212Degrees Diary

Morning 212, and so it is, but UNIX is a bit erm..... strange, you even have deamons in it. LOL

So i haven't been here for a couple of days but they have been good days :) Lots of bacon and gammon and eggs over the weekend with a bit of bbq pork too (which was amazing).

I had a sneaky look at the scales this morning (i officially weigh in on tuesdays) and it seems that i have lost 6 of the 9lbs that appeared last week. Not quite as much as i hoped but still i'm not gonna complain! as long as the scales continue downwards and i can get over the fact that every month i have this huge gain due to TOTM then i can keep going! Today's menu:

B: missed :S bad i know but had no time and then was in meetings and just didn't get a chance! Damn Mondays!
L: half a tin of tuna, 100g iceberg lettuce, 20g cheese, mayo
T: gonna have gammon steak with grilled courgette and boursin stuffed mushrooms and maybe and egg!

Sn: me and my fella are having a film night tonight and he has stocked up on haribo and crisps & dip so i treated myself to a bag of pork scratchings so i won't pick at his carbtastic film food!

I'm working alot this week so trying to plan all my meals out in advance. Really need to make a memo or chalk board so this is easier thatn random post-it notes everywhere!

Hope everyone's had a good start to a new week! Onwards and downwards! x

i'd have to have chicken wings instead of scratchings.
have a nice night. :D

Evening 212. I would recommend a food plan - really helps:)

Morning, yes a food plan for the week really helps.

Food plan is a great idea an do find in much more rigid if I know what I'm eating when. Think I'll set one up tomorrow, looking for projects to keep me busy :) thanks muchly!

I'm still gyming and still keeping my carbs right down and drinking loads of water. Still struggling though! In a month I've lost the same 4lbs and they've gone back on then I lose them again ad the they come back! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Give it another week and then may need some serious diet revision to work out what's going on! Xx

Hope the 4lbs stay off and more !!! Good luck with it! Xxx

Morning 212, I used to sit down with my wife on a Friday night and write out a shopping list whilst planning the weeks eating, then go out and buy it all on Saturday morning, I found that really helped keep me legal.

Had a manic busy time recently! Hence not being on here much. My best friend just got engaged, my sisters moving house & work has been manic!!

I have my official weekly weigh in tomorrow but the scales have still not shifted despite gym and food so I thought since I was off to the docs for my pill and check up anyway I would ask her advice. Just in case she suggested something I haven't thought of.

Well, my professional GP, after advising her I was doing a minimum of 30 mins exercise at least 5 times a week, not eating processed food, clean and green, watching my carbs and all the rest, her advice 'well you should really be eating between 800 and a maximum of 1000 calories a day and try to up your exercise'

Really?! That doesn't sound like sane advice to me! That sounds like the start of an eating disorder!!!!!

Anyway, ignoring her completely and chatting to the pharmacist she recommended focussing on my sleep and stress levels (I do like to wind myself up about nothing and don't get much sleep because I'm stubborn and don't go to bed early even when I'm working my 14 hour days) and to try taking something like fybrogel as I may need some 'digestion aide' (to put it nicely). So much more helpful!

I just can't believe that was my advice from a doctor. This after she gave me a lecture 3 years ago when I was 20 odd stone and doing the Cambridge diet because she said no one should have under the recommended daily average!

Anyways, I'm so proud of myself recently. Been having a great range of meals, kept my carbs down, kept the exercise up and feel good so I'm just going to take a passing note of the scales for now. It's got to shift eventually and the plan was always to find a good way of eating for life not just for now. The scales will soon learn that they will do what I want whether they like it or not! Lol!

Things have calmed down a bit now so going to be back to my posting and support group (that's you lovely lot) :D

Hey 212 good to see you back:). I should keep going As you are - low carb and exercise will burn fat - whatever the scales say. Someone posted a good article on the main bit of atkns board explaining what might be happening. As for GP - too unimpressed to comment!

Had my weigh in and stayed the same. not great obviously as i want the scales to go doen but remaining positive i'm gonna say woo! nothing on! :D so happy days and keep plugging away! it'll go eventually!

Half tempted to actually switch from my own version of low carb to atkins but will do a bit more reading first. Need to make sure it's something i can work with and not get too hung up on it or spend a fortune!

Morning 212... I feel your frustration! Bodies are SO sensitive to everything in my experience! Your are doing amazingly well by not just chucking in the towel and it will come off as Katie says!

Good luck - lovely to have you on here! Xx

Morning 212, Can't say I'm over impressed by that Dr either.

Nope but I'm ignoring her. My mum was livid with her.

So today is all good. Sticking to the diet. I think i've trapped a nerve in my leg or something because i have a lovely limp at the moment lol! I'm giving the gym a miss today hoping it'll ease off. Doesn't hurt, just twinges when i walk!

Arranged to go round my friends house tonight and we're having a fresh chicken salad (fresh salad, cooked chicken - just to be sure lol!)

Feeling pretty confident and motivated today despite having a bit of a grumble in my tumble but have my lunch now and a big ol' drink of water :D

Keep going strong, onwards and downwards!

Morning:). Hope that leg feels better:)

Morning 212, how's the leg?

Back