2015 and It's Now or Never!

Saturday 21st February 2015

It's been a good day.. not done anything much apart from trawling t'internet.
Did hear ALL the C&W music which was very good.. and the following prog "The Garden Party" was hilarious as usual.
Wanted to find some more large 340ml china mugs and I was surprised at how many ads don't quote the capacity of them. I bought a pack of 1/2 dozen only to find they were quite small.

Had a good look thro' lots of Facebook pages to find the birthdays of all my great grand children as I think I will try to send them birthday cards and a little something as well in future.

Menu's gone well except those blessed carbs are soo hard to control! :argh:
I really want to try to keep them to under 100.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Bread 31g + Butter 5g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Orange large 1
Dinner - Fish Pie + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 90g + Garden Peas 80g
Supper - Rachel's Taste Explorer yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1307 Carbs 145 SatFat 22 Protein 71 Sodium 784 Fibre 23

Blimey, sounds like you definitely needed the sleep!

I think it's a combination of all the disturbed nights I've had plus the build up of the meds.. do feel so much better for it tho' I must admit.

Hi Emm - hope all is well - just popped in to say hello before I go pack for my work trip. Have a good week

Hope you had a good day too Carol.

Yesterday .. Sunday 22nd February.. I got up quite late again but went out for lunch arriving at Morrisons about 1.30 and was pleased that they still had some roast chicken left.. so that's what I had. Then went into Hobbycraft to see if they had some iron on embroidery patterns but they don't seem to do them these days. Did find a couple of places online that had some which look just what I want so they're on there way to me now.
Downloaded some very nice flower patterns which are just "traceable" ones but will have to find out what or how to do that when it comes to the actual putting them to the material to embroider..

View attachment daisies-art-needlework.pdf
..View attachment hanging-flowers.pdf.. View attachment openwork-flower.pdf.. View attachment rose-on-stem.pdf

It's taken me a while to decide on what to make next in my sewing group and these are going to be put onto squares to make a patchwork cushion cover along with parts of a lovely cotton two piece I still have from when I was very young... really looking forward to doing that.

Counts were: Cals 1211 Carbs 134 SatFat 17 Protein 76 Sodium 1101 Fibre 11

Monday 23rd February 2015

Up very late again.. just in time for lunch!
Still really cold but again nice and sunny. . :gen125:

Weight still the same but I'm very thankful that at least it hasn't gone up.

Sewing forum gave me some advice on using the prints.. good job I still have some carbon paper stored away somewhere.. I knew it would come in handy one day..:D

Managed to keep the carbs just a bit lower today.. Yay!

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread 31g + Cheese 41g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Brazil Nuts 35g
Dinner - Fish Pie + Cabbage 100g + Carrots 75g
Supper - Rachel's Taster Yogurts 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1253 Carbs 98 SatFat 33 Protein 60 Sodium 1402 Fibre 13

Hi Emm - passing through again - meant to be on here every day but I just don't seem to get the time just now. Just back from a (working) trip to the Hebrides - it was cold, wet, and horrible weather and I managed to stick to my plan.

C

Hi Emm - passing through again - meant to be on here every day but I just don't seem to get the time just now. Just back from a (working) trip to the Hebrides - it was cold, wet, and horrible weather and I managed to stick to my plan.

C

Expect you're glad to be back home Carol.. Take care of yourself.

Wednesday 25th February 2015

Been quite busy today and now have a massive headache so I'm off to bed now as it does seem very much like a migraine which I haven't had in years.

Security alarm system has been upgraded and now have to change the screws to fit into the back so it will hang properly.

I'll update all my info tomorrow..

. . .

Sewing forum gave me some advice on using the prints.. good job I still have some carbon paper stored away somewhere.. I knew it would come in handy one day..:D

Blumin' 'eck to still having carbon paper.
Psssst - I have to admit to having some too :8855:

Wednesday 26th February 2015

Quite a good day... got the security system box hung on the wall properly and whilst I was moving my little side table/cupboard I gave it a good clean as well.
Also had to swop over the water filter cartridge again as the one I bought (for £24.40!) appears to have been used IMO as there was no initial carbon emission on the first water flush. .. I shall be returning it as a faulty item.

Had spring onions with my salad tonight and I guess they will be repeating on me for some time now..

Counts yesterday were pretty good so well pleased with that.
Cals 1348 Carbs 92 Sodium 2050

Today:
Carbs a bit high again as I needed to take painkillers twice today which meant my eating something first hence the 4 Biscuits.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Cheese 50g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 4
Dinner - Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + Celery + Salad Cream 30g
Supper - Rachel's Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1310 Carbs 138 SatFat 21 Protein 54 Sodium 2029 Fibre 14

Saturday 28th February 2015

I have to confess that today's effort has been quite dismally dismaying.. in other words positively and utterly appallingly NIL!
I bought a loaf of bread from Tesco yesterday called a ploughman's cob which had small slithers of tomato and other bits and pieces in it and was really soft and scrumptious and I ate at least 3/4 of it smothered with butter today!.. Say no more! At the mo' I'm feeling somewhat bloated and no doubt tomorrow it will be having other awful side effects..(ahem!) Serves me right for being such a glutton!
I shall try to drink as much water as poss for the rest of today which is proving very difficult as I do not have a water filter for my under sink system altho' thankfully I found I had not disposed of my filter jug after all my clearing out efforts.
To be continued tomorrow! .. :D .. :sigh:

Sunday 1st March 2015

Everything is just dandy today and I've been busy sorting out all my invoices and filing them, gathering info about other things such as increasing the size of my computer speakers so they are louder..I listen to a lot of YouTube stuff.
I didn't go to sleep until quite late so woke up at 10.30 which is normal for me anyway... and not much aches either..Yay!

Menus have gone well and I had one of the freezer meals I had made.. chicken korma with some rice which was delish.

Breakfast - Digestive Biscuits 2
Lunch - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 25g
Dinner - Chicken Korma (homemade) + Rice 70g
Supper - Rachel's Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1199 Carbs 124 SatFat 17 Protein 61 Sodium 874 Fibre 6

Hi Em,
I am returning after a few months AWOL. Sorry to hear you are not having a good day. Sending cyber hugs your way. xxx

((( Hugs ))) from me too. Hope tomorrow is better

Back