2nd week gaiN!!

im due to have my second weigh in at s.w on wednesday..my first weeks loss was 6.5 pounds and i weighed myself in boots on sunday and it said i had re-gained 4.5 pounds of that weight!!!....i have been following the diet rigidly or so i thought...

i thought the free food was all- you can eat??

Try not to worry every pair of scales weighs you different, my home scales weigh me 2lb lighter than SW, my mums weigh me 1 lb heavier and on saturday I tried boots scales and they weighed me 3lb heavier. I learnt along time ago to stop checking my weight during the week and wait for WI day.

sorry didn't get chance to explain properly in my first post...i attend a very busy s.w meeting and basically just been handed the books with no explanation...i thought the free foods were as much as you wanted as long as i'm still hungry,and the s.w book does suggest that BUT some members on here say that you can't have 3 muller lights,2 bananas, 2 tins of beans in a day if you want as they are not limitless....and whilst i'm not going to eat 20 muller lights and 20 tins of beans a day just because i can, IS there a limit??
or could the weight gain be because of me hardly eating any syns?NO crisps,choc,etc etc has passed my lips in 2 weeks as i know i can't stop at the 7 syns so best not to have at all....arrrgghhh its so confusing
I'm DEFINITELY eating a LOT less than i was before i started at s.w, so any weight gain will upset me so much

I wouldn't worry about eating too much when you're only in Week 2, it's a bit too early on to say that's the problem (if there is a problem that is, since you haven't had your official WI yet).

There isn't officially any limits on free foods (they don't say no more than x amount of tins of beans/yogs in the books and whatnot) but it's encouraged to fill up on the superfree foods as these will fill you up more for less. You shouldn't be hungry or stuffed but aim for the middle road I think.

I'll admit I am on Week 2 and I've done the exact same thing as you, peeked and seen a gain! But I'm trying not to stress out about it as I'm not doing anything differently to last week and I know it worked then.

It's possible the body is panicking a bit from having a big drop in your first week so it might be holding on to water and such this week. Try drinking loads of water to see if this helps and possibly eating smaller meals with more snacks to keep you on an even level throughout the day - might help your metabolism/digestion.

Also try and relax a little - it's harder to lose weight when your body is stressed. Maybe take a couple of walks or something to help clear your head a little?

Hope this is helpful hun, good luck for the official WI x

The limit on free foods is when you are full, as long as 1/3rd of your plate is superfree foods (all fruit & most veg except potato, peas & sweetcorn). Having said this, igs common sense that you can't eat loads of anything (except superfree as its got very little calorific value) and loose weight. Each muller is about 100 calories, a banana the same, depending on its size, a mugshot is about 250 cals. Its fine to eat them if you're hungry, but its best to reach for superfree first.

sorry didn't get chance to explain properly in my first post...i attend a very busy s.w meeting and basically just been handed the books with no explanation...i thought the free foods were as much as you wanted as long as i'm still hungry,and the s.w book does suggest that BUT some members on here say that you can't have 3 muller lights,2 bananas, 2 tins of beans in a day if you want as they are not limitless....and whilst i'm not going to eat 20 muller lights and 20 tins of beans a day just because i can, IS there a limit??
or could the weight gain be because of me hardly eating any syns?NO crisps,choc,etc etc has passed my lips in 2 weeks as i know i can't stop at the 7 syns so best not to have at all....arrrgghhh its so confusing
I'm DEFINITELY eating a LOT less than i was before i started at s.w, so any weight gain will upset me so much

You are allowed 15 syns a day, so you dont have to stop at 7, if you want them have them

what is the limit on beans then because i thought free meant as much as you wanted???? Are there any other limits on foods such as eggs bananas etc????

what is the limit on beans then because i thought free meant as much as you wanted???? Are there any other limits on foods such as eggs bananas etc????

Honestly there isn't a limit as such - just don't rely exclusively on free foods.

It will come down to what works best for you in the long run with regards to self-imposed limits. Like on the eggs thread - some people can eat eggs til they're coming out of their ears and other people find they can only eat a few a week or it starts affecting their losses. The only way you'll find what suits use is trial and error (and a bit of patience). :)

sunshinesparkle said:

Ok first off, stop weighing yourself on different scales cos they all give different results. Someone on here once compared it to a clock, no two ever tell exactly the same time. I have been known to sneak peak at other scales including this week and it does me no good!!

Secondly, if you are unsure of the plan and dont feel you were given a good enough explanation of it, then tell your consultant either in class or they should have given you contact details in your pack. You are paying five quid a week for that class and the services of your consultant, so dont be afraid of getting the most out of it.

Youve said about having 7 syns a day. You can have between five and 15 a day. Dont be afraid to use them.
As for eating the free food, my understanding is that you can eat as much as you need to satisfy your appetite (which it actually says in the book arf!!). The book also suggests filling your plate with one third super free foods at meal times and making super free your first choice between meals. If you are eating foods to the point of being comfortable and not needing to eat again for another few hours then i would say you are eating enough. If you are eating to the point of being full/stuffed or eating without being hungry cos you can cos its free then you are eating too much. And if youre constantly hungry despite what you eat you should eat more.

It is a very subjective thing which is why some people will say do xy and z whilst others will swear by the opposite. The best thing is to eat what your body needs and judge what you eat by your own weigh ins in class.

Little Miss Determined said:

The only time there is a limit on beans is if you were doing an original day (often referrred to as red) which is one of the other plans in your book.

It is as much as you want as long as long you include a 1/3 superfree of plate visually with every meal. Divide your plate into thirds visually. On extra easy you are meant to turn to superfree as your first choice of snack.
With SW are only meant to eat until you are full, but if you are used to eating large amounts before SW it can be quite hard to know when you no longer hungry. It can easy to 'pick' when you are no longer hungry.
Try drinking along eating and waiting 20 minutes after meals and before deciding you are still hungry and to have something else.

But I agree with with what others have have said it can be trial and error to find what works for you. For me I have to limit things like mugshots (but I imagine this is common) or it will effect my losses. As it's early on try to relax more so you can see if certain foods effect your weight loss.

But I also agree ignore any weigh in other than your official one. For example I weighed in at home and it showed a 2lb gain but on weigh day I'd actually lost 2lbs.

Good luck on weight loss journey hunx

There is a big difference between as much as you want and as much as you need to feel full. I want a whole tin of beans, but i only need 1/2 a tin to be full, and therefore i only have 1/2 a tin. Free foods are not limited, but equally are not unlimited. You need to understand that for the plan to work.

Its really bad that you have paid to go to group & not had the plan explained properly. I would ask your consultant to sit down & explain it to you, there is no excuse for you not getting that.

Back