2015 - going to do it this time!

Just realised I haven't posted in almost a week...

Been a strange kinda week, I missed weigh in because of working late and then roadworks on way home.

Was showing a gain on my home scales, mainly due to womanly joys, so may have been a blessing.

I also realised that I am passed the 6 weeks mark from joining WW, this is the longest I have ever stuck to a plan without going off track. In the past, I would miss a week then that would be it gone, this time I am trying to get a bigger loss for next week to meet my target.

I think this is a huge mental win for me and is further evidence that I can really do it this time.

Sorry this is a bit waffly, feeling rather contemplative. :)

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

I really like this post...its very positive!
I think it's great when you realise you've really stuck to something.
You will do it :) xx

Hugely gushy post as I am super proud of myself!

So tonight I lost 4lbs, that means that even though I missed a week I stayed on track.

This is the longest I have stuck with one diet and I am delighted.

I set myself a challenge to lose a pound a week until holiday in September which was 35lbs in 35 weeks and I am now at 19.5 after 8.

In a very buzzy happy place tonight.

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

That's brilliant Laura, you're right to feel proud! Staying on track without weighing in for two weeks is a definite win! Looks like you'll smash that target! Will you be at goal weight then? Anyway, big thumbs up! Hope C25k is going well too :)

Thanks Essie!

No nowhere near goal weight just a lot lower than I have been for years and a weight I would be happy to go to Florida with! It's my big mini goal.

I have been guilty in the past of being unrealistic with weight loss targets, getting impatient and quitting. Now I am happy to keep on plotting downwards in a healthy sustainable way.

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Thanks everyone!

Weightwatchers is working a dream for me just now, the flexibility, portion control and accountability of weekly weigh ins seems to be a good combo. I am a bit upset that I lost a point this week but ultimately it's only 40 calories!

Best thing about losing weight is fitting into my clothes again haha. I also feel like my energy levels are on the up which is great.

I piled a lot of weight on from September last year as I hurt my knee so couldn't exercise and I also get quite badly affected with SAD so basically comfort ate/boredom ate all the time.

We go to Florida 6 months today! I am so excited! Going with another couple so should be great laugh. Plus I love disney!!!!

We also booked last night to go to Turkey for our first anniversary in 6 weeks time. So my new mini goal is to lose another 8.5lbs by then to get to 2 stone lost. Mini goals seem to be working for me just now.

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

All these exciting holiday in your future, I'm envious! You'll look (you already do) and feel smashing by then hun. So pleased that you've found a plan that suits you, that's definitely one the biggest factors to success. Xx

Well done on the weight loss hun!
Holidays sound great...We are going to Turkey in September and I can't wait xx

Well done on the weight loss hun!
Holidays sound great...We are going to Turkey in September and I can't wait xx

Ooooh where in Turkey are you going? I love Turkey, great food, great weather, great people and very cheap when out there.

All these exciting holiday in your future, I'm envious! You'll look (you already do) and feel smashing by then hun. So pleased that you've found a plan that suits you, that's definitely one the biggest factors to success. Xx

Thanks my lovely. I like having things in the future to look forward to, gives me a wee boost.

My weights coach has challenged me to lose 22lbs by end of June also so lots of mini challenges going on just now. Hard to keep track!

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

We are going to the Royal Wings hotel in Antalya. You? I've never been to turkey before but it looks nice...perfect for relaxing!
Mini challenges are good...you seem very positive :) x

I love Turkey too. I was so skeptical before I went the first time and now I'd rather go there than Spain.

Tonight I did something brave and went along to a running group. I managed to walk/jog 4 miles in just over 45 mins. So pleased with myself, firstly for the time and secondly for going along and running with other humans haha.

Week is going well so far, work has been super manic. Mad March as we like to call it, I work for a water company and we have a whole lot of investment projects needing signed by our regulator before the end of month. I'm acting as go between so basically just bugging people to do stuff! Haha.

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Oh wow Laura well done on the running!!!! You'll soon be running miles like our Shelley :D

Hope work calms down for you soon! :)

You're doing so well with the jogging and should feel really proud of yourself!x

Well done for going to a running club! Your times were blumming fabulous too! I hope your thinking of going again and making it a regular thing?

I did a 5k today just to try it. managed it in just under 40 minutes.

I am going again next Friday with the group, they were very encouraging which was a huge help.

Can't believe it is Sunday evening all ready, what a fast week!

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

well done love x x

Ach it's Monday again. One more week of work madness and then calmness will resume. Got to love year end.

Had a good weekend food and exercise wise. Husband had a chinese last night and I had an M&S micro meal. So angelic am I! This was helped by the fact I went to dobbies at lunchtime and had a giant bourbon so didn't have very many points left for tea.

Weigh in tomorrow, my home scales are showing a loss so fingers crossed it stays that way, I would like a pound and a half as that will take me to 1st 7 lost and I get another sticker. All about the stickers.

6 weeks till Turkey. I want to get my 2 stone lost by then. Challenge is on!

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Back