28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

You are going to be one of the headline stories on the SW magazine some day in the near future, I know it!!!

I've gotta second this, get perfecting your cheesy grin, I'm sure you'll end up in the mag! :)

You are an inspiration Jma - honestly. You are a real life success story! Your boys must be so proud of you. It won't be long til you are running just as fast as them again lol...

Achieving a 5 stone loss in 19 weeks, it really is amazing.

Don't forget to update your statistics... if I had a 5 stone loss I'd be shouting it from the rooftop in work :D

You are going to be one of the headline stories on the SW magazine some day in the near future, I know it!!!

Many thanks for your comments

Everyone is really pleased and the support and comments I get really do help me to keep doing this

As for the magazine that would be amazing its a strange feeling already had people msg me on fbook wanting to know more and signing upto SW which is all positive

:)

Been a good few days made a speed soup which I have had for last 2 days taste was Ok and hoping it will lead to a good loss this week still been under the weather so unable to go to the gym hoping it clears up so can do some gym work by weigh in day

Speed soup contained passata onion leek carrot stock cubes flagolet beans baked beans big white beans lol bit of paprika and worcs sauces and lentils

Tonight I have some nice gammon and pineapple with slimming world chips and mushroom and onion

Have a great weekend :)

Speed soup sounds yummy, I had something similar this week in the form of a slow cooker chicken casserole which lasted for days!

Glad your week's going well, have you tried any red days yet?

Amazing story, this will motivate me to keep coming back because I want to follow how you get on! Well done chap, you should be really proud of yourself :)

Hi Cheese Thief to be honest I haven't this week tends to be my worst week rota wise( All afternoons) so decided against making any changes I will try and find some people's diet plans for red days and have a look and go from there I think

Hope your well

Thankyou Donna appreciate the comment I am proud at what I have achieved so far without getting carried away as I have a long way to go many thanks for stopping by

Thanks Kay for the kind words looking at your stats you have done really well :)

Been a couple of days so thought I would pop on say hi :)

Been a good couple of days however feel a little bloated lately food has not changed just feel fatter

Weigh in tomorrow which I am looking forward too no idea what will happen hoping to lose of course would be happy with 2-3lb loss bought some new clothes lately which has been a good thing for me a lot of people have been commenting that my t shirts are looking too baggy on me now but for me there still comforting and the way I judge my loss is to wear old stuff to see how far I have come (Within reason of course)

Bought a lovely voi jeans grey hoodie fits really well and it does show my weight loss so Im pleased, However not pleased with the shirt i bought as was going to wear it Thursday as im meeting up with old colleagues for drink and food but doesn't fit well enough so a little disappointing but It will fit me soon enough :)

Been a busy few days at work few ladies have been on a diet (Not SW)for a while and between 3 of us we have lost 16st which we are amazed at we all encourage each other and share little tips really has taken over our lives

Anyway food today like to keep it fairly light day before weigh in

Breakfast 2 hi fi (HEB) 1 yoghurt 1/2 syn toffee greek muller
Dinner french fries (4syns) and 25g cheese (Just a snack as was out and didn't get back from town until late not ideal)
Tea Speed soup with extra lean pork followed by orange and a vanilla mullerlight

Quite hungry at the moment but thats my lot today

Have a good evening :)

Hello there, Ive just read all 8 pages of your diary! You are doing amazingly well!
I havent had museli even though we have a huge bag of it as its only a little portion but I think I might try it with yogurt as never thought of that!

I often have 2 small piece of bread as a sandwich or use one piece for beans on toast then an alpen light bar later on.

My top teas that are gorgeous! and seem naughty

1. Chicken parmesan (its a northern thing!) flattened chicken breast (you can coat in breadcrumbs or couscous or leave plain) oven cook, then spread with lowlow cheese spread and a little grated lowlow. It really is gorgeous!!!
2. Risotto - its great to chuck loads of superfree into and a little lowlow makes it seem naughty.
3 salmon carbonara - wowee

On reflection I think I am obsessed with lowlow! But its been my favourite SW find!

I just cannot believe how amazingly fantastic you have done! Huge well done! How many clothes sizes have you gone now? I bet your boys are amazed at their shrinking dad!

Takeaway wise I dont like it but beef/chicken with mushroom and boiled rice is only 4.5 syns
black bean is 5.5 I think

Congratulations again! x

Hello there, Ive just read all 8 pages of your diary! You are doing amazingly well!
I havent had museli even though we have a huge bag of it as its only a little portion but I think I might try it with yogurt as never thought of that!

I often have 2 small piece of bread as a sandwich or use one piece for beans on toast then an alpen light bar later on.

My top teas that are gorgeous! and seem naughty

1. Chicken parmesan (its a northern thing!) flattened chicken breast (you can coat in breadcrumbs or couscous or leave plain) oven cook, then spread with lowlow cheese spread and a little grated lowlow. It really is gorgeous!!!
2. Risotto - its great to chuck loads of superfree into and a little lowlow makes it seem naughty.
3 salmon carbonara - wowee

On reflection I think I am obsessed with lowlow! But its been my favourite SW find!

I just cannot believe how amazingly fantastic you have done! Huge well done! How many clothes sizes have you gone now? I bet your boys are amazed at their shrinking dad!

Takeaway wise I dont like it but beef/chicken with mushroom and boiled rice is only 4.5 syns
black bean is 5.5 I think

Congratulations again! x

Thanks Emma appreciate the reply and kind comments also nice was the meal tips quite fancy the carbonara I also use low low ut mainly in the slices form maybe with a burger or on top of a spag bol or big mac in a bowl

The takeaway I prefer is Indian I have Lamb rogan josh usually 6syns I do miss Naan Breads though thinking back my last one was over 6 months ago huge naan with garlic keema and cheese lol Hmmmm won't be going there again

Clothes size is a strange one as facially and especially side of body have slimmed down but stomach area is taking longer to get rid of so only the 1 size and thats really dependent on the clothing bit frustrating at times but in the end It will get there :)

Boys are very young(2 and 6 months) so dont really understand whats happening they are my life and by doing this will enable us all to have more fun and a better lifestyle I wouldn't want them picking up on my bad habits and also I want my sons to be proud of me

Thanks once again Emma really makes it worthwhile when people reply with comments and tips ideas etc really is a good support tool for me

It's that time of the week and delighted to say this week I lost 4.5lbs and was SOTW very very pleased huge smile couldnt believe it at first but I have had a good week and speed soup must have helped !!

Group was good today few new members which is good to see and some great results Tried the new Hifi Bar Christmas pudding fell in love with it haha sooooo nice

Lost a total now of 5st 5lb in 20 weeks feel so much better and feel more confident day by day and have to say Im enjoying it I have great support network ranging from this thread to facebook group friends and family so thanks once again Im not the greatest at this stuff but I try haha

Off out for a few drinks and a meal tomorrow so will keep it as low as possible syn wise but ultimately will use the rest of the week to pull it back should the alcohol get out of hand

Have a good day

Last edited:
Wow well done jma. I am so pleased for your fantastic results to date.

You have every right to feel proud of yourself and to have a big smile on your face.

Keep it up. I agree with other comments, it would be great to see you in SW mag one day.

Congratulations.

Fantastic loss this week! Well done! :)

When I started SW I read your thread and it really gave me the belief that the plan works, and that even though I've got lots to lose if I stick at it I'll get there eventually. Now 8 weeks in I've just got my 1.5 stone award, so feeling over the moon. It's great to see you're still having fab losses, even after 20 weeks!

I fell in love with the Christmas pudding Hi-fi bar too, will definitely be getting a couple of boxes in over Christmas to keep me off the mince pies and Christmas cake!

Many thanks for the comments and well wishes really is appreciated

Been a good couple of days went out with friends thursday night had a fair few drinks and an indian saved my sins all day to use one moment of drunkenness led to a small naan being consumed but to be honest not fussed it was lovely and my first in well over 5 months and have adjusted syns since to make up for it

Got back into the gym friday felt much much better and looser and more fitter than before which was good really enjoyed it and going again tomorrow and will cram a session in on tuesday before weds weigh in

Last night worked alongside a woman who like is on a diet trying to lose shes lost 6 stone through lighterlife not my cup of tea and dont agree with it but its worked i guess for her, bless her made me a lovely spicy carrot and coriander soup so nice and filling and she let me take some home to have today I did grab the recipe of her no syns whatsoever and she got the right balance and to thicken she used sweet potato

Todays food

breakfast - muller vanilla , hi fi xmas bar (soooo nice) HEB and fruit platter
Dinner - Carrot and coriander soup French fries (4syns) 2 small 12g cheese HEA 1 muller greek 1/2 syn
Tea Beef and mushroom creamy sauce with rice got recipe from another member

Loving the weekend as im off until Monday just chilling pretty much most of it

Have a good one Ladies :)

Thought i would throw up a new pic as last pic well over a stone ago

Hope all your weekends have been good back to work tomorrow :(

Attachments

• image-2283489233.jpg
    image-2283489233.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-8401039.jpg
    image-8401039.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-451372229.jpg
    image-451372229.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 72
Wow! Those pics are amazing, it's crazy how much weight you've lost in your face! :)

Haven't had the best weekend as been full of cold/flu, but usually when I'm sick I eat loads of rubbish and this time I didn't, so quite pleased with that.

Thanks Cheese thief i can now see a good difference so far so thats really pleasing and heading in the right direction enjoy your break away look forward to hearing about it

Day befoe weigh in so just relaxing taking it easy well sat playing fifa in my sweatsuit haha every little counts done a sleep in last night so very tired and lack energy to go to the gym also ankle was playing me up yesterday keep getting these niggles lately prob because of my gym work but need to be careful as dont wanna do any damage

Food wise yoghut and strawberries for breakfast with a 6syn hi fi ,Dinner was chicken and salad sandwich french fries 4syns and a mullerlight tea will be carrot and coriander soup plenty of water and green tea later as per every tuesday

Weigh in tomorrow and to be honest I havent a clue how its looking don't feel thinner feel bit bloated tbh but we shall see need 2lb loss for 5 and a half stone loss so thats the aim

Have a great day guys take care :)

Back