2015 and It's Now or Never!

You need to edit post,go advanced then scroll done to manage attachments,click on it then you can delete the pic by hovering top right of thumbnail and you will see an X.

Thanks Mary.. will do that.

Minis does this all the time to me too Emm - drives me nuts. Must be a "glitch" in the forum software.
cavegirl's method is the only way to be 100% sure that it gets deleted.

Glad that it's not just me Bev..It's very strange as the picture disappears and I think that's done it and then it will appear again after a few seconds.

Deleted as suggested Mary..Yay!

. . . Deleted as suggested Mary..Yay!
Only problem is you've deleted the one you wanted to keep as well!
Minis is sent to try us :D

Morning Emm - we are having weather that's crazy this morning too - was lovely and sunny this morning when I headed to the shower and SNOWING when I came out - wasn't in there THAT long. Hope you had a good nights sleep.

Nell

Only problem is you've deleted the one you wanted to keep as well!
Minis is sent to try us :D

Thanks, glad you noticed it Not going to be outdone so I've reinstalled it..

Morning Emm - we are having weather that's crazy this morning too - was lovely and sunny this morning when I headed to the shower and SNOWING when I came out - wasn't in there THAT long. Hope you had a good nights sleep.

Nell

You can keep the snow Carol..
Last nights sleep was very good.. Yay!

Evening Emm,

Hope you've had a good day.:)

They can't get the needle in vein as when I get cold my veins collapse.And being cold is a problem I suffer in. :(

I thought it would be something like that Mary..what a horrible ordeal!

My sister has that sort of problem too and by the time they've finished her arm looks like a massive bruise.

Monday 30th March 2015

Weight this morning just a mere trifle of a few ounces loss.. about 10ozs I think... but at least it's going in the right direction...I still live in hopes of getting a bit trimmer.

During the very cold weather I took to sleeping on my sofa again as I feel the cold terribly and there is a big vent in the bedroom which I want to block over but in the meantime it creates a cold blast over my face. Last night was the first time back into bed and very nice it was too.

New 2 2015.jpg

You can see it here..
When the council retiled the roof they put them over these outlets so I'm sure it should be okay to block it off properly.

Everything went well with my meals but as is often the case, I needed to take more tabs during the afternoon which I cannot do without having something to eat at the same time as otherwise they upset my stomach, so the digestive biscuits were added and that meant the carbs were higher again..

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g
Lunch - Veg. Soup homemade + Bread 30g + Butter 4g
Snack - Grapes 100g + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Bacon baked 65g + Eggs hardboiled 2 + G.Peas 100g + Mash 30g + Tom. Ketchup 15g
Supper - Finn Crisps 2 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1114 Carbs 122 SatFat 15 Protein 53 Sodium 1874 Fibre 21

Yay for the loss (I know I already 'yayed' on my diary :)) I would take some advice before blocking vents, I think it depends on whether or not you have a gas appliance in that room. I am not allowed to block off the one in my livingroom because of that :(.

Yay for the loss (I know I already 'yayed' on my diary :)) I would take some advice before blocking vents, I think it depends on whether or not you have a gas appliance in that room. I am not allowed to block off the one in my livingroom because of that :(.

I don't have any gas units in the bedroom ..in fact the only gas appliances are my cooker in the kitchen and the boiler in the sitting room cupboard for my heating and hot water.
There may be a question of whether it would encourage damp thro' not having the air vent which I think I will look into further.

:8855: What are you like !

I often say that to myself Bev! :rolleyes:

Morning Emm - well done 10oz is 10oz

Morning Carol..and morning to all!

..talking about hot water..I went to have a shower this morning and shower not working!
I did eventually have a very lukewarm shower which was reasonably okay seeing as how the general weather temperature is a lot better but HOT is how I like it to be.
Phoned council and as I am disabled someone will be calling today.

Morning Emm,

I love a hot shower as well. The hotter the better. :)

Good they are sending someone round so quick.

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Man came round to do the shower and as I have an electric fire in my bathroom which I switch on for about an hour before hand but switch it off when I go to have my shower.. he was very concerned and said repeatedly that I was being very naughty and despite my assuring him that I switch it off first he continued to say.. you're very naughty! In the end I said "I'll let you have the last word then" and he repeated again twice "that's very naughty!" :copon:
However, nothing wrong with the shower after all..I had tried manipulating all the various knobs and I Googled the instructions as well. :sigh:

I seem to have been quite busy today but I'm not sure what I have actually done.. not a lot really.
Think I've been trawling the forums tbh.. takes up so much time.:D

Food wise I just couldn't get my head into gear to sort out the carb thing so they are extra high today.

Breakfast - Allbran 35g + Milk 120ml
Lunch - Veg. Soup homemade + Bread 31g
Snacks - Grapes 126g + Digestive Biscuits 3
Dinner - Cod fillet breaded 125g + Stringless Beans 83g + Carrot 79g + Mash 15g + Tom. Ketchup 20g
Supper - Finn Crisps 2 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1274 Carbs 180 SatFat 10 Protein 49 Sodium 1845 Fibre 31

My lady cleaner suggested putting a heater on the wall which I shall be looking into.

Woke this morning with an absolute searing pain in the left side of my stomach and after an hour it was still really bad so after calling 111 and having a discussion with them I was advised to ring doctor immediately they open. Did that but doctor would be calling some time in the afternoon so decided to ring for an ambulance instead. Was taken into hospital where I was eventually diagnosed with an inflamed colon most probably as I have diverticulitis...home again by about 2pm just in time for my cleaning lady and grocery delivery. Still feeling under the weather so now off to bed.

Hope you feel better tomorrow Emm.

Get proper advice from an electrician about installing a heater on the bathroom wall.
Water & electricity don't mix too well.

Thankyou all for your good wishes... fully recovered today and my back is very much better too! Yay!

After eating next to nothing yesterday I'm now 0.8lb down which is apparently 12ounces..thought it would have been a bit more than that but then I did have 2 lots of sandwiches so all those carbs..? .. say no more..:D

Phone call from my friend last night to say that she is coming into Norwich today and we will be having a meet up.. REALLY looking forward to that! Good ole natter is always great especially with Jo.
Need to get moving and prepare for an fairly early start..

Last edited:
Sorry you weren't very well yesterday.
Do you have to watch what you eat with
diverticulitis? I've got to cut out spicy foods,anything with pips in,onions,mushrooms and some other foods.I'm sure I'll end up just eating salad,veg,fish and meat and the odd bit of fruit.:)

I mustn't eat very spicy things which I would really like to have sometimes but it's not worth the agro afterwards but I haven't found anything else that I need to avoid, altho' having said that spicy foods trigger off IBS.

Yay for a loss! Down is down and if you had higher than usual carbs and were still down then double yay :).

I must admit that any down is good as far as I'm concerned.. as long as it doesn't go up!

Had a lovely time with my friend but funny thing..she asked me what I was doing over the w/e and I replied that apart from having my hair done tomorrow ..nothing else. Then she reminded me that tomorrow is Good Friday and would they be open? ..and I realised I was supposed to be having my hair done today!!
We went to Morrisons for lunch and then I dropped her off in the city so she could have a look round the shops for a little while before her bus left.

Counts a bit askew so I'm not logging them today.

Last edited:
. . . Had a lovely time with my friend but funny thing..she asked me what I was doing over the w/e and I replied that apart from having my hair done tomorrow ..nothing else. Then she reminded me that tomorrow is Good Friday and would they be open? ..and I realised I was supposed to be having my hair done today!!
As my grandad use to say, you'd forget your own head if it wasn't screwed on ! :8855:
Mind you, I have to put all my appointments on the kitchen calendar now (as well as in my electronic diary).
Mr Pom checks it every morning and reminds me what I am supposed to be doing.

Last edited:
Back