21 st ...need motivation from friends!

Ayirela

Hello,

My whole life I've been up down up down. Today I'm officially at the heaviest I can ever recall. I stepped on the scale and it read 21st.
:mad:
I always get these great ideas and I go strong then I just crash and get depressed all over again! I've been doing crash and burn since I was a little girl. The best shape I was ever in, was while I was in cheerleading and even then I was still 120lbs while my friends were 90-100!

I remember having good luck and a sense of accomplishment when I was working for a gym at 18 years old and I was lifting free weights and using the gym equipment. I found I lost a lot of weight faster than just cardio.

So, I've gotten my CLA supplements (and desperately bought the raspberry ketones). I am looking at doing kettlebells while I am at home because going to a gym is out of the question. I am a full time student with minimal income to support gym habits.

I am more or less looking for someone to hold me accountable and me help hold them accountable. While a physical buddy isn't possible I'm hoping a virtual workout buddy is. Working at teh gym gave me the knowledge I needed, but that was many years ago and since then I've become disgusting. It seems everytime I start to lose weight something distracts me and then next I know I'm bigger than when I started.

I really mean it this time. I am going to go to America to see my parents this winter and I would like to have some of this weight off. While I know my end goal of 120lb will take quite a bit of time I think realistically I could lose 60-80 pounds or more by Christmas if I really work at it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm definitely going to go buy kettlebells and I was told to start at about 8kgs, but I'm hoping someone who uses them might add pointers as well as a beginner. I have been researching them for the last few days, so I'm excited. Yet, I don't want this to turn around and be just like everything else I do. *Get excited, do it a few days* then they start collecting dust. I recently bought a spin bike for the house, I used it 3x. I used Zumba about 4x. I am hoping the kettlebells will hold my interest because I always loved weight/resistance training over anything else.

Either way any support would be great. I need to fill my life with positive remarks over the negative ones I get from other people, like the typical "you know you won't stick with it" garb I get. This time someone to say ya great you can do it! Will mean a lot!!!

I've bought my whey protein have tons of veggies and some supplements. So now I just need my kettlebells and I'm sorted!!!
:cool:

Hi there, my name is Emma, I am in a similar situation, I started on Saturday and weighed in also at my heaviest of 22 stone 5 lbs, to say I was horrified would be a huge understatement! anyway you have to start somewhere and I firmly believe that if I get caught up in worrying about the weight I am now I will actually gain more as I am emotional eater and so its best to use it to motivate me to change, oh well thats the theory anyway! ha ha I am planning a trip away with my sister and nieces at the end of the year , just before Christmas and whilst I know I can't be down to my goal weight by then I would love to lose a lot of weight by then as my nieces really want me to go swimming with them on holiday and I have not been swimming since I left school and I'm 34 now all because of how I feel about my body. How are you getting on this week? Emma :)

how true, I have had people say as much, as if because I am veggie I should be like a stick, sadly I am not, saying that I am the worlds worst veggie, more veggie meat style products than vegetables for me sadly!! Em

Hi Emma, I can feel your astonishment. While I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian, I can't say I haven't thought about it. I have a lot of issues with foods and what I will and will not put in my mouth. I am queen for sending food back at restaurants (how embarrassing right!!) So far this week, I feel I'm doing alright. I'm keeping a diary on myfitnesspal.com that you hear so much about! What kind of diet are you doing? I love having other people to talk to who are in the same boat. It really makes for an easier weight loss when you have someone else to talk to! Thank you so much for responding back!!

I'm sure you can lose a lot of the weight/inches before your holiday!! December is such a long ways away!! Every little bit off makes such the difference in how you feel and perceive yourself! I have weird body image, like until I see pictures or have to look in the mirror I look nothing like myself in my head. In my head I still look like I did in my cheerleading days, wow how delusional am I? LOL....I've finally faced facts!

I was wondering, would you like to keep tabs with each other like make weekly goals and keep each other informed on how we are doing? I would love to have someone else to go with alongside of me...knowing I can help push someone and they can make sure I'm not being a lazy slacker playing video games all day *giggles*....

So far today I did some exercise on the bike, stepper, and light weights. We are converting the office room into a work out room and I plan to start using kettlebell as soon as mine arrives. I'm quite excited as I get so bored so easily with work outs...*mumbles I should really do my Zumba today lol*. What kind of exercise are you wanting to do? I really look forward to hearing from you again!! Oh how often should I weigh myself and update my ticker? Like once a week or biweekly? I'm so bad at looking at the scales so I'm tempting myself not to look!!

Hey Ayirela, your post really got to me because almost all you said could be said about me. I tend to go full steam ahead and then after a few weeks start to slip but like you I have decided that enough is enough. I have read a few times on this site that dieting is hard but being big is harder and its so true. Tbh I am fed up with feeling the way I do and things have to change. Life is hard enough without your own body being your biggest battle. I have accepted the weight I am (22st 13lbs), I was 23st 1lb when I started slimming world. You are not on your own, there are many many people on this site who understand exactly how you feel. We can help each other get through those tough days when the easiest option is to give up. Accept that there will be slip ups, accept that sometimes things go off plan but get straight back on. We all have to stop guilt tripping ourselves and accepting that we are human and there are issues and its hard but we can do it, because really the alternative is no life at all.

The bells sound perfect for you. I have just brought a step and signed up for tai chi lessons. Wanted to do tai chi for years.

Good luck and feel free to contact me anytime.

All the best
Clair x

Hi Clair!! I tried Slimming world, but it just didn't work for me because I am not allowed to eat a lot of the foods on it because of my kidneys so I was quite restricted. So, I decided to just go with good old fashioned Calorie Counting. I have met a good few people with great success on Slimming World!! I agree that we have stop guilt tripping ourselves, I guilt myself all the time. We can do it this time!!!! With all the online support we can get with everyone here, this time will definitely be successful!!! Just looking at all the support and success stories on here is motivational!! Yay! Do you want to buddy up and help motivate and push each other?

Also, Emma, I sent you a response but it said it's waiting on a moderator. I'm not sure why?? I did respond though, PROMISE!! Hopefully it will post because I cannot for the life of me remember everything I said hehe such the bad memory!!

I can relate so well to what you are all saying, it is hard to lose weight but like Clair said being big is harder, I weighed in at my heaviest on Sat at 22 st 5 lbs so I am quite close to your start weight Clair. I have been so upset recently, I have been finding doing everything I used to do more difficult, even bending down to put on my socks, everything, its been soul destroying, I'm 34 yrs old yet feel more like I'm 94!! I have to change this, it feels like the best time to do it as well as I have recently addressed the underlying issues that had lead to my binge eating. Emma

I agree being big is really harder than pushing forth the effort to shed these pounds. I have found using MFP that it's a great tool while it monitors my caloric intake and output. I can't wait for a weigh in on Sunday morning! I feel excited!! My kettlebell arrived today and shew was it a nice hard workout. I totally enjoyed it!!

What tips have you guys been using on your journey?

Ladies, I started off at 22st 12lbs. Ive now lost just over 8 stone in a year. Trust me, I was a mess. Talk about issues! If I can do it, anyone can. X

wll done loubelle, fab weight loss, you must be so proud of yourself hun, well done you, what an inspiration! Em

I'll be your buddy :)
I was almost 21 stone when i started Cambridge Diet 16 weeks ago, i'm now 16 stone 8lb and have lost 4 stone! x

xsinead your doing great love you can tell from your pics how its dropped of well done everyone well done we are doing it together as a team

Back