2015 and It's Now or Never!

Hi Emm,
I am returning after a few months AWOL. Sorry to hear you are not having a good day. Sending cyber hugs your way. xxx

Hi MW nice to see you and thanks for the visit.

Hugs from me too xx

Thankyou Nomad.

Hi,
Subscribing :)
hope your day got better and you feel better :)

Thanks for subscribing Zafira... and for the good wishes too.

((( Hugs ))) from me too. Hope tomorrow is better

Morning Emm, hope you have a better day today x

Morning Emm

Hope you are feeling better this morning x

Afternoon Emm,

Just popping in for a catch up like I said I would.

Hope your feeling better today. You know where to find me if you want a chat. :)

Stay away from that bread. Morrisons have tiger bread half price. One nearly fell in my basket today but I was too quick for it.:D

Thanks so much Bev, Carol, Nomad and Mary.. it's very heartening to have your nice thoughts for me.

I am feeling a bit better altho' my spasms of bursting into tears at any given moment have not subsided.
Went to the docs today.. and I have a very nice one now...the trouble is that I have been having terrible burning sensation after having a pee which doc says is most probably an infection so I have to take in a sample and then I may get some antib's.. perhaps that's why I'm feeling so down at the mo'.
I have managed to keep to my diet and as usual I so feel very much better for it too...AND I must try to drink a lot more.

Counts are: Cals 1316 Carbs 99 SatFat 17 Protein 62 Sodium 1588 Fibre 14

Drinking lots of water will probably help if you have a 'water' infection.
It's horrible when we have these 'down' times of just wanting to burst into tears, hope you feel better soon x

Just wondering....is there a particular reason why you are calculating carbs/satfat/protein/sodium/fibre as well as calories ?

Evening Emm - burning sensation can often be a sign of cystitis too - which in itself can be caused by a bladder infection.
Are you also getting an urgent need to go for a wee but when you get there it's hard to go ?

And Zafira's right, drink as much plain water as you can to flush things through (which will probably make you want to go even more :) )

Info on NHS Choices is

Cystitis can occur at any age, but it is more common in:

• pregnant women
  • sexually active women
  • women who have been through the menopause

Treating cystitis

Mild cystitis usually clears up within a few days. You can treat it at home by drinking plenty of water and taking painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen. It can also help if you do not have sex until it's cleared up as sex can make cystitis worse.
More severe cystitis may need treatment with antibiotics.

Well I have to assume that you aren't pregnant :8855:
Although I wouldn't be so impertinent to ask about your sex life :8855:

Drinking lots of water will probably help if you have a 'water' infection.
It's horrible when we have these 'down' times of just wanting to burst into tears, hope you feel better soon x

Just wondering....is there a particular reason why you are calculating carbs/satfat/protein/sodium/fibre as well as calories ?

Calories and carbs are my main weight gain problems Zafira, SatFat for keeping an eye on cholesterol, sodium to help with the high blood pressure problem and fibre for the bowel assistance which tbh is never enough as is the lack of drinking enough water. I find when I win on one the others go down the chute!

Evening Emm - burning sensation can often be a sign of cystitis too - which in itself can be caused by a bladder infection.
Are you also getting an urgent need to go for a wee but when you get there it's hard to go ?

And Zafira's right, drink as much plain water as you can to flush things through (which will probably make you want to go even more :)
Well I have to assume that you aren't pregnant :8855:
Although I wouldn't be so impertinent to ask about your sex life :8855:

Definitely not cystitis Bev. I had that numerous times when I was young and the children were small.
Many's the time my Sandra had to go round to the phone box which was in the next street to phone for the doc when she was only just 5yo! She often had people tell her off because they thought she was just messing about with it.

Errm..no.. not preggers ..thank god!
...and as for the other.. a chance would be great! :giggle:

Good you went to the Dr's and not just google what could be wrong.It's the worse thing to do as some many people give so much wrong advice on the internet.Best to let the Dr sort you out.Water infections are horrid.Hopefully a course of antib's will sort you out.

Good that you have kept to you diet.And keep drinking. :)

I agree with you on the Googling Mary.. can't be too careful when it comes to health problems.

Feeling slightly better today and my cleaning lady comes in a mo' so a bit of a chat will be nice.
Will take my sample ..or is that specimen? .. down to the surgery later and apart from that I wont be doing anything..

...and as for the other.. a chance would be great! :giggle:
Both our mums reckon it would be too much blumin hassle to have a man in their life now.
They both enjoy their peace and quiet.

Glad it's not cystitis as that can be absolutely dreadful to clear up.
I have a friend who gets severe recurrent episodes and it absolutely flattens her.
UTIs can be just as hard to clear (mum is now into her 2nd year of recurrent UTI's) so lets hope the doc gets you on some anti-b's soon and they clear it up.

Both our mums reckon it would be too much blumin hassle to have a man in their life now.
They both enjoy their peace and quiet.

Glad it's not cystitis as that can be absolutely dreadful to clear up.
I have a friend who gets severe recurrent episodes and it absolutely flattens her.
UTIs can be just as hard to clear (mum is now into her 2nd year of recurrent UTI's) so lets hope the doc gets you on some anti-b's soon and they clear it up.

I must admit I wouldn't have the patience now for anyone in my home now at all.

I used to have it very bad and would bleed because of it too... VERY painful!

Sounds like a 'tricky' plan to keep to :)

Hope your day has been good :)

That's very true Zafira and it's usually the carbs that come off worse.

Did you take your specimen to the Dr's Emm? :)

Specimen taken yesterday afternoon as soon as my home help left.

Thursday 5th March 2015

Lay in bed for quite a while this morning, just couldn't face getting up..and whilst I try not to moan on and on about my back pain I think that having had a lot of it just lately hasn't helped my state of mind.
I was thinking about my need to drink much more and when sitting watching TV or at the comp. the thought of having to go to get another drink means more agony to put up with and sometimes things have settled down and moving means triggering it all off again!.. :sigh:

I did manage to go out again this afternoon as I had ordered a 1st birthday card for my great grandson and had wondered whether it would get here in time so really delighted that it came today and I went out and posted it.

Counts reasonably okay altho' again carbs are too high!

Cals 1221 Carbs 134 SatFat 19 Protein 82 Sodium 1821 Fibre 12

Let's hope they get you some antibiotics sorted out soon Em. Ref the drinking - could you fill a bottle or jug, maybe add some ice, and work through that, instead of having to get up to refill your glass?

Let's hope they get you some antibiotics sorted out soon Emm. Ref the drinking - could you fill a bottle or jug, maybe add some ice, and work through that, instead of having to get up to refill your glass?

Good to read you took your specimen.:)

I know what you mean about not wanting to move when your comfy and it will trigger things off if you do.

Have you thought about having a couple of small bottles beside you? Then you only have to refill them a couple of times a day.

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions MW and Mary. I have made myself remember to do that!
No good moaning about these things and then not doing anything positive about it so I put several bottles on my table when I was reasonably okay and it has proved to be a great help...today I am feeling so much better thank goodness.
Beautiful sun shining in my sitting room and it's not as cold either..just as they forecast!..Yay!

That's good to hear Em. Glad you are feeling better. Maybe spring is really on the way - lovely day today!

That's good to hear Em. Glad you are feeling better. Maybe spring is really on the way - lovely day today!

I guess the coming of spring is just what we all need, hey?

Sunday 8th March 2015

Had a good talking to myself this morning as my old negative "poor me" is becoming far too prominent just lately!
Watching a prog the other night where someone was visiting people who had managed to get to the USA from their war torn country (not good at remembering very much detail tbh!) but this man who was beaming with content having made it across okay and I then realised he had no arms as they had been blown off!
..and their idea of a lovely home was a tin hut with no running water etc.

Bought a patchwork pack of tools which included a mat for cutting on but it really smells awful. I do have an aversion to perfumes and scents and smells but this is so strong that I've put it outside in the hallway hoping that eventually it will go away (the smell I mean .. not the mat.. :giggle:)

Such a nice surprise to hear from my younger D this afternoon and we had such a lovely chat altho' she isn't too well at the mo' either. Was so pleased that she said she is looking forward to my visit in June when I shall be going to see "Take That"... hopefully I will be able to see my newest great grandson as well who was 1yo yesterday.

Spent a lot of time today tidying up my computer .. getting stuff deleted that I don't need anymore.
Just another filing job really... which I love doing.. everything in it's place is my motto.

Menus gone well and am pleased with the fact that I've kept my carbs fairly low.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Salad + Cheese 50g
Snack - Alpro Blueberry Yogurt 125g
Dinner - Salmon fillet baked + B.Sprouts 80g Carrot 68g + Kraft L.Thousand Isle Dressing
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1209 Carbs 84 SatFat 21 Protein 71 Sodium 1090 Fibre 14

It sometimes helps when we hear of others 'worse off' than us, when we are feeling sorry for ourselves :)

That's something good to look forward to seeing your family and 'take that'(bet they will be good :D)

I have so much on my pc....wouldn't know where to start in tidying it up ! :D

Not only do I have loads on my PC but 2 almost full external hard drives as well!
I hate getting rid of stuff, so I just archive it every year - so my archives continue to grow.
I really must get rid of some of it . . . it dates back to 2003 when I ran my own business :eek:
I closed the company in 2006 when we moved here so the 7-year rule for the IR and Companies House has well and truly passed.

Hope you've had a good day Emm

Last edited:
It sometimes helps when we hear of others 'worse off' than us, when we are feeling sorry for ourselves :)

That's something good to look forward to seeing your family and 'take that'(bet they will be good :D)

I have so much on my pc....wouldn't know where to start in tidying it up ! :D

The Take That visit makes me smile as both of my D's plus the grand kids have been to see Lionel Ritchie who was popular in my early days but I'm going to see the younger band!

Not only do I have loads on my PC but 2 almost full external hard drives as well!
I hate getting rid of stuff, so I just archive it every year - so my archives continue to grow.
I really must get rid of some of it . . . it dates back to 2003 when I ran my own business :eek:
I closed the company in 2006 when we moved here so the 7-year rule for the IR and Companies House has well and truly passed.

Hope you've had a good day Emm

Gosh.. that's some hoard there! It sort of piles up when you're not looking doesn't it?

Tuesday 10th March 2015

The cutting board I have decided to send back as it's still as pongy as ever. Amazon are very good about accepting returns which is great.

Sewing group this afternoon. I had debated as to whether to go again as I felt rather like a spare part last time but obviously it must have been just how I was feeling then as today was great and very enjoyable. We made some little patchwork purses which are so sweet. I still have to finish mine off which I'm looking forward to doing.

Had to grab a yogurt for lunch as I left everything to the last minute again so after the group I called in at a health food café/shop and had a bowl of tomato and celery soup with a slice of real wholemeal bread which was so delish.

Breakfast - Allbran 30g + Milk SS 100ml
Lunch - Alpro Cherry Yogurt 100ml
Snack - Twix small 1
Dinner - Spicy Tomato & Celery Soup 300g + Bread 100g + Butter 5g
Supper - Kingsmill Crumpet 1 + Cheese 14g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1343 Carbs 188 SatFat 25 Protein 49 Sodium 1493 Fibre 25

Last edited:
Hey Emm. It's been a while! Good to see you're still going strong :). Have a good day.

Good to see you Caroline..

Wednesday 11th March 2015

Had quite an early start for a change.

Been very busy and got my washing up to date, packed up the pongy cutting board after retrieving all the packing from the bin bag, sorted some more paper work and ordered some new underwear.

Received a hand held steamer that I had ordered but find that it's very heavy...altho' it's possible that it's just me and my inability to lift anything of any weight. I shall keep it until my home help comes and see what she thinks about it.

Phone call from Sandra today after getting an email yesterday about one of her dogs who has now got a tumour which is terminal.. so she is beside herself with the thought that she may have to decide when or whether it needs to be put to sleep. Was able to have a good chat with her so I'm hopeful that it helped her a little bit today. I've sent her an early mother's day bunch of flowers.

I had cooked a couple of salmon fillets on Sunday last and was debating as to whether it would be safe to eat the other one tonight but having felt uneasy about it I decided to go on the safe side and throw it away. I've eaten stuff before because I don't like "wasting" things but it's ridiculous to end up being sick after eating something that has gone a bit off! So had a breaded cod fillet instead which has now put my carbs up rather a lot more than I like!!

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Cheese 34g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Decaf Coffee 1.8g + Milk 140ml + Sugar 3g
Dinner - Cod Fillet breaded 125g + Peas 100g + Mash 30g + Tomato Ketchup 20g
Supper - Alpro Blueberry 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1302 Carbs 161 SatFat 14 Protein 62 Sodium 1799 Fibre 16

Sorry to hear about Sandra's dog Em, it's always a difficult decision to have to make about pets.

Probably wise to throw the salmon away - better safe than sorry as you say.

Probably wise to throw the salmon away - better safe than sorry as you say.

It was a good decision as I realised that I had coated it with mayonnaise so if the fish wasn't off then the mayonnaise would have been!

Yesterday Thursday 12th March 2015

I went out for lunch.. Morrisons of course.. and then Hobbycraft where I bought a cutting board for my patchwork. Then the Post Office to send back the pongy one to Amazon.. post office being in a Co-op store I weakened at the last hurdle and bought a pack of milk chocolate peanuts which were delicious but then I got a REALLY bad headache .. worst I've had in a long time! That was def a migraine and tbh I was worried about the effect on my kidneys especially being Db!
I am going to make a much better effort to keep off the sugary stuff from now on altho' knowing my "better efforts" they don't seem to last very long! If only there was something that would make a difference to this rather negative attitude, even the thought of kidney failure doesn't seem to hold any terrifying thoughts despite the fact that it could be a possibility!

Having just looked at the symptoms of kidney failure the outlook doesn't sound too good as I already have several of these.. :eek:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Kidney-disease-chronic/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Friday 13th March 2015

Got up very early today so I'm quite amazed that I haven't had to have a nap!

Been busy sorting the stuff in my bedroom again and am pleased that the big shelf is now tidy and awaiting a curtain to finish it off.

Booked my train tickets to Sheffield in June.. £40.80 all told so not too bad.
It's so difficult to get into Norwich train station and parking there is the pits anyway so it's great to be able to do it online.

Menus have gone well altho' once again carbs too bloomin' high!!

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Bread 31g + Butter 5g
Snack - Orange large 1 + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Fish Pie homemade + Carrots 71g + B.Sprouts 68g
Supper -[STRIKE] Alpro Blueberry Yogurt 125g[/STRIKE] Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals [STRIKE]1372[/STRIKE]1423 Carbs [STRIKE]151[/STRIKE]158 SatFat [STRIKE]26[/STRIKE]27 Protein [STRIKE]65[/STRIKE]62 Sodium[STRIKE] 915 [/STRIKE]1007 Fibre [STRIKE]19[/STRIKE]

Too tired to fiddle about with a yogurt pot so had biscuits instead! .. :sigh:

Last edited:
Saturday 14th March 2015

Very much awake practically all night.
Had a shower about 5am and went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours and then awake again in good time to hear my C&W music on the radio.

Finally got round to making spinach soup which I've been planning to do for at least a week or more. Unfortunately the cream I had bought for the "half & half" had gone mouldy so I'll most probably just add a dollop of crème fraiche before eating it. Just have to do the liquidising bit now to finish it off.

Everything else has gone well and kept to my counts well too.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Crumpet 1 + Cheese 25g
Snack - Ham 50g
Dinner - Salmon canned 120g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Alpro Blueberry Yogurt 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1171 Carbs 91 SatFat 12 Protein 68 Sodium 1836 Fibre 10

Back