3 inches !

That's been happening to me too, nothing for 4 - 5 days according to the scales but the inches on my waist slowly going down, then suddenly on the scales 1lb or more gone overnight... I wouldn't worry, your body isn't like an hourglass with a steady trickle of weight falling away (if that makes sense) - it's a complex biomechanical machine with its own agenda to hang on to its stores, and so long as you're seeing progress somewhere then eventually the laws of physics will mean the scales will catch up. ;)

thatlittlebit said:
I found it did! Not hench ness but certainly yes. My chest has cleared up so I'm facing the daunting task of redrafting my running again! I don't know where to start ah

Cool - hope so as my will power shakes everytime I get on my stuck scales!

My knee is feeling a little better hoping to run Monday. Going to start swimming next week

if you start swimming your scales will get stuck for even longer because swimming is an excellent exercise to move all of your muscles.

Not to worry about the scales and keep track of your inches. Most of the time your weight loss on the scales is a very bad indication of how you are doing. For example, if you starve yourself, your fat lbs will stay EXACTLY THE SAME but your scales will tell you that you have lost, let's say, 3 lbs that week. Do you know what that 3 lbs comes from? Yes, you got it. Water and MUSCLES. Your body needs nutrition in a certain quantity. If it doesn't get enough to even survive, it will go in starvation mode. It's a bit like when your hours in work are decreased and you think, first of all, to KEEP your savings (fat) to use them in case you're desperate. Then you would cut on unnecessary "mouths to feed", like for example pay off your credit cards and loans, cancel the gym membership or Sky, or you would start buying cheaper food (keeping the comparison running, your muscles which "cost" your body nutrition). Only at the very end, when everything else fails you would go to eat into your savings. However, as soon as your wage returns normal (you start eating again the same food as before) you would keep your outgoings the same to start with (same muscles, no rebuilding of them) and restore money in your savings, and possibly even increase your savings for bad times to follow (e.g. you would put back on any fat you've lost AND even some more "just in case"). Your body doesn't know that you WANT to get rid of the fat. The fat is important to it as much as your savings are important to you. The only ways to lose weight and keep it off is trick your body into thinking you're not on a diet by having the appropriate number of calories and nutrients in a day and maybe alternating days with more calories and days with less calories (coming back to the same example as before, your boss could be offering you overtime and this way most months you would reach a wage good enough for you to keep your sky, gym and credit cards, although it would be less money than usual so you would dip into your savings because you would know that you have money coming in even if no the same amount every month to replace them eventually. Only that when you do receive more money it's never enough to replace your savings, so you continue to use your savings and they become smaller and smaller...).

ive had the no weight loss problem here too for 3 weeks. I have however been gyming it for 4 - 6 hrs a week so hoping its a case of muscle replacing fat loss. I bought a tape measure tonight so will measure body parts tomorrow and keep track of them in the hope they motivate me! :)

Good luck with the loss of inches and lbs :D

Little Miss Diet said:
ive had the no weight loss problem here too for 3 weeks. I have however been gyming it for 4 - 6 hrs a week so hoping its a case of muscle replacing fat loss. I bought a tape measure tonight so will measure body parts tomorrow and keep track of them in the hope they motivate me! :)

Good luck with the loss of inches and lbs :D

Thanks inches feels great and I'm getting lots of comments at work - scales have to shift soon!!

Good luck with the measurements

Back