2015 and It's Now or Never!

Afternoon Emm,

I understand you need to go out as staying home all day drives me mad.And after me being inside for months I am so glad just to be able to walk around a shop even if I don't buy anything.:)

You need to be strong when out shopping.Only get whats on your list.If you want a cake just buy the one then you won't be tempted to eat the rest. :)

You sound like such a strong person Mary, just wish I had half of your determination now.
I did start out like that in 2010 when I was 16st 2lbs but it's this last year or two since my back problem has deteriorated such a lot that things go so awry. I can't bear the thought of continuing to be this big.. 13 1/2stone or thereabouts is very heavy seeing as I am only 4'11" in height... :sigh:

I share your pain Emm. These days, the only time I go out is to the shops. I went a bit mad last week and bought a large joint of beef from ASDA for Sunday lunch... we had beef sandwiches for supper, cold with bubble and squeak on Monday, Beef lasagne on Tuesday and curried on Wednesday. Thursday morning 'himself' said he was leaving home if I brought that bloody beef out again:8855:. I didn't have room in the freezer Emm, to do what I normally do and I didn't want to waste it.

I hate wasting things too Val. Hooray for freezers to put all those "extra" things in.

Your saying "himself" is a very Irish thing, are you or have you any Irish background?

I call Mr Pom "himself" - but no Irish here. It's quite a Mancunian/Northern thing too.

Hi Emm - I think we all know the boredom eating pattern - I certainly do and together with stress, I am sure it is the cause of all my weight problems. Was just saying the other day that I am going to have a terrible time when (if) I ever stop working, so can see where you are coming from Would going to the like of Slimming World maybe help?

Hi Emm - I think we all know the boredom eating pattern - I certainly do and together with stress, I am sure it is the cause of all my weight problems. Was just saying the other day that I am going to have a terrible time when (if) I ever stop working, so can see where you are coming from Would going to the like of Slimming World maybe help?

I did go to WW meetings at one time but unfortunately I have found that unless you go with someone it's very hard to get in with others as they all have their friends with them and I know of others who have had the same experience.

Evening Emm,

Hope you enjoyed your music this morning.:)

Music was great again this morning thanks Mary.

Saturday 11th April 2015

After having a bit of the doldrums yesterday I decided to stick to my original intentions this year and make it a "do or die" year and that means no more indulgences for a long time!! (at least quite a long time )
I also remembered that I had put my calorie allowance up awhile back so that I have lowered to 1200 instead of the 1300 which should make a difference.
I now have to really get to grips with those carbs as I am well aware that they are the main evil content that I can well do without.

Breakfast - Yogurt 100g + Oats 35g
Lunch - Toast 35g + Butter 8g
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1
Dinner - Cod in Cheese Sauce homemade + Carrots 75+ Stringless Beans 80g + Mash 25g
Supper - Finn Crisps 2 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1257 Carbs 99 SatFat 33 Protein 74 Sodium 1384 Fibre 13

Sunday 12th April 2015

It's been a very nice day weather wise plus everything else wise!

Got up very early about 6.30 and had to take meds a.s.a.p. then dozed off in my chair for a while.
I'm having my porridge without any honey now so that's a few carbs done away with.
Quite pleased with my counts.

Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g + Oats 35g
Lunch - Finn Crisps 3 + L.C.Cheese 1
Snack - Conference Pear 1
Dinner - Eggs hardboiled 2 + Ham 75g + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Supper - Rachel's Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1189 Carbs 100 SatFat 12 Protein 54 Sodium 1501 Fibre 16

Monday cont:

I know I've said it before and there's lots of others who say so but not eating a lot of sweet things leaves me feeling so much better at the end of the day! My feel are not as swollen and I just generally feel much better all over!

Had a very busy day rewrapping items to return, booking coach journey and hotel for the 26th April meet and Googleing the places took ages as I like to have a look around the area before taking any journey.

Menus have been very good.

Breakfast - Allbran 30g Milk SS 100ml & Coffee with Milk SS 80ml
Lunch - Cheese 50g + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Snack - Mango 1
Dinner - Bacon baked 100g + Egg poached 1 + Mash 25g
Supper - Rachel's Taste Explorer Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1084 Carbs 101 SatFat 22 Protein 61 Sodium 2257 Fibre 17

I know I've said it before and there's lots of others who say so but not eating a lot of sweet things leaves me feeling so much better at the end of the day! My feel are not as swollen and I just generally feel much better all over!

Sugar deffo affects me the same way.
Also to much red meat makes my arthritis play up, so I keep to chicken and pork as much as I can.
Only problem is I love beef and lamb.

Tuesday 14th April 2015

Absolutely glorious day..lots of lovely sunshine altho' there has been a bit of wind which was rather bighting at times.

Morrisons for lunch and my usual roast chicken. For some reason they gave me two large dollops of mash which was quite a waste as I never eat all of one lot. Then I was able to get a key for a scooter as an assistant was there which is very rare. Bought a very large mango and a couple of apples and not a smidgeon of choc or cakes of any description..Yay!!

Breakfast - Allbran 30g + Milk SS 100ml
Lunch - Morrisons Roast Chicken with carrots, peas & mash
Snacks - Orange 1 + Apple 1
"Dinner" - Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Nil (?)
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1081 Carbs 91 SatFat 18 Protein 79 Sodium 865 Fibre 21

Well done on the loss Emm, and the revised menus look good.

Thanks MW..We keep trying don't we?!

Wednesday 15th April 2015

Gorgeous day sunny and warm and very little wind at all.

Waiting for collection of parcel all day and no ones arrived.... very annoying!
I had ordered some rugs but they didn't fit where I wanted them to but when I went to make a return request I hadn't noticed that it would be at my own expense. I appealed to the company in question who agreed to get them collected free of charge. I'll have to contact them again and hope they are still of the same mind..

Home help came today and she's always in good humour which makes for a nice chat.

All things gone well with menus.

Breakfast - Toast 35g + Butter 8g
Lunch - Ham 45g + Cheese 50g + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Snack - Apple 1
Evening - Eggs scrambled 2 + Bread 27g + Butter 6g
Supper - Rachel's Raspberry Yogurt 120g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1270 Carbs 78 SatFat 29 Protein 58 Sodium 1364 Fibre 9

Last edited:
Friday 17th April 2015

Rather funny odd sort of day!
Did intend to do quite a few things but my old problem was very up and down despite my taking stronger meds. Did manage to get a bit of tidying up done but that's all... another day tomorrow.
So I've ended up with lots of bits and bobs, mainly a lot of fruit which makes a change from lots of biscuits and bread.. but those carbs are still there and rather high again! 157 .. but LOTS of fruit!.. :sigh:

Saturday 18th April 2015

Much like yesterday apart from the C&W music this morning which was fairly good.
If I'm not in the right mood that man on there drives me up the pole! He jabbers on and says the most stupid of things and constantly gets things wrong and has to repeat and re-repeat things! :argh:..oh well! I got that off my chest! :D

Another lovely sunny day and rather wished I could get out and do some gardening but that's completely out of the question these days.. so I sat and got a bit fedup instead... and ate too many digestive biscuits.. :copon:..(carbs!?! The blight of my life!!!!!!)

Counts so far which includes a cheese salad that I haven't had as yet - Cals 1274 Carbs 141

Sunday 19th April 2015

What a busy day..NOT! .. Well.. I did defrost the freezer and gave the fridge a good clean so that was something...apart from that I watched quite a bit of telly and especially enjoyed those young lads - "The Boy Band" on Britain's Got Talent they were really great.

I shall be using up some of the things from the freezer in the next week as otherwise it'll get freezer burn and not be any good so keeping my carbs low will be a big struggle..at least more than usual.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 7.5g
Dinner - Chicken Korma homemade + Rice 55g
Snacks - Banana + Orange
Evening - Ham 50g + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Supper - Rachel's Yogurt 120g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1252 Carbs 166 SatFat 12 Protein 65 Sodium 1029 Fibre 15

Last edited:
Morning Emm - the boys were really good weren't they. I cleaned out my freezer just before Easter and threw out stuff I didn't even know I had - it's not the best design in the world and stuff gets "lost" in there if I'm not careful - been walking J past a nice one in Costco but he's not taking the bait at all :)

Back