25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

LOVE the swimming selfies - and your pics are much more in focus than mine! :D

All that energy is fabulous, it must be the exercise - plus just feeling so good about what you're doing. Those NSVs are brilliant too - climbing the stairs easier is fab!

And i want some of that dinner - I love sweet potato (very popular in NZ, we call them kumara) :) xxx

lovely day helena your doing great x

Hi Helena :)
I'm more of a lurker than a poster on your diary but just wanted to say that you're doing great! It's lovely to see you so positive and I really hope it continues :) xx

THANKS for all the messages.

Weighed today .... 328.8 so that's down another 2lb almost.

Off to the doc's then to aquafit again.

have a great time hun x

Cheers, ladies!

Another great day!

Went to doc's at 9am, to get results of ECG and womb scan: everything fine. Relieved to hear there is nothing wrong with my heart, considering how fat I am and what junk food I've eaten for the past 50 years. I also have perfect heart rate, cholesterol and blood pressure. Who would have thought it?

And so she declared me "fit to go" as regards the gym, and gave me a GP referral form.

Right after, I performed 90 minutes solid aqua fit, during which I sprained my right knee. Strapped it up with a Tubigrip and walked to the gym, and booked in for my induction on Good Friday.

Home by cab and had a second mug of lentil soup plus two Bird's Eye cod in breadcrumbs and a pint of tea. Laid on the sofa (extended the sofa almost flat with the electric button) and covered myself with a duvet and watched Pointless for 1.5 hours as my rest. Then logged in to update MFP, here, and Facebook.

Phew!

The taxi driver surprised me by remarking on how much I've changed in the last few weeks. So, even strangers are noticing!

TODAY. This is the view on the walk from the pool to the gym. And me in the gym cafe, blinded by the sun.

Attachments

• 2015-03-26 12.22.35.jpg
    2015-03-26 12.22.35.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2015-03-26 12.22.50.jpg
    2015-03-26 12.22.50.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 2015-03-26 12.32.47.jpg
    2015-03-26 12.32.47.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 80
you seem in a totally different and happier place now

Yep. Even the taxi driver mentioned it. I wish I knew how I did it. Because I want to help people who are where I was .... in a rut full of misery and hopelessness.

Also, in case I go back ... I want to know how to return to this exuberant mood, in which I feel absolutely certain that I WILL lose ten stone (140lb). Short of dropping dead, nothing is going to stop me now!

Helena

Yep. Even the taxi driver mentioned it. I wish I knew how I did it. Because I want to help people who are where I was .... in a rut full of misery and hopelessness. Also, in case I go back ... I want to know how to return to this exuberant mood, in which I feel absolutely certain that I WILL lose ten stone (140lb). Short of dropping dead, nothing is going to stop me now! Helena

I'm feeling positive too. This is attempt number 5 not to binge this weekend. I really hope I'm strong enough to do it. I've been amazing this week like most weeks. Desperately hoping I don't undo it like usual.

Anyone else just about to watch truth about calories? Should be interesting for us calorie counters!!

I'm feeling positive too. This is attempt number 5 not to binge this weekend. I really hope I'm strong enough to do it. I've been amazing this week like most weeks. Desperately hoping I don't undo it like usual. Anyone else just about to watch truth about calories? Should be interesting for us calorie counters!!

I'm going to download it later, as I'm already recording two things on Sky. :) xx

hi helena still sounding positive great news

Hi ladies .... how can I watch the prog you mentioned?

I don't believe in calorie theory. I count "calories" because you have to count "something" to keep a restriction on the amount of food eaten. And calories are easy cos the calorie count of everything is either printed on the item or available on MFP.

Good luck with not bingeing. The trick is to keep busy!

My food intake yesterday was 1650 calories. And I was stuffed!

Attachments

• 26MAR.JPG
    26MAR.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi ladies .... how can I watch the prog you mentioned? I don't believe in calorie theory. I count "calories" because you have to count "something" to keep a restriction on the amount of food eaten. And calories are easy cos the calorie count of everything is either printed on the item or available on MFP. Good luck with not bingeing. The trick is to keep busy! My food intake yesterday was 1650 calories. And I was stuffed!

Good food again! Will be on bbc iplayer I expect. The thing that surprised me the most was how much extra calories you burn if you are bigger. I thought the host was quite dishy

Relieved to hear there is nothing wrong with my heart, considering how fat I am and what junk food I've eaten for the past 50 years. I also have perfect heart rate, cholesterol and blood pressure. Who would have thought it? And so she declared me "fit to go" as regards the gym, and gave me a GP referral form.

Oh that is fabulous news Helena, what a relief, alright!

The taxi driver surprised me by remarking on how much I've changed in the last few weeks. So, even strangers are noticing!

Brilliant - I know the feeling, people are saying how much happier and upbeat I am, and are starting to notice a difference in my shape (good on them, I can't see it lol!).

Whoops... fell off the wagon. Galaxy Caramel and Hula Hoops. Both large portions.

The surprise was that neither tasted as good as I remember them. Just tasted like a load of salty, sugary junk. I'm so glad I am beginning to feel like this. Phew, what a relief!

Not beating myself up, because I burned off 1,500 in exercise yesterday yet ate only 1,650. Plus I went without dinner today. B/u night tomorrow: should burn a few more cals.

Going to bed now to watch that prog on iPlayer and also EastEnders.

Goodnight, ladies

Helena xxx

goodnight helena
im going to have a watch off this later x x x

Whoops... fell off the wagon. Galaxy Caramel and Hula Hoops. Both large portions. The surprise was that neither tasted as good as I remember them. Just tasted like a load of salty, sugary junk. I'm so glad I am beginning to feel like this. Phew, what a relief! Not beating myself up, because I burned off 1,500 in exercise yesterday yet ate only 1,650. Plus I went without dinner today. B/u night tomorrow: should burn a few more cals. Going to bed now to watch that prog on iPlayer and also EastEnders. Goodnight, ladies Helena xxx

Me too! Argh! I'm so dangerous on a Friday night. Had 1200 calories above what I planned, but did an extra 300 calories in gym today. Need to find 900 somewhere else - Urgh!! Smaller dinner tomorrow I think, couple of 100 cal savings I can make here and there and should recover ish. No more slip ups though!! :-(

Things have taken a downward turn.

The sprain in my right leg is much worse than I thought. Not only can I not go to aquafit, I can't even walk to the Co Op and am having to send a lodger.

The lentil-potato-leek soup has proved to be a winner. It's so filling, and it's delicious. What more does a slimmer want?

The only drawback is I have no idea how many calories each portion contains. I don't even know how many ml in each portion. I used 1/3 of a 500g bag of lentils, 2/3 of a 500g bag of potatoes, a whole leek, a whole onion, herbs and spices and stock cubes. I'm guestimating each portion as 200. Maybe it's only 100.

This ^ ^ ^ is why it's easier to eat premade processed soups!

Back