25th Wedding Ann Party

Jack_D

I am hosting a 25th Wedding Ann party for me and my darling hubby in August - i would like to put some SW friendly finger food on.... does anyone have any ideas on what a can put on the buffet table

So come on you lot get your thinking caps on

cheers Jack

Could you do belini type things with ryvita cut up, quark and tomato/smoked salmon
80's stylie pineapple n cheese on sticks
Pasta salad
Scotch eggs made with joes or morrisons eat smart sasauges
cucumber subs
potato salad
pizza usin wholemeal bread mix and cut in to small squares
sw coleslaw
cold meat platter
Quorn (or low/no syn) sausages on sticks
Onion Bahjis http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/102848-onion-bhajis-smash.html
sw fererro rocher
fruit salad

hth
x

The KFC style chicken, with the chicken cut into chunks, or strips. If you use cous cous instead of flour coating its syn free.

Seafood platter, prawns, mussels, crab sticks
cous cous salad
not finger food I know but always nice on a buffet

how about syn free quiche? you could make them in mini muffin trays for individual ones or make one big one. You could do celery/carrot sticks with sw coleslaw, cottage cheese or blue dragon sauce as dips (2.5 syns per tbsp but so worth it)!

ETA: Congratulations on your anniversary and I think if you want to blow it for one night then you should as 25 years is really special :D

How about chicken tikka skewers (fat free yogurt and just syn any curry paste) or chicken mango & chilli wraps using lettuce as a wrap, you could make a nice dip or spread for ryvita using tuna, spring onions, lemon and quark

I'm doing the buffet food for a party on saturday and i'm planning on making lots of healthy salads (potato salad, greek salad), Fruit Skewers, Cooked meat platter, seafood platter, crudites and syn free quiche as the SW options. Also going to add fresh bread, sausage rolls and crisps, dips and dressings as none SW food.
I think this hould give me enough to eat as well as giving enough variety to keep everyone happy - happy anniversary :D

Little peppers.....Pepperdew, stuffed with cottage cheese or quark mixed with herbs.

Bite sized meatballs on a stick with a dip to go with them

Tandoori chicken in bite sized bits & yogurt raita to dip

Mini Spanish Tortilla done in silicone cases or muffin tins.
Sheesh kebabs made from lean lamb mince and spices.
Brushcetta (wholemeal french stick rounds topped with a tomato-pasta style sauce and cheese maybe?).
Melon and parma ham on sticks.
The fruit skewers and raspberry sauce from this month's magazine for something sweet.

Back