2lb Heavier

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dizzy, 11 October 2006 Social URL.

1. dizzy

dizzy Member

Well...today is my third day and i am in ketosis, i have stuck to it 100%, and i got on the scales this morning and i am 2lb heavier, i am so despondent now i feel like giving up. Can anyone help me understand why this would happen. It is not totm or anything like that so i wont be retaining water, i am drinking 5 litres per day. The ketosis stick this morning was a dark colour.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya Dizzy!

It IS water!!

You cannot put fat on when having 400 calories a day, it is impossible so therefore it MUST MUST MUST be water.

Hang in there and it will drop over the next few days.

Mike

4. dizzy

dizzy Member

Thanks mike, thats what i wanted to hear.

Denise

5. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    No it totally is water... one of the girls in my group had lost 12lbs at our drop in on day 3, but somehow had "gained" 2lbs by day 7 - she followed the instructions to the "t".. but she had drunk LOADS of water. I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that 1 litre of water can add 2.2lbs when you get on the scales.

This is why I don't have scales at home!!! ;) :D

Bet you'll have a great loss at the end of the week!

6. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Hiya
    Don't depair - as the others have said, it's water. Next time you're at the supermarket, pick up 2 X 2 litre bottles of water and you'll be shocked by the weight of them.

I loaned my scales to my sister until I reach maintenance for this very reason. Some people are encouraged weighing themselves at home but I'd see one blip in the wrong direction and go into a tailspin!

Have faith though - stick with it and you cannot fail to shrink! :)

7. Mrs Roch

Mrs Roch Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Russiandoll

Firstly, I love the name...

Secondly, just had a sneek at your photos (hope you don't mind) and you look amazing. What a difference.

You should be so proud of yourself, the transformation really is incredible and it's all down to you.. Well Done.

Hope you put a picture up once you get to goal.

Take care

Mini likes this.
  8. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Thanks for the kind comments Mrs Roch! I'm not at goal yet though and am still a 'work in progress' ... I'll get there eventually! :)
    It's true to say that losing weight has transformed my life though and even given me the confidence to take on a degree at University (hence the Uni pics!) .... something I'd NEVER have considered at my heaviest: I just wouldn't have had the nerve!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics when you're ready to post some!

9. Mrs Roch

Mrs Roch Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    There a couple of photos of me on my iblog but not full length versions - that's scary sight at the moment....

I'm off to a military function on 28th October (my partners a teacher with the Royal Engineers) and have hired a full length cocktail dress for the occassion. I'm really pleased with the dress as I thought I'd be so limited looking for a size 18. Actually looking forward to wearing it. Have booked to have my hair put-up as well so making a real effort. Would be nice to be a stone lighter as well.. but miracles and all that...

Will have a photo taken and put it up for everyone to see....
    gulp!! :eek: :eek:

Mini likes this.
  10. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Gosh Mrs Roch!! You're a real stunner!

Post those function piccies when you have them - we'd LOVE to see them!

11. Mrs Roch

Mrs Roch Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That's very kind thank you....

Steel determination to do that stone - started last Thursday so hopefully I can do it..

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.