2nd time around....it's soooo hard!

mickigirl

i lost a shedload of weight this time last year. whilst i haven't put all of it back on, i have put most of it back on and need to go back on lipotrim to get back down again. i have had so many false starts...i just can't seem to keep to the programme. does anyone else have this problem? anyone got any helpful tips??

hey mickigirl. the first time i did LT was back in June and I lost a stone and a half. I ended up putting half a stone back on and then decided to give it another go in July. I did have a couple of false starts like yourself but all i can say is that you have to try as that is all you can do really. it is damn hard to stick to and i can understand how hard this is for you. try to think of something that will motivate you and keep that in your mind if you ever feel like cheating. i am getting married in october next year and that is the one thing that is motivating me. i have stuck up pictures in my room and also made myself a big tracker for my wall and it really helps to keep me focused.
Keep trying! the first week is always hardest and think about it this way. you have done the diet before and you know it works. you have done it once before and you can do it again!!!

i agree hun it is much harder to restart - all we can do is try. We should keep in touch to help ourselves - all restarters for next year and start a support thread maybe x

ok guys........i'm starting tomorrow. am going to weigh myself at the chemist, and get back on track. i'm going to paris for my 20th anniversary on jan 5th, and must get down before then...over xmas as well!!

your advice and support are greatly appreciated. let's keep in touch on our progress, and see if we can beat this thing

mickigirl thats great news!!! think about it this way you would have lost a fair bit of weight before you go to paris!!! more reasons to celebrate!
definitely keep in touch and post here and let us know how your getting on.

ollie, when do you think you will be starting/?

Well done for getting back on the wagon hun, there is lots of support on here if you are struggling xx

micki that sounds great - just a bit jealous!! So shall we start a thread for 2009 starters. Signing up to the thread means you will stick with it and be supported by the rest of the group. Its tough out there guys!!!! x

Good luck with your restarting. I remember reading on here months ago, when I was just starting, that it is harder second time coz your body remembers the last time and puts up a bigger fight! It will take a lot of willpower to get through the first week so hang in there and just remember why you are doing this! Pin up photos of Paris or something similar like outfits you want to wear or photos of yourself you absolutely hate to help you stick to it.

x

Back