22's to 21's!

I got 2.5lb off this week, still 22st 7lb, so a way to go, but happy with that to start. :)

Ellie, how did the rest of your family do?

My fave SW recipe was one I picked up years ago and adapted it a bit, it's like a spaghetti carbonara, made with very low fat fromage frais, we make it with peppers and mushrooms and loads of garlic, it's lush! Same as you, we have it whether we're on SW or not. :)

Well done on that loss Hippopotomum. :clap: My son lost another 5lbs, so just a lb to go for his 1st off and hubs STS. Bless him, he went straight out and bought a new battery for the scales as he said they may be running low. :rolleyes: I should add that he lost 6.5lbs last week so doing fine considering he has much less to lose.
We love Carbonara. I'm searching pasta recipes for my son to keep him happy and full. :) I

Last edited:
Well done on that loss Hippopotomum. :clap: My son lost another 5lbs, so just a lb to go for his 1st off and hubs STS. Bless him, he went straight out and bought a new battery for the scales as he said they may be running low. :rolleyes: I should add that he lost 6.5lbs last week so doing fine considering he has much less to lose.
We love Carbonara. I'm searching pasta recipes for my son to keep him happy and full. :) I

Poor hubby, lol, 6.5lb is fab though isn't it, takes me around 6-7 weeks to lose that! :)

Well done your son, that's fab! As well as pasta dishes, what about making things like frittatas and quiches for your son, very filling and can be made up so he can grab them from the fridge, how old is he?

How have you been doing this week? x

My son is 20 and tries to eat heathily now but finds it hard when out with friends. Its all burgers, pizzas and KFC's when they're out. Girls don't mind talking weight loss but it seems to be a bit taboo when your a young lad, plus his mates are all very slim, his closest almost bordering on skinny. (isn't that always the way, at school my friend and i were like Laurel and Hardy!)

How have you been doing this week? I seem to have cruised through this week with no real deviations from my meal plan, I just want to be sure my portion sizes are okay. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I weigh in. :hmm:

There goes another 1lb off at weigh in today. Thats my first stone gone. :clap:
Hoping to step up the pace a bit but think my body (and mind) is still adjusting to just eating enough to stop the weight gain nevermind losing weight! :eek:

Onwards and downwards. Looking forward to adding exercise to this week ........ I think. Gulp! :character00116:

Excellent, Ellie, well done on losing a pound, and the stone too, that's great! :)

Mine was just a half off tonight, but I'm happy with that as my 'star' week (been going to SW far too long, lol) is due any second, plus I usually weigh in on a morning but I went to a different class tonight as I missed this morning, oh, and I had a terrible day yesterday, I'm going to have to get out of the habit of having Sundays 'off'!

I'm going to try to have a good week, I'm also planning on adding a little more exercise too. I've got toothache, and a root canal filling booked for tomorrow afternoon, I doubt I'll be able to eat much after that, so that'll be a good start, lol!

Have a good week. :) x

Well done with the half pound loss! We're chipping away at it, aren't we? :D ouchy about the root canal. that'll keep you out of mischief tomorrow you poor thing.

Hubs lost 3/4lb and son lost 2lb so we all quite pleased although hubs and my son getting jokily competitive. It'll end i tears.I'll chug along slowly at my own little pace.

I'm going to dig out the wi fit. might as well Have some fun while I exercise. :p How you planning to get some exercise?

Great losses, well done all of you! :)

I promised the boys we'll go swimming every other week, last time was 2wks ago so I'm begrudgingly getting back in the pool (hate getting in, love it while I'm in there!), obviously star week permitting. Hubby's 'between jobs' (since last week) so we're hoping for the rain to stop long enough for us to have a couple of walks at the beach, starting tomorrow morning. :)

What about you, any plans for this week? x

I used to love swimming. Arthritis has put pay to that for now. My hubs is also between jobs since 6 weeks ago. Hes going to help me get out for short walks but its a slow process with me so hes bought bikes for him and our son so they can go cycling.

I spotted some workouts on youtube that just may help me and i think its time i dusted down my hand weights. I'll start with the little pink ones and see how i cope. :D

I so envy you being near the beach!

So much for introducing exercise this week. Not even half an hour done yet! So disorganised.

I've just remembered Laughing Cow light blue cheese triangles. So delicious smeared on pears for a treaty salad. Must remember to read my SW mags when they arrive rather than popping them in a drawer and forgeting them. The ads are so inspiring. :)

Well, not that I'm bragging or anything, lol, but I'm pleased to say we've been for a lovely long walk at the beach today, it was really nice at the time... but since I've got home it's set my sciatica off, ouch! :)

I've done that with my SW magazine too, I had a quick look through it when I bought it over 2wks ago, and haven't picked it up since. I think I'll have a proper read of it for some inspiration later. Unfortunately I don't like pears or blue cheese, or that combo could sound very nice, lol!

My 'star' week still hasn't arrived (normal for me, it varies a lot month to month) so it looks like I might get in the pool this weekend yet, not sure if that's a 'yay' or an 'Arghh' though! :)

I've not stuck to the plan 100% again this week, too many crisps and a bit too much alcohol, so I've got the next few days to try to make up for it, hopefully I'll be able to pull it back a bit. How have you been doing? xxxx

Well I've not done bad but I thought that last week and only a 1lb came off. Could be because I'm waiting for star week........since dec! :8855:I'm at that age when it has a mind of its own. :rolleyes:

Well done on the long walk. That's it then. I'm on the wii as soon as the house clears tomorrow. :D

I have to confess the SW mags got shoved in the drawer because they were mocking me from their corner. Seemed everytime i had a mouthful they were smirking at me. :eek:
Anyway, we're buddies again now since i heard someone say there was a recipe for buffalo chicken in there. :drool:

I've planned crisps for tomorrow night. I'm pathetically excited. :p

Lol, Ellie, that made me laugh, especially the crisps! :giggle:

Ooh, buffalo chicken, sounds lovely! I had a strange garlicky, tomatoey, chickeny thing last night (hubby made it, putting himself to good use while he's not working, lol! that's not fair, bless him, he's always cooking) which was nice but it's pulled out the temporary filling covering my root canal! Would be at the weekend wouldn't it?!

Confession time, too much alcohol and too many crisps... again! And tonight is Saturday night, can't get through a Saturday night without alcohol can we?! :party0016:

I really can't see any change happening on the scales this week now, I might have to just wipe the slate clean and start again on Monday... :D xxxx

Draw a line under it and start afresh in the morning! We've all been there and know its not worth the streesing.

Hubs is convinced he feels thinner :rolleyes: and wants to know if I do, too. I feel fatter than ever so I've no real hope for Mondays weigh in.
I think I'm okay with my syns but then again Iwas counting 6 After eights as 3 syns rather than 3 After eights as 6 syns. Hubs was well miffed when I had to take half his treat back.:D

Hope you don't ave long to wait for your dentist appointment. What a pain! Thats what happens hen we relinquish our kitchens to the men folk. :p

Actually hubs is also pretty good in the kitchen. He's cooked a lovely steak for us tonight with all the trimmings. He likes cooking and has more time at the mo. I'm going to make the most of it while he's home. He's been getting the washing on the line by half 8 and today he was telling me how impressed his 2 friends were today when he was demonstrating the steam mop to them. Think he's becoming a stepford husband. :D

I've not done any exercise yet. None. :(

Goodness my typing is bad in that post. My only excuse is I'm on my tablet and this keyboard is far too small for my fat fingers! Another plus to losing weight; people will actually be able to make sense of my posts. :)

Draw a line under it and start afresh in the morning! We've all been there and know its not worth the streesing.

Hubs is convinced he feels thinner :rolleyes: and wants to know if I do, too. I feel fatter than ever so I've no real hope for Mondays weigh in.
I think I'm okay with my syns but then again Iwas counting 6 After eights as 3 syns rather than 3 After eights as 6 syns. Hubs was well miffed when I had to take half his treat back.:D

Hope you don't ave long to wait for your dentist appointment. What a pain! Thats what happens hen we relinquish our kitchens to the men folk. :p

Actually hubs is also pretty good in the kitchen. He's cooked a lovely steak for us tonight with all the trimmings. He likes cooking and has more time at the mo. I'm going to make the most of it while he's home. He's been getting the washing on the line by half 8 and today he was telling me how impressed his 2 friends were today when he was demonstrating the steam mop to them. Think he's becoming a stepford husband. :D

I've not done any exercise yet. None. :(

Lol, That really made me laugh, especially the bit in bold! :D

Come on Ellie, it's a beautiful day, do a quick 20 minute walk (10 mins there, and 10 mins back!) it'll make you feel so much better. :)

Goodness my typing is bad in that post. My only excuse is I'm on my tablet and this keyboard is far too small for my fat fingers! Another plus to losing weight; people will actually be able to make sense of my posts. :)

We call it sausage fingers in our house, "Ah, maaann, I clicked on the wrong thing again, bloomin' sausage fingers..." :D

I didn't get through Saturday without crisps and alcohol, as I thought ;) so I will try really hard to be good tonight, yes, of course it's too little too late, WI's tomorrow, lol! We're off out for a walk and a play at the park and beach now, should keep me away from the cupboards for a few hours anyway!

Good luck with tomorrow's weigh-in. xxxx

Hope weigh in goes better than you expect, too. ;) I'm just hoping its not a gain. :eek: My son would love teasing me about that seeing as I'm the heaviest and him and his dad are 6 foot+.

Why do I always get full of self-doubt the night before weigh in regardless of how well I've eaten. :confused:

I've had a short waddle out this afters. Best I can do with the arthritis at mo. Nothing to stop me exercising my upper half though. Must look up those youtube video exercises and found my pink weights - in sons bedroom! He will have to man up and use the green ones now. :D

All smiles today. Another 2lbs gone at weigh in this morning. :scale: Hubs lost 1lb and son 1.5lb. Phew! Well that was a relief.

I've decided to make a lovely 'Delia' yorkshire pud to fill with pork in gravy. (Leftovers from the roast) I've syned it all out and I can't wait. It's amazing how a bit of sunshine and a yorkshire pud in the oven can really brighten your day. :D

I did it! Last Friday I finally got into the 21's, as well as my 5 stone award. So pleased!

Onwards and, uh.. Downwards!

Back