3 months in and still going strong

haha - take it steady but have a good night.

Well done

xx

Not been good again, just can't seem to get through a full day without little cheats which is so silly. I seem to be ok all day until about 6pm then just want to eat! So stayed the same this week.

Hoping to refinfd the "zone" and positive outlook I know need! I've got a brand new target date though as my daughter is getting married May 28th - it was going to be next year but as everything is so expensive they won't be able to save up in time, and just want to get on with getting hitched, so they are going low budget instead & bringing everything forward! So with the big event looming I should hopefully be able to focus!

When I reached that stage owup I had to take a break from Exante coz I wasn't getting anywhere. Glad to hear you had a sts though - much better than a gain.

Well I am moving towards more of an Atkins style diet I think which will hopefully work - but I have lots of exante food still so will try to persevere - perhaps 2 meals & then a low carb protien dinner would work ok - working solution style I guess. I love the morning hot shake though, and as I have to get out of the house early (early for me anyway!) it really suits me so I will carry on with that. I will check out the carbs and look at the Atkins info a bit more - to be honest I don't really know the full info on it so I need to do some research! All I know is that you can eat and my sister seems to get on ok with it.

I have had 2 good days though, so maybe I will get on ok for a bit! (I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure....!)

You're starting to sound like me owup, lol. I love my shake in the morning as well and really missed it during my brief return to Atkins last week. The shakes are too high in carbs for Atkins induction I'm afraid but I don't know what the Atkins shakes are like.

Since you have packs left you might want to consider refeeding a little before changing over, just gradually introduce more food. That way you won't have the gain that comes with going back to food.

I think you are probably right JoanneM, a gradual change will be better than a sudden move to food!

I'm going to be pretty busy all weekend so hopefully will get on ok, an maybe by monday I will have sorted by head out a bit. I really want to get out of the 13's and exante does work so much quicker than when I am simply trying to "eat healthily".

Hope you are getting on ok - got anything good planned for the weekend?

It's always so much easier when you're busy. Hang in there - you can do this

xxx

I have no plans at all this weekend unfortunately. My kids go away every second weekend so when they are here they usually have their own plans with friends and the like so I don't do anything really.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Hi, back after a 2 week break. Really enjoyed various family celebrations over the last couple of weeks plus a holiday (at home) and had made the choice to not think about dieting at all, or worry what I ate - as you can see from the gains it wasn't the best plan, but what the heck!

I have decided to stick with the exante plan for about 3 more weeks until I have used up my packs and then will move onto a different approach and see how I get on. I am going to do a bit of research on what would work well for me and enable me to have a sustainable loss of a 1lb or 2 a week.

I am still determined to carry on towards my target so if that means changing onto another plan I think that is ok. Thinking back to when I started this I only expected to hang on for a week or two on exante, so I am really pleased to have achieved so much so far.

Hiyah I was in the same dilemma so in the end i opted to have 2 exante meals and a low carb meal on a night, such as bacon and eggs( grilled) steak and salad, fish and green veg etc...Ive continued to loose weight and feel alot happier that i can have a meal with the family

You should still be having your 3 packs and a meal though, not 2. That's WS

I was the same way Owup. I think there does come a point when enough is enough. You have to do what is right for you and if Exante no longer is then I wouldnt beat myself up about it.

Hi Joanne, - I am feeling quite good about things at the moment - having made my mind up has helped - I think as long as I am still trying to find a way forward that suits me that is all good.

I have found this week a lot easier except for a few tricky moments, and have been pretty much 100% so I am hoping for a good weigh in result tomorrow morning. I have joined a gym today as well!! my daughter goes there already (intermittently!) and we thought we could encourage each other to go - I really enjoyed the initial session and am going back tomorrow & Friday evening - maybe Thursday as well but tat will be on my own & not sure if I am ready for that yet.

Hope all going ok with you and that you are getting on ok.

Great idea to keep each other motivated - good luck with it

xx

Hiya,

just a note to say cheerio for now. I am almost done with exante now, had 3 meals per day with a normal meal as well last week & this week have cut down to 2 meals with 1 snack & 1 normal meal - last week wine & beer was added though on top - so although I lost quite a bit the week before I put on 2lb last week - put more on over the weekend then took myself in hand again and feel I am on track for a normal lower calorie low fat weight loss plan along with the gym - which I love !(who would have thought it!) doing 3 nights a week at gym plus a couple of good brisk walks on the weekend - back to where I was a couple of weeks ago now - 13 st 1lb, and am confident that things should shift at about 1lb or 2lb per week now that the initial "refeeding" is done.

Whatever the scales say, i am feeling loads better, with much better energy levels and more positive - so long may it last.

Good luck to everyone out there on exante - especially total solution - it is a fantastic plan to make a real difference to your life, I know there is no way I could have sustained this long unless I had the big losses that you only really get on these vlcd's.

I will no doubt be back on this site in the future - probably under a weight watchers thread - I may have a new sign in as well - but will pop back on here to say hello sometime.

XX

Back