2teaspn
Snack - Rich Fruit Cake 0.5slice
Dinner - Bacon 48g + Eggs poached 2 + G.Peas 80g + Mash 30g + Sauce 6ml & Raspberries Jelly & Custard + Cream 20ml
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1376 Carbs 137 SatFat 22 Protein 68 Sodium 1592 Fibre 19

Wednesday 3rd December 2014

Spoke too soon about the old aches and pains and had to get up at 3am to take meds. Still in rather dire straits this morning but managed to get moving and do a few things before grocery delivery arrived.
It's really great that they have lots of slots for £1 delivery charge now... means I don't feel that I have to stock up quite so much.

Home help this afternoon and all things lovely and cleeeen!
Highlight of the week is having fresh clean sheets on my bed... :clap::clap::clap:

Rather over my counts today mostly due to having to grab the nearest thing from the kitchen due to my pains.. altho' a fair bit of comfort eating as well methinks!

Breakfast - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Alpro Choc Dessert 125g
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Butter 8g + Cheese 40g
Snack - Jelly Raspberries & Custard
Dinner - Salmon canned 40g + S.Cream 25g + Jacket Potato 250g & Xmas Pud 100g + Single Cream 70ml
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1706 Carbs 214 SatFat 32 Protein 55 Sodium 1818 Fibre 16
Plus extra cals for "exercise" 155

NOT GOOD!!

Thursday 4th December 2014

A good day and up fairly early.
First went to opticians to get my specs mended.. screw came out so lens kept falling out.
Then on to Tesco where I filled up with petrol and had lunch in Costa Café and did a bit of a shop for veg and fruit.
Had to call back for my specs and then took some items to the charity shop.. home about 4.30 and exhausted! Don't have any stamina at all these days so a couple of hours snooze was next on the list.
Quite pleased all told altho' did have a couple of choc teacakes but never-the-less counts not too bad.

Lunch - Costa Latte Coffee + Cheese & Tomato Toastie
Snack - Chocolate Teacakes 4
Dinner - Bread 30g + Butter 4g + Cheese 28g
Supper - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1580 Carbs 199 SatFat 30 Protein 63 Sodium 1569 Fibre 12
*Extra cals 334 for "exercise"... driving etc.

Friday 5th December 2014

Lovely and sunny again today but very cold..Made the old bones seize up a bit so didn't get going until nearly midday. All my washing up to date and put away the last few things from the grocery delivery the other day.

Took me absolutely ages to fill in part of a survey that is concerning TV watching times and progs etc.. which is for the whole week. Well worth the effort tho' as I shall get quite a few points which will buy me over another £10 voucher... that will make practically £150 this year altogether.. nice little extra pocket money.

Have def kept to a good eating regime today and am well pleased with myself.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 25g + Coffee + Milk SS 120ml + Sugar 3g
Snack - NIL
Dinner - Corned Beef 70g + Eggs scrambled 2 + Br.Sprouts 85g + Carrot 65g + Mash 30g + Daddie's Sauce 6g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1045 Carbs 98 SatFat 20 Protein 67 Sodium 1503 Fibre 9

Saturday 6th December 2014

Another very gloriously sunny day but very cold.
C&W music on the radio was great today and I listen to the following program "The Garden Party" even tho' I don't do any gardening now they are such a funny lot and their innuendos are hilarious.

More sorting of things in the bedroom believe it or not... still need to tidy things and find homes for all those odds and ends... but I'm getting there! Yay!! Soon wont know what to do with myself.

Diet reasonably okay altho' once again the carbs are rather higher than I would like.. must do better tomorrow.

Lunch - Bread 35g Butter 8g + Bacon 65g + Sauce 5g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 40g
Dinner - Cod Fillet (frozen) + Carrot 65g + Br.Sprouts 100g + Mash 30g + Tom.Ketchup 20g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1298 Carbs 130 SatFat 21 Protein 63 Sodium 1830 Fibre 14

Sunday 7th December 2014

Started off quite bright today but soon change to a rather gloomy afternoon.. and very cold. Pleased with myself as I managed to climb up onto my bathroom stool and change the shower curtains AND machined the edge of one of them which meant I could put my sewing machine away and the table back into it's place.
Washed all the glasses in my little display cabinet which looks really nice now.
Wonders never cease!

Kept to quite good menus and counts are much improved. Weight this morning is just the same so far .. and that's okay for now. I shall be looking to get some help from the docs to get some more off in the new year.

Lunch - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 34g & Coffee 1/2Teaspn + Milk 100ml + Sugar 3g
Snack - Fruit Cake 1/2slice
Dinner - Ham 55g + Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + S.Cream 20g + Mash 30g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1165 Carbs 117 SatFat 19 Protein 64 Sodium 1674 Fibre 7

Last edited:
Monday 8th December 2014

Weight just a tad higher! .. :sigh: .. I only have myself to blame of course.. keep letting those carbs get too high.

Phoned my hairdresser (Mon) to see if she could do my hair as I'm visiting my friend today (Tues) and I want it to look a bit decent as it's descended into a mass of fuzz. Really glad she fitted me in altho' it wasn't the owner it was her assistant who then told me after I had asked how she was getting on with her preparations for Christmas that she lost her one and only teenage son a few months ago to meningitis. He was taken ill while at a festival and within four hours had died!.. I was so overwhelmed with her grief even tho' I hardly know her.. such a tragedy! Puts so many things into proper perspective.

Did a bit of shopping afterwards and fell prey to a pack of mince pies.. :copon:
Soo tired when I got home that after a brief look at telly I went to bed for a couple of hours and then up for half the night... as one does!

Last edited:
Not sure when you depart for your cruise - but have a lovely time chica.
Merry Xmas.jpg

Welcome back chica - by my reckoning that's not too big a gain. One of the girls on here has managed 15 lbs over a couple of off-plan weeks.
You can get rid of that pretty quickly once you get back on track.

Happy New Year, Em.

I'm glad you're feeling better and that your cruise went well.
You're still a lot lighter than you once were.

Happy New Year, Em.

I'm glad you're feeling better and that your cruise went well.
You're still a lot lighter than you once were.

Thanks Mel and a Happy New Year to you too.

I do try to keep that in mind about the amount I have managed to lose even tho' it's been a hard struggle to get any more off.. but, having said that.. there has been far too many off days which isn't going to help in the long run!
I'm giving it until the end of January when hopefully this flu' bug will have finally left so I'm feeling much better and then setting my goal to at least six weeks of solid weight loss regime to make all this effort have a beneficial affect.

Monday

Sent from my K00F using MiniMins.com mobile app

ERROR

... Not mastered my Tablet at all!

Emm - it's probably not you or the tablet, I suspect it's the Minis App.
It does weird and wonderful things on my Android phone. So much so that I still just log in via the website.

Monday 5th January 2015
Initially thought I had lost a whole lot but now realise my calculations were more than somewhat up the chute and have actually gained even more!.. Now 194lbs!
On the other hand... after updating my signature I see that things are not as bad as I thought!

Jan 1st = 197
Jan 5th = 194
Errr by my maths that's a loss!
And less than 2 lbs heavier than before the cruise.

Jan 1st = 197
Jan 5th = 194
Errr by my maths that's a loss!
And less than 2 lbs heavier than before the cruise.

Well partly correct there Bev... Actually 192 on the 15th Dec before cruise and 194 now makes a 2lb gain but never-the-less not at all bad really... and thanks for pointing out my miscalculations anyway.

Evening Em,

I hope you had a good day. I'm doing okay on day 2 of my plan.

Back