26.5 lb lost since the start of January!

BrightSide

Hi all,

I've been a bit absent for the past couple of weeks as I've made the shift from being employed to freelance and have spent the time running up and down the country making sure I can pay my bills. I was a bit worried that I'd lose my way on the diet when I spent most of my time away from home (with plenty of opportunities for falling off the CWP wagon). Then, at the weekend, when my sister gave birth after a long and very painful labour I ended up stuck without my CWP goodies (shakes and the like) as I'd only planned for a short trip back to my hometown :eek: D'oh. I was glad to be there for my sis for a few extra days, but spreading my packs out over the time and trying to work out what else to eat was a challenge and a half.

I managed it, though. This is my 6th week on CWP and I lost 5.5lb this week (making my total loss about 26.5lb). I've been following Step 2 (although it's more like SS++ some days).

This is the first time i've been near enough 18 stone since I was about 19. At my heaviest I was about 25 stone or more (I'd stopped looking at the scales!) ... partly down to comfort eating and a messed up relationship with food, but partly due to severe illness that left me on meds that messed with my metabolism and so sedated I rarely moved around if I didn't have to. Now, I'm in a much better place mentally, physically and emotionally. So, despite scores of half hearted diets over the years, this is the first time I've really committed to one and - shock horror - seen the results.

Like most people, I guess, I'm worried about saggy skin and what happens when I return to regular food ... but I'm doing what I can to give myself as much a chance as possible (creams galore, exercise and a commitment to follow the step process rather than jump straight back in to my old habits). Whatever happens, this is the best I've felt about my weight for years ... even though I've got so far to go still.

One thing stuck with me this week. After my nephew was born my brother in law snapped a photo of me holding him. I wasn't posing, simply coo-ing over him with my shoulders hunched over. This kind of pose would usually make my back look humpy and - compared to a tiny newborn - I was fully expecting to look like an elephant. What was weird is that when the photo got FB'd, I looked pretty average. I didn't cringe. What's better, an old friend messaged me and told me how great I looked and asked how i'd lost so much weight. Turns out she's on the CWP too!

Anyways, hope everyone else is hanging in there. I'm still 100% and know that whilst the first months are maybe a little easier I need to keep going in order to reach my goal of 12.5 stones. Thanks to everyone who posts here - even when I don't contribute I tend to keep an eye out on what's happening here to help me feel less alone (and top up my resolve). :)

Hi,

You're doing well. Are you on sole source? I have my 5th weigh in tomorrow. I have almost ten stone to lose and have lost 19lbs so far, only another 120lbs to go! How much are you wanting to lose? Xx

I am on day 3 and I have a lot of weight to lose, it's great to hear from others who keep motivated and prove even in exceptional circumstances it can be done!

Well done everyone :) Keep going x

What a great post, well done on the weight loss. Very impressive that you managed to lose so much and stay motivated even with the extra days with your sister. I'm starting on Monday and very excited. All the best x

Hi all, thanks for the support :)

Forever*Autumn: I'm on Step 2 technically. I'm sometimes closer to SS+ as I don't always have my full protein allowance in the meal ... or the extra milk, but I aim for being on Step 2 :) My goal is about 12 st 7 and I'm now 18 st 1 ... so I only have 5 stone 9 to lose. But as I was over 25 stones at my heaviest this will be a 12.5 stone loss in total. A friend of mine told me to concentrate on the numbers going down rather than the size of the overall weight to lose as it's so easy to feel demoralised. But now I'm a bit closer I can almost believe that I will make it. It sounds like you're doing really well though - how are you keeping your motivation up?

Nicbec & KentishGirl - Thanks :) I've found reading posts on here really motivational too. It's good to know it's possible and that we're not the only ones doing this. The first few days, for me, were a bit challenging ... i felt weak as a kitten ... but 6 weeks in and it feels good. Looking forward to hearing how things are for you both.

Mia and all - YAY for us all. I'm raising an imaginary glass of carbonated water to you all as a toast :)

What a lovely thread, brightside. Your opening post is wonderful - honest, reflective and full of hope. I'm so glad you're feeling confident and motivated (and a bit nervous LOL) after losing the first two stones. I tend to focus on 'one stone at a time' rather than the total amount, which can be daunting. All the very best x

Back