28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

Love curry on the second or third day, it definitely gets nicer. Unfortunately in our house it very rarely gets past day 1 :eek:

If I were you I'd try to go to a Tuesday group too, get it over with before your night out and enjoy yourself without the scales looming the next day.

Have these old colleagues seen you recently? They'll be bowled over!

They saw me when I had lost 4 stone sumat and were really surprised so hopefully they will be bowled over :)

Decided Im not weighing in this week tried finding a class for Tuesday and there are a couple but 1 when im working and the other 1 is when im scheduled to be going out it wont change how im eating and will definitely be looking to get through that 7st barrier the following week

Today has been low key went to the gym yesterday first time for a while and will go again tomorrow visited family which was nice decided today I was going to cook so were having a fakeaway will be diet coke chicken (Hope sauce thickens this time) with small amount of rice some mushrooms and soft noodles will add veg into the diet chicken

Hope your all well and have a great end to the weekend

Diet coke chicken went well and the sauce did thicken which i was glad of had it with some rice and soft noodles

Off out tonight for indian and alcohol but decided Im going to not drink and choose best possible options thinking rogan josh boiled rice maybe a chicken tikka for start I was looking for an alternative group to weigh in a but just decided to be good and still attend normal time group just hoping my weigh doesnt fluctuate much as as I type its looking like I will get my 7 st so fingers crossed

Enjoy yourself tonight. You'll have fun catching up without the need to over-do it- will be better for your head tomorrow morning anyway if you've not had a few beers! One meal off plan in a week shouldn't do too much damage, although being the night before w/i it might stick around a bit longer than you'd like.

Have loads of water tomorrow, flush out your system. Hope to hear you got your 7 stone!

Hello all hope you are all well :)

Well unfortunately I have only lost 1/2lb this week to say im annoyed is an understatement my lowest ever loss more angry at myself because I chose to not weigh in tuesday as planned but kept to my same group this morning

Before I went out last night i weighed myself and it looked promising for a good loss scales were very kind too me and I definitely would have lost at least 3lb i can guarantee that. So I went out and really did try to be as good as possible no alcohol touched my lips as I drank diet coke all night (Prob too much of it tbh) Starter was sheekh kebab and salad not too bad i felt 1 poppadom and main of Lamb rogan josh with half a portion of pilau rice again choice wise I thought I done Ok think the diet coke intake was too much as I felt a little bloated

On return home weighed myself to see what damage if any and I kid you not it was a 6lb increase on what I was before I was distraught anyway consumed plenty of water and plenty of trips to the toilet managed to undo damage in terms of gains and still managed a 1/2lb loss

I wasn't upset more annoyed I should have backed my original decision to attend an earlier class then I would have got my 7st loss and positivity would remain I did stay too group because I felt I had too really I wanted too support the others who had done well and some who got to target today and also I get a lot of support and praise in group when things go great so Have to take the rough with the smooth when things don't go my way

Still one small positive to this is I still lost and edged slightly closer towards 7st And I have lost in every single week i have attended

I will use my currant mood and determination to really try to have a better week and a much higher loss I still want that 7 and a half stone award by xmas

Thanks for reading have a great day I am now about to cook some homemade burgers with cheese in the middle yum yum

That's good, a 1/2lb loss is still SOO much better than a 1/2lb gain, you're heading in the right direction, and couldn't agree more with salty food and water retention, hoping you'll have a big loss next week to make up for it, after it's all out of your system!!

Hi, here to sub!
Just had a read of some bits of your diary and you are doing so well!!
Dont fret about the indian food not giving you a great loss- as the others said, salty foods make us retain water. Also- you're always going to weigh more after eating than before as you have the weight of the indigested food in you!

You are doing so fantastically, congrats on such a positive attitude throughout the journey :)
X

Hi, here to sub!
Just had a read of some bits of your diary and you are doing so well!!
Dont fret about the indian food not giving you a great loss- as the others said, salty foods make us retain water. Also- you're always going to weigh more after eating than before as you have the weight of the indigested food in you!

You are doing so fantastically, congrats on such a positive attitude throughout the journey :)
X

Hello thanks for popping by certainly wasn lesson learn from my point of view in terms of weighing in after a late night meal and agree with salty foods retain water

Thanks for the kind words loving the journey so far and im so determined to go all the way and have a happier healthier life I will return to visit and have a look at your diary especially as you do mostly red days :)

Have a great day

Today feeling very positive about my journey so far I was unhappy yesterday or sulking would be a better description over the 1/2lb loss but im over that im looking forward to weighing in next week

Breakfast - Missed this due to being busy not an ideal start as always like to have brekkie
Dinner - Ham salad sandwich on 2 400g sliced bread (HEB) 2 small 12g cheeses (hea) yoghurt and french fries (4syns) 1 syn for the salad cream
Tea - Extra lean beef stir fry

snacks - weetabix oaty bars x 2 = 7

Total syns 12

Not a bad day food wise tried some new cereal bars as feel hi fi bars and alpen light are expensive these weetabix oaty bars are 3.5 syns or 1 is a heb b choice

Looking to get back onto the red days tomorrow so will trawl diaries for recipes now

Went out today to do our xmas food shop (all frozen obv ) Now my intentions are clear i want to hit 7.5 stone by xmas I am going to weigh in on xmas eve dedication eh lol but after I am having a few days off plan and I do intend to enjoy myself food and drink but aiming to balance it out with more exercise over this period xmas eve xmas day and boxing day I am going to enjoy :) the food we bought was lovely and i cant wait for xmas now

Hope you all have a good evening if any of you guys do have diaries on here please link me up as im eager to give u the support you all give me :)

Hey jma, pleased you've got a Christmas goal in mind - You can certianly smashed that target of 7.5 stone.

I've also started having the Weetabix Oaty bars for my HExB, they're quite nice eh, and a fair size.

Have a good day / weekend :)

Thanks for popping Emma hope you are well and I hope to hit the 7.5 stone by xmas might be tough going mind as have a work function next week and our sw group going for a meal day before but 8lbs in 3 weeks is possible hoping for a half decent loss this week

Bought myself a new shirt today and it fits really well ahead of my outings next week always nice buying new smaller clothes a real confidence boost

fairly quiet day today working the weekend so back to it tomorrow had another ok day food wise

Breakfast - fruit salad
Dinner - sausage x 4 = 0.5 syn each = 2 syns sandwich 2 bread 400g (heb) 2 x 12g cheese (hea) french fries 4 syns and a muller yoghurt
Tea - Spag bol extra lean mince and spaghetti banana yoghurt and merangue (3 syn) to finish

snack later weetabix oaty (3.5syn)

GF brought a picture home today from her brothers wedding of me to show me my progress cant wait to upload it I look awful back then I was honestly shocked when i saw it and it really hit home and I am so glad to be sorting it out now and feeling better fitter healthier and most of all happier

So great to buy smaller clothes- such a boost!
Glad you are feeling positive again!
I am about to have a couple of weeks semi off plan (holiday, anniversary and xmas) so not the best time to visit my diary for red day inspiration lol! ;)

Gor Red days I'm really into making spicy chicken/mince beef meals at the mo and having a dollop of quark which is like sour cream- makes it quite fajita like! Can throw loads of peppers and onions in for superfree and nice with some crunchy iceburg lettuce.

What is your fave Red day meal?? Would like some inspiration too!

Hi tetris enjoy your break away Paris isn't it??? A place I need to go one day always wanted too

The spicy chicken sounds lovely I quite fancy that love the quark idea as a sour cream type this would go beautifully into some wraps lol but another option for me would be to use iceberg lettuce as a wrap and fill inside (Really miss the old Mexican night of numerous wraps and nachos covered in sour cream and cheese lol)

A lo of my red days have been meat and veg and not too adventures so far found a recipe online the other day for curried pork brochettes with a mango salsa here is the recipe looks and sounds lovely

Ingredients

1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
900g/2lb lean pork mince
2 tbsp medium or hot curry powder
3 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
50g/2oz very low-far natural yogurt
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
salt and freshly ground black pepper

for the salsa

1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and finely diced
1 bottle roasted red pepper, drained and finely diced
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves

Method

1. Place the chilli, spring onions, pork, curry powder, mint leaves, yogurt, and lime zest and juice in a bowl and mix well using your fingers. Season, cover and chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge.

2. Meanwhile, make the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl, toss to mix well and cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve. if you're using bamboo skewers, put eight of them into a bowl of water to soak.

3. Preheat the grill to high. Divide the mince mixture into 32 portions and shape each one into a small ball. Thread four balls onto each skewer and cook under the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve immediately accompanied by the salsa.

Hello all hope your all well

Been an Ok few days worked the weekend hence lack of updates have eaten well Last night I had Venison meatballs with pasta and a sauce made with passata my weigh in is tomorrow and hopefully I will finally get my 7st loss award need 1lb for it Still hoping to lose another 8lb by xmas not sure I will do that though as have a fair few social functions to attend Including our sw xmas meal tomorrow and my work do the night after lol

Bought a new pair of jeans on sunday which was great need to have a good clear out now and start trying to sell some of my bigger clothes as costing me a fortune for instance paid 70 for hoody and jeans 2 months ago now starting to look a bit silly in them due to them being too big

Looking forward to xmas I am giving myself a few days off plan and going to just enjoy myself and have what I want with my family I weigh in xmas eve but then not again until 8th Jan so have plenty of time to get back on plan and try and limit any damage done

Today food wise will be taking it easy sausage sarnie for dinner (Be good to yourself cumberland from sainsburys 0.5 syn each) These sausages are soo nice usually can be found 2 packs of 8 for 3.50, Tea Im unsure on maybe a jacket potato with beans and cheese allowance plenty of water today

Have a great day Im off shopping today and will take my boys out to play centre

Back