2nd week and here is my 1st hurdle...

chel_belle

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all your posts and I am so glad I have found this site - so helpful and motivational!

So, I started taking xenical last Monday and so far have lost 7lbs...yay...go me!

I have got to go to a family meal at an Indian restaurant tomorrow evening....is there actually anything I can possibly eat, I am under the impression it is all high in fat?

I am going to have a sleepless night tonight and stressful day tomorrow over this :-(

xxx

Hi

The tandoori chicken is low in fat and so are chapatti's and some of the veg dishes like Dahl just ask them not to put extra oil on the chapatti's or the tandoori chicken etc..

Check out my fitness pal web page or if u have an iPhone it's a free app :) look up the Indian food dishes

I had a vegetable biryani without any problems or the hotter dishes are generally safer. Remember this mustn't rule your life but try to avoid Mr Tango!

Dry chicken tikka - is rolled in spices and yogurt and very healthy - that with some boiled rice and salad is my curry staple!

Thank you so much, I can stop panicing now! Would I be safer not to take the xenical tonight? Not sure if that would help or whether its in my system and won't make much difference.

I had a vegetable biryani without any problems or the hotter dishes are generally safer. Remember this mustn't rule your life but try to avoid Mr Tango!
well said there,
i think obsessing is a terrible downward spiral and will make you miserable!!.. ive always been a all or nothing kinda dieter but this time is totally different...
sitting there watching everyone else eat is a bleeding miserable experience.. much better to plan ahead miss a few xen and go enjoy your self, "well it works for me" :)

Last edited:
I take my xen even when I don't eat well.. Because then at least it will still work on the crap I've eaten lol and The side effects will teach me what not to eat.. The side effects seem to hit me the next day..

I taken xen while eating Indian.. And not had a prob .. I had tandoori chicken and 1 small chapatti plus some plain boiled rice.. And a little dhal and sag paneer

But everyone is different :)

Indian is actually one of the better takeways you can have while using Xenical, there's a good choice, just avoid extra oil..tandoor chicken is a good place to start, rice dishes etc etc

Xenical is in your system, so if you're going to react you'll react whether you take the Xenical or not..if you choose right though, you might be ok.

:)

Back