2015 and It's Now or Never!

Still feeling rather iffy and this blessed catarrh is driving me mad! Got the rest of my unpacking done and washing up to date after getting up fairly early for me so an early night is most probably on the cards. .. and SO bloomin' cold too!

It is extra cold tonight. I'm freezing.

Evening Emm (of should that be early morning as it almost 4am here!)
Hope you are feeling better now and great job on getting all the unpacking done.
I'm off to the UK later so won't be around until Monday as I'm not taking laptop with me - so I haven't abandoned you, I'm just not here!

It's cold here and I can't get warm - so how I'll go on in the UK gawd alone knows.
I'm packing lots of layers!

Evening Em,

I hope you're okay.

Sunday 11th January 2015

Still not particularly with it.... lots of coughing and back problem being bl$$dy awful to boot!
Just having a real vent at the mo' so concentration caps on y'all!..

Had a letter re the annual gas servicing of the boiler which is always a morning appointment so phoned to re-arrange and made an afternoon one instead. Day comes and nobody arrives and it's getting near to 5pm where I usually phone to find out if they are coming and someone will turn up within 10mins or so but this year I decided I wasn't going to with the result no service call. Being very annoyed I decided I wasn't going to re-arrange another app and left it only to find that they called while I was out one day and left their card. Next thing I get a letter stating that as I had missed my appointment they would be calling at another date which they stated... morning of course! I phoned them and was extremely annoyed letting them know how unreliable they were in no uncertain terms.. and to call between 2 & 3pm and I would not be waiting in any longer than that. He arrives at said time.. proceeds to do the work and is in my sitting room where I am watching TV when his phone rings whereupon he has an in depth conversation about everything under the sun in quite a loud voice so I told him quite firmly to take his call outside!
That done and service completed I then find the next day there's no hot water and another call to Gasway to get it seen to... Today.. no hot water again .. another service man who looks at the boiler and then all the radiators and announces he's found the fault and it needs a new part which he just doesn't happen to have on his van so he'll have to call again tomorrow and not to worry if it's around 5pm as they are all very busy!
Now in my usual negative response I feel I'm being got at 'cos I should have kept my big mouth shut and put up with all their trivial antics in the first place!

Morning Em,

I doubt they're messing you. It's just a run of bad luck and typical "customer no service". I hope it gets sorted soon. Is your heat working? (I hope)

Morning Emm,

I doubt they're messing you. It's just a run of bad luck and typical "customer no service". I hope it gets sorted soon. Is your heat working? (I hope)

Morning Mel,

Thankfully heating is working today.. and do hope you are right about the service situation. I shall be gutted if no one arrives today..we shall see.

Monday 12th January 2015

Weight today 192.8lbs so that's just over a pound loss which is good... quite content with that at this stage. I have been logging all my food as usual on MFP and my counts have been pretty good.

Morning Mel,

Thankfully heating is working today.. and do hope you are right about the service situation. I shall be gutted if no one arrives today..we shall see.

Service engineer came back at about 6.45pm when I was in the process of concocting a letter to the manager about his staff .. :D .. all things back to normal..HOORAY!!

Trying to cut down on my pain meds as I have got to a stage where I am constantly dozing off at every possible moment as soon as I sit down which is ridiculous! Plus it won't help in getting my sytem working so I can lose some more of this weight. If I could just get down to 168lbs which is 12stone I would be quite happy but that's another 24lbs.. :sigh: .. Oh well.. you never know.. I might just do it this year!!

I agree with Mel, it isn't a campaign against you - just not very good service.
In Spain you can't agree a time at all foe a service - only a day. They phone you 30 minutes beforehand to let you know they're on their way.
That's a real pain as it means you have to available for the whole day.
And it's taken 3 visits to get our boiler sorted out.
3 visits to get the dishwasher sorted out too.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Evening Em,

Math is not my forte - but I think that's 2 pounds a month. You can do that! :)

I glad things are getting sorted. It's gotten really cold here.

. . . Math is not my forte - but I think that's 2 pounds a month. You can do that! :)

Absoliutley right Mel - you can certainly do 2 lbs a month Emm.

Morning Em!

Freaking cold here - but sunny. I'll take that over gloomy and mild.

I hope you're having a good day.

Morning Emm!

Freaking cold here - but sunny. I'll take that over gloomy and mild.

I hope you're having a good day.

Same weather here Mel and the cold is playing havoc with my feet .. they are like blocks of ice no matter what I do!:sigh:

Apart from that I have had quite a good day thanks.

Went to the U3A Sewing group yesterday and was quite surprised that it consisted of just five of us and that's including the person who's house it was. One of the women I had met at the "Good Old Days" group who had talked incessantly and did likewise again. ... but at least she informed me that it wasn't always just a lot of singing which is great.
At the sewing session we were given the materials and started off on a little patchwork place mat which I was delighted with as it's something I have wanted to do for ages. Hoping that I will get to making a nice bed cover eventually.

Having a bit of a problem with a bank payment to a catalogue company. It's rather strange that I set up their banking details on my account and paid an amount in November which went thro' successfully but my payment in December has gone adrift. Sent them an email with attached bank details which they apparently couldn't open so the saga continues.

At least I have my emails back now. TalkTalk had problems with their server and I couldn't get my emails from Dec 1st until I got back on the 29th.. then found 133 messages which is minimal to what some have had.

Food menu gone fairly well and kept to my calorie allowance but I shall be working on reducing the carbs come Feb.

Morning Em,

I'd love to see your project when you've finished. You sure get out and about a lot - that's very good.

Low carb works best for me.

Morning Emm,

I'd love to see your project when you've finished. You sure get out and about a lot - that's very good.

Low carb works best for me.

I will post a pic once it's finished but tbh it's really nothing special and I have rather defeated the purpose of patchwork as I used all the same fabric. Most probably I will try to finish it off with some decorative stitching to highlight the patches.

Been so blinkin' cold today and I did say to myself last night I was going to incorporate some type of leg exercises to get the circulation in my legs and feet a lot better and hopefully help them to warm up a bit but as per usual I woke up in agony and my intentions got somewhat lost along the way!.. Oh well..always tomorrow!

Ate far too much bread today.. toast, toast and more toast!!
Need I say more.. :sigh:

Friday 16th January 2015

Funny awful night again... snoozed in chair for half an hour at about 10.30 in the evening and woke up feeling very tired so went off to bed trying to remain half asleep but as you might guess as soon as I touched the pillow I was wide awake.
Got up again and had a shower and played a couple of games of scrabble on my Nintendo. Suitably dozy once again I crawled back to bed, slept for about 2hrs and then wide awake until 6am this morning when I got up and lay on the settee and snoozed until 10am.
Went out to lunch at Morrisons and had the roast chicken, got the key for a scooter and went round the store where I fell prey to a bag of liquorice toffees of which the whole 23 have been seen to.. :eek: .. I'll never get that stone off at this rate!

Very curious email from Kays catalogue.. I bought my TV for the bedroom off the catalogue for £279. I paid £100 on October 18th, £79 on November 19th, £60 on December 7th and £40 on January 15th which in my book totals the £279 paid but they say I am £79 in credit and do I want that returned to me by cheque? :confused:
That's after a long list of errors they have made which I have been trying to get them to sort out.

Emmaline;7692677[COLOR=#2f4f4f said:
. . .Having a bit of a problem with a bank payment to a catalogue company. It's rather strange that I set up their banking details on my account and paid an amount in November which went thro' successfully but my payment in December has gone adrift. Sent them an email with attached bank details which they apparently couldn't open so the saga continues.

Contact your bank and ask them to do a full trace of where the money has gone.

. . . Very curious email from Kays catalogue.. I bought my TV for the bedroom off the catalogue for £279. I paid £100 on October 18th, £79 on November 19th, £60 on December 7th and £40 on January 15th which in my book totals the £279 paid but they say I am £79 in credit and do I want that returned to me by cheque? :confused:
That's after a long list of errors they have made which I have been trying to get them to sort out.

Yes please to the cheque. If they can't get their account right, just grab it back.

Last edited:
Contact your bank and ask them to do a full trace of where the money has gone.

Yes please to the cheque. If they can't get their account right, just grab it back.

I did check with the bank who said that it went through okay.
Fact is I set up the account in my bank details and the £79 was paid that way which was received okay so why would they not get the following £60!

Must admit I have replied with correct details re the £79 but that's their last chance!
They added a £12 fee for a late payment then took it off and then put it back on again.. honestly I wonder who the heck is in charge with their books!.. :confused:
.. Ridiculous!

I did check with the bank who said that it went through okay.
The bank are only saying that the payment left your bank account - not that it reached the intended recipient.
You need to get them to do a FULL trace. This way you will get confirmation that it went to the ontended recipient.
Doesn't matter that previos payments got ther - this one might not have.

Are these the same people though that are saying you are £79 in credit?
If so tell them to get real!

The bank are only saying that the payment left your bank account - not that it reached the intended recipient.
You need to get them to do a FULL trace. This way you will get confirmation that it went to the ontended recipient.
Doesn't matter that previos payments got ther - this one might not have.

Are these the same people though that are saying you are £79 in credit?
If so tell them to get real!

It has been traced now by K&co who said that I had entered the wrong sort code when I set it up but then why would they have received the first payment?.. Doesn't make sense that!
Phoning the bank costs me a fair bit and (not wanting to be "off" in my remarks) but they are usually foreign people who I have great difficulty in understanding which is very frustrating and ends up being twice as long on the phone.
K&co are saying my account is now £79 in credit...
I took the banking info from an email they sent in reply to my request for it but can't find that to show them which is very annoying.
I'll wait and see what their response is now.

Thanks for your help Bev.
.............................................................................................................................
Unfortuantly you used incorrect details to make your payments the sortcode used was the banks 57.17.10 & not

telephone banking 62.30.29 and account and reference used was **catalogue** I have sent you the correct details

for future payments.
.......................................................................................................................
Copy of message received ..(great spelling hey?!!)

Last edited:
Back