2015 and It's Now or Never!

Sunday 15th March 2015

Back pain been a bit of a problem today so I haven't done anything much apart from liquidising the spinach soup which now looks absolutely ghastly! (Like something from the sewer! .. :D )

Phone call from my friend Jo who moved to Bury a few years back. She will be having a bit of a break from looking after her grandchildren over Easter so hopefully we'll be able to have a meet up then.

Kept to good menus so am well pleased.

Breakfast - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 125g
Lunch - Salmon canned 45g + S.Cream 15g + Bread 2 slices 31g each + Butter 5g
Snacks - Orange 1 + Ham 65g
Dinner - Bacon baked 51g + Eggs poached 2 + Garden Peas 80g + Mash 30g
Supper - Cream Crackers 2 + Butter 5g + Cheese 15g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1363 Carbs 96 SatFat 17 Protein 79 Sodium 2080 Fibre 18

Hope your back feels better soon, horrible thing to have. x (i get back pain + aches now and again-case of worn out lower discs:sigh:)
Lol @ your soup!....i can imagine!

Is your friend in Bury st Edmunds?
i used to live in Suffolk (moved down south in 2010)
and know up around that way quite well, have friends in Norwich :)

Hope your back feels better soon, horrible thing to have. x (i get back pain + aches now and again-case of worn out lower discs:sigh:)
Lol @ your soup!....i can imagine!

Is your friend in Bury st Edmunds?
i used to live in Suffolk (moved down south in 2010)
and know up around that way quite well, have friends in Norwich :)

Back pain is an on going thing I'm afraid.. I'm sb with Ankylosing spondylitis which flares up from time to time...Continual pain is so tiring isn't it?

My friend used to live in Norwich but moved near to Bury St Edmunds in order to look after her daughters children so she could go to work.

Personally I've lived all over the place... did some wandering when my OH left home (yippee!) and got quite used to living in bedsits as well. Lots of great memories.

Monday 16th March 2015

Lost just 1.2lbs but at last it's a loss!

Very busy today. Went for lunch at Morrisons then came all the way back near home as I had forgotten to go to the bank first..Tesco was the next call to get some light bulbs but they didn't have any of the sort I needed so went to Asda.. None there..and eventually got them at B&Q next door. Seems that there are very few bayonet type ones now and lots of these halogen ones which I consider to be far too bright.

As is my usual after all this exercise I'm absolutely done in and so I'm off to bed.

Well done on the loss Em. Sounds like a very busy day!

lol @ your OH and the wandering- sounds good :)
I find there's very little old style bulbs about now- all seem to be the 'energy-saving' ones, which is good on one aspect ....

Well done on the loss too! :)

Morning Emm - just catching up with your diary. Well done on the 1.2lb

I cannot look at any symptoms online - I am such a hypochondriac I have myself dead before I've half read the first page :)

Used to love sewing - including patchwork in the days when I had more time - I even made a lot of my own clothes back then and all the curtains when we moved to this house at first. One of the hobbies I have ear marked for retirement (if that ever happens :))

Well done on the loss Emm. Sounds like a very busy day!

lol @ your OH and the wandering- sounds good :)
I find there's very little old style bulbs about now- all seem to be the 'energy-saving' ones, which is good on one aspect ....

Well done on the loss too! :)

Thanks MW and Zafira.

Morning Emm - just catching up with your diary. Well done on the 1.2lb

I cannot look at any symptoms online - I am such a hypochondriac I have myself dead before I've half read the first page :)

Used to love sewing - including patchwork in the days when I had more time - I even made a lot of my own clothes back then and all the curtains when we moved to this house at first. One of the hobbies I have ear marked for retirement (if that ever happens :))

The patchwork and sewing was something I had kept in mind for my retirement years too..only thing is it's taken me a while to get round to it.

Tuesday 17th March 2015

Latest on the back pain problem is that I woke up a couple of times during the night as it was so bad and had to take codeine tablets. Thought I might have to end up taking a dose of morphine but it did subside enough not to warrant that but I have struggled thro' the day today so not done a lot apart from putting my candlewick bedspread in the wash and doing a little bit of tidying up.

Kept to reasonable menus.

Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 10g
Lunch - Cheese 52g + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Snack - Cream Crackers 3 + L.C. Cheese 1
Dinner - Bacon baked 68g + B. Sprouts 68 Carrot 70 + Peas 106g + Mash 20g + Tomato Ketchup 20g
Supper - Alpro Blueberry Yogurt 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1132 Carbs 107 SatFat 22 Protein 55 Sodium 1908 Fibre 16

Wednesday 18th March 2015

Fairly good night and was up in good time to get things sorted before my home help arrived.
Nice chat with her as usual and she put in the new light bulbs so everything bright now.

Back pain has at last subsided considerably which is a blessing.

Menus good as well altho' keeping my carbs below 100 is very difficult I find.

Breakfast - Alpro Cherry Yogurt 125g
Lunch - Eggs hardboiled 2 + Cheese 50g + Salad + Salad Cream 25g
Snacks - Banana small 1 + Digestive Biscuit 1
Dinner - Mash 25g + Baked Beans 180g
Supper - Alpro Blueberry Yogurt 125g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1087 Carbs 107 SatFat 19 Protein 55 Sodium 1583 Fibre 17

Glad you're back pain has eased off

Have you tried adding 'more' vegetables to your meals?....(you seem to have salad and similar vegetables often)
as in a bit more variety of veg also?
That can be quite filling, and if you like seasoning there is season-all and such like to add flavour
Just giving you an idea

. . . Menus good as well altho' keeping my carbs below 100 is very difficult I find.
Emm - have you looked at having lower carb fruit than a Banana?
A small apple, or 100g grapes, or 100g fresh kiwi is about half the carbs of a banana.
And 100g of strawberries are just 8 carbs instead of the 30 for a banana.

Just an idea.

Glad you're back pain has eased off

Have you tried adding 'more' vegetables to your meals?....(you seem to have salad and similar vegetables often)
as in a bit more variety of veg also?
That can be quite filling, and if you like seasoning there is season-all and such like to add flavour
Just giving you an idea

Emm - have you looked at having lower carb fruit than a Banana?
A small apple, or 100g grapes, or 100g fresh kiwi is about half the carbs of a banana.
And 100g of strawberries are just 8 carbs instead of the 30 for a banana.

Just an idea.

Suggestions much appreciated... I do tend to get into a rut with these things.

Thursday 19th March 2015

Opticians app and all was well. Made me smile that after the examination I could see the optometrist working out his next step and as I already have all the conceivable ones necessary.. driving specs, night driving specs, sunglasses for driving, long distance specs, reading specs, bifocals and computer specs!.. so what others could I possibly need?..so he said "Would you like me to update all your glasses?".. Errm.. no thanks..:D

As I had gone out on Monday when I coat was barely necessary and I had put on my thick one and sweated like mad I decided to put on my light mac and froze to the bone! That wind was so bitterly cold and I was only too pleased to get back home indoors.
Snack and bed was the usual and once again slept and slept!
I had watched The Wright Stuff in the morning and they were talking about M.E. which still holds the stigma that people are just being lazy and they also commented on the fatigue that is part and parcel of those that suffer from that and rheumatoid arthritis so no doubt this is the reason.

Friday 20th March 2015

So today I had to go for my diabetic check up and it turns out that not only am I in agony with the pain in my hip/back but I put on my thick coat and it's too warm again!.. can't win!
Db check shows that my cholesterol is up.. must cut back on these chocolate binges.. and bp is quite high as well but methinks most prob due to being in a lot of pain.
She agreed with my weight calculations in that I have put on at least 7lbs since last time. :sigh:

Couldn't wait to get back home to take a dose of morphine in fact I had to talk to myself all the way in order to keep going.
Food totally up the creek over these last two days!

Opticians & other places will try to get more money out of us somehow :)

Perhaps you need and 'in-between' coat :D
Sorry to hear about the pain & your checks not being so good -including the weight gain:(

Perhaps you could have a good think about your diet and perhaps try some different meals/foods?

It may help :)

Sorry about the pain Emm - it's not nice being in constant pain (as I can vouch for over the last 3 weeks).

You need to get that cholesterol and BP down Mrs.
And if you're diabetic then you really ought not to be having sugary chocolate and biscuits. But you already know that, don't you?
Do you take pills for cholesterol and BP?
If so talk to your doc about bananas & pineapple.
Mum was advised to stay off them as they react with some of the cholesterol and BP meds.

Opticians & other places will try to get more money out of us somehow :)

Perhaps you need and 'in-between' coat :D
Sorry to hear about the pain & your checks not being so good -including the weight gain:(

Perhaps you could have a good think about your diet and perhaps try some different meals/foods?

It may help :)

Thanks Zafira..I certainly need to get back on the wagon as far as proper diet and trying different things should help to alleviate the boredom of it too.
Rather funny that when I was last shopping I saw some runner beans, thought about it but then didn't bother. Rather silly as cutting up a runner bean doesn't take any longer than peeling a carrot.

Sorry about the pain Emm - it's not nice being in constant pain (as I can vouch for over the last 3 weeks).

You need to get that cholesterol and BP down Mrs.
And if you're diabetic then you really ought not to be having sugary chocolate and biscuits. But you already know that, don't you?
Do you take pills for cholesterol and BP?
If so talk to your doc about bananas & pineapple.
Mum was advised to stay off them as they react with some of the cholesterol and BP meds.

You know me only too well Bev! I'm far too much of a chocolate junky!
I need a good kick up the jacksie!
Interesting point about the banana and pineapple reactions. I do take tabs for Bp but I refuse to take statins as they make my pains much worse.

Feeling much improved today at last..Yay!
Came to the conclusion that getting really cold at the beginning of the week most probably made my back very bad.

Hi Emm - glad your pain is a bit better. Hope you've had some sunshine in Nowich - it's been lovely here thought to be honest it just shows up the insides of the windows. Tomorrow mornings job methinks.

Marks in Glasgow had a great coat sale today - maybe you could find an "in-betweener" in your local branch.

Hey Em - hope the back is better, at least for a bit. I know it is something you deal with long term. Well done on the loss - let's hope for another this week :).

Hi Emm - glad your pain is a bit better. Hope you've had some sunshine in Nowich - it's been lovely here thought to be honest it just shows up the insides of the windows. Tomorrow mornings job methinks.

Marks in Glasgow had a great coat sale today - maybe you could find an "in-betweener" in your local branch.

Thanks Carol...It has been quite sunny here... my lovely home help did my windows on Wednesday so I don't have to tackle them myself.

I don't go into the city to shop I much prefer to do online and from catalogues as some have a free returns policy and it's much easier for me to be able to fit them on at my own pace and time.
Actually I do have quite a collection of various coats so I'm sure there's one in there that's suitable. Just a case of getting to sort them.

Hey Emm - hope the back is better, at least for a bit. I know it is something you deal with long term. Well done on the loss - let's hope for another this week :).

Thanks Caroline...I was a bit lax with my meds today so tonight I'm suffering again.. silly me!

I'm expecting the weight to go back to square one on Monday as my dieting has gone well and truly out of the window..BIG time!! :sigh:

Back