25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

I'm loving your posts, really upbeat and positive, Helena, fab to read :).

I would think it was OK to freeze ham if it was put in pasta dishes - or do you have a slow cooker? You could do a lovely campfire stew (and Shelley and I will come for dinner!) - toms, baked beans, paprika, ham - yummy!

Or a BLT with ham instead of bacon, and lettuce instead of bread?

Or what about ham and pea soup - yummy homemade stuff without all the salt that CG put in theirs.

Sxx

your sounding so positive and its lovely to hear xx
martial arts centre sounds really interesting, i am looking forward to being confident enough to join in classes which are included in my gym membership,

I love quark, something i never thought i would hear my self say :eek: i use it in quiches and things and have used it mixed with sweetener and vanilla essence to make as a cream substitute.
this is my favourite quark dish and really good for a sweet tooth

300 g quark, 1 lemon grated and juiced, 3 eggs separated, 4 tbspns granulated sweetener ( i used stevia) pre heat oven to gas mark 4, beat quark, lemon juice,egg yolks and zest with 2 tbspns of sweetener place in oven proof dish/ ramekins. bake for 10 mins. whisk egg whites until they hold there own shape whisk in remaining sweetener. then pile on top of the desserts put back in oven for 5 mins or until golden brown. serve chilled

makes a nice treat, i have tested it on none dieters and it went down well x

hope you have continued to have a good day x

Thanks for the messages and recipe!

Spent the morning in bed watching chef's recipes for making veggies palatable, and lentil soup.

I know I promised I would not weigh but... could not resist, and found I am TWO POUNDS down from yesterday. So, Now 330.

I'm absolutely over the moon! I've lost 5 of the 6 pounds that I gained after last Monday's "Chinese food mistake".

And this despite having way too much salt in the last few days owing to eating premade soups. I don't think they need this much salt, to be honest. Better to make your own and have complete control.

Just having 1/4 mug of CG lentil soup and a cup of fruit tea then off to the pool for an hour's aqua zumba. From there I will walk into town (about half a mile) and go to the wholefood shop, where I shall buy red lentils (to make my own soup) and rolled oats (to make porridge, also to add to soup to thicken it).

Think I will probably get a bus back.

Yesterday I bought a slam-ball for £15 and sparring mitts and pads for £25 to I can do "boxercise" with my man friend once my personal trainer sessions run out.

Right after, a woman offered me $75 (£50) to put three little links on my website. That took me all of five minutes and paid for the above, the lentils and oats, the cab and the pool entrance fee! Serendipity?

Phoning for a cab now to take me to the pool.... cos...

"I should be dancing -- yeah!"

:banana dancer::0icanfly::party0011::wee::bananalove:

Helena

Last edited:
Making the soup yourself will be cheaper, fresher, and more nutritious, as well as having less salt! And you can put only the things you like in it. :) Excellent idea. Lentils (and other pulses) are nice and filling, too.

And well done on the loss! Although... are we going to have to come and lock your scales away somewhere? ;) Or maybe a more effective solution would be attaching a sticker to the scale that says something like, "WARNING: The number shown here does not reflect your worth. If it fluctuates from day to day, that is OK. Just keep treating your body well, and you'll get there. This is a marathon, not a sprint."

Amazing NSV Helena, I could have typed your diary year after year honestly last year I hopped from diet to diet for the whole of 2014 rejoined slim world god knows how many times weight watchers at least 3, juiceplus, 5/2, 6/1, JUDDD, cal counting went completely round in circles, joined the gym, went walking, and started 2015 a stone heavier I have been cal counting last few weeks but have now found myself eating rubbish cos I can kitkats and cappuccino, tin soup and white bread cos I can crisps and ham sarnies cos I can that is the huge difference between slim world and cal counting if sticking to plan you can't have the lazier options so much, you cook from scratch mainly although they have recently brought out their ready meals, the argument you can eat unlimited pots and pasta and a whole chicken doesn't stand anymore as they advise a healthy portion or until your comfortably full, I know I have made every excuse under the sun twice that these plans don't work and they do I have lost 7 stone on slim world it is just having the patience to work with the plan.
I personally wouldn't spend the £400 on a PT I would go the gym route or maybe treat yourself to a fitbit and build your walking up alongside your swimming, your losses and general outlook would help no-end in my opinion (not that it counts for much) but you will be outdoors with spring and summer heading our way, could you maybe find a weightloss buddy in real life? not that the mins girls aren't real lol I really think a group whether it be slimming world or the gym just to have that extra bit of human support there when you need it would give you a massive boost x
P.S that bluuudy PT wants a kick up the ars£ what happened to moral support eh!! I done exactly the same I am looking into the track they do the 5k race for life on in Cardiff I want to do it this year but need to know I can do it without making an idiot of myself and I will def be walking not running...

Whatever you decide to do stick at it lovely your doing fine on your own xx

Did one hour's aqua zumba and I totally SMASHED it! I had SO MUCH energy I did not know what to do with it, and went nuts till I was out of breath three times. Behind me, ladies my age were doing the languid breast-stroke-that-doesn't-get-your-hair-wet whilst I danced, punched and kicked like crazeeee. After 60 minutes they cleared the pool for a school and I was peeved cos I wasn't done. But it's probably done me a favour because at my weight and age, an hour is probably more than enough.

I had my new smartphone with me so tried to take some photos of myself with the MP3 player and barbells. My first attempts at selfies are just rotten! Here they are. I have no idea why most came out blurred but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20150324_101341.jpg
    20150324_101341.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150324_101401.jpg
    20150324_101401.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150324_101412.jpg
    20150324_101412.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20150324_101426.jpg
    20150324_101426.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Morning Your Royal Highness and Miss MPI

Thank you MPI for your fabulous message, which touched my heart. What a roller coaster you have been through.

Yes, I sometimes wish I could meet a woman who lives near me and is as big as me so we could buddy up in real life and train together. HOWEVER I think this could bring problems.

I came straight back from the pool by taxi, because I had to get back by 11 to receive deliveries.

Some more non scale victories:

1. It was a little bit easier to get up the stairs to bed last night.

2. I was a lot faster than usual coming down the same stairs this morning (I've been going up and down one by one).

3. I lifted my leg up onto the bench in the pool changing room today. I wasn't able to do this before (my legs are huge and very heavy).

4. I'm not remotely tired after one hour's aqua fit. (I do, however, feel all strange and "tingly all over" ... not eating enough, probably).

Helena

Ah those victories are brilliant, very proud of you Hun. So glad you're being kind to yourself, they are massive achievements!

Sadly I don't I so wish I had your confidence and the worse bit is I have an 8 year old who I keep making excuses to not take him swimming, this upsets me more than anything but also spurs me on as it is something I want to be doing before the Autumn..

Sadly I don't I so wish I had your confidence and the worse bit is I have an 8 year old who I keep making excuses to not take him swimming, this upsets me more than anything but also spurs me on as it is something I want to be doing before the Autumn..

Please stop procrastinating! Just DO IT! You don't need to be able to swim, even... lots of fun to be had with an 8 yr old. xxx

Ah those victories are brilliant, very proud of you Hun. So glad you're being kind to yourself, they are massive achievements!

Cheers Llama!

I was so hungry to the point of weakness and all tingly so I just went and had a really big, guilt-free feed.

Mushrooms, onions, 4 eggs, a knob of butter and a half teaspoon of olive oil, 2oz ham, and some grated cheddar on top. (Made an omelette.)

Now tucking into TWO Slimfast bars and a pint of strong tea.

I feel absolutely FANTASTIC! Really FIT and SLIM (haha!) and strong and energetic. I wish I could bottle this feeling and hand it out to everyone who is struggling and cheating.

Here is my entry in MFP so far today.

Attachments

• 24 MAR.JPG
    24 MAR.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This is me at 26 stone 7. Taken in Paphos in 2010. Now I am 23 stone 8. I shall have to dig out that skirt and top and take the photo again in the same stance and see if anyone can see the difference!

Also, am up to 1600 calories today, but I've had a huge amount of food. With my 200 I might have a banana and a cup a soup.

Attachments

• paphos.JPG
    paphos.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 24 MAR.JPG
    24 MAR.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 76
hi helena
i love the swimming pics there great glad you liking it love x x

Have you thought of taking measurements? Similar to trying on the old clothes and seeing the difference, might make you feel good even when the scales are playing up, I once lost 4 inches round my waist after 2 weeks of heavy exercise but the scales didn't budge. You're doing really well :)

Cheers Chezz and Llama

Have you thought of taking measurements? Similar to trying on the old clothes and seeing the difference, might make you feel good even when the scales are playing up, I once lost 4 inches round my waist after 2 weeks of heavy exercise but the scales didn't budge. You're doing really well :)

Yeah I thought of it but haven't done it yet. TBH I don't think I need another "number" thing to fret about ~ you've seen what I'm like with the scale :)

I didn't weigh today!

Kept to 1600 calories yesterday, though, and felt full and satisfied.

Today's exercise... walked to an Indian shop and back, to get red lentils and jars of chopped ginger and garlic, and bay leaves. I have done a bit of tidying in the garden and prepared a lentil, leek and potato soup, which is now simmering away.

Currently eating mango, grapes, apple and Lidl granola with live and Activia yoghurts on top. Totally YUMMY.

Lunch is in the oven so it'll be ready when I am later... roasted butternut squash, charlotte potatoes and sweet potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic. (The lentil soup will be for dinner.)

I intend to eat more veg and less meat.

Helena

Oh that food sounds yummy H. You're on a roll - it's fab to see. More power to you madam!

Went over calories a tad today, because my lodger gave me a Kinder Bueno. But I am not overly concerned as I was under for a few days recently, and I earned 600c in exercise yesterday but did not "eat them back."

Here is what I ate today...

Attachments

• 25mar.JPG
    25mar.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 45
Went over calories a tad today, because my lodger gave me a Kinder Bueno. But I am not overly concerned as I was under for a few days recently, and I earned 600c in exercise yesterday but did not "eat them back." Here is what I ate today...

Really nice looking menu there. Plenty of fresh produce, a modest amount of sugar (apart from cheeky choc bar) and the fish. Well done, you seem in a totally different and happier place now. It's always great seeing that on these boards

Back