3 months in and still going strong

owup here we go

Hi, I am totally new to this type of thing, but can see its a good way to share lots of info. and encouragement. Started exante last week, day 9 today and starting to realise what a long haul this will be. But I am the most positive I have been about gaining control of my weight for years.

Last edited:
:welcome: You sound really motivated and you'll find lots of help and inspiration here. Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

Thanks, if I can get off to a flying start over the first few weeks I am hoping to be able to move onto a low calorie / healthy eating plan which is really sustainable in the long term.

Hello and :welcome2:

Good luck with your weight loss journey ! :)

Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

2nd week still ok, except weekend away in wet Cornwall tried my willpower, managed to keep 100% though so I am puzzled why I did not lose more this week. Hey ho! I will keep at it although will need to have a few days with just 2 shakes a day & 1 small low carb meal - until more soup & bars arrive!

Does anyone know if it is ok to mix up a combi of say 1 or 2 exante meal replacements (shake, bars) with another meal eplacement from another company? Or do you think that route spells disaster and no Ketosis?

Also why is citric acid a problem and does chewing gum really contain enough to be a problem (I am worried about bad breath! I work in a packed office and frequently have to work closely with colleagues!!)

Hi, yes its a good start but I do have a very long way to go. Planning ahead a bit but not too far.

Just to say a quick hello and good luck xx

Does anyone know if it is ok to mix up a combi of say 1 or 2 exante meal replacements (shake, bars) with another meal eplacement from another company? Or do you think that route spells disaster and no Ketosis?

Also why is citric acid a problem and does chewing gum really contain enough to be a problem (I am worried about bad breath! I work in a packed office and frequently have to work closely with colleagues!!)

I cant imagine things like CD or LL products being a problem when people doing that rely on ketosis etc. Wouldnt think things like Slimfast etc would work

Id be interested to know about the chewing gum mind you, Im paranoid about ketosis breath

i have a couple of different meals in the house from dietameal and be-yu, all work along the same principles, lots of protein, low cals, low carbs so i think its ok? ive not seen any adverse effects?

gold spot breath spray is your best bet against death breath mind you! x

Thanks Paula & Starlight. I had to substitute a few meals in week 2 for drop weight (Asda) bars & soup as I was away for the weekend and did not plan ahead with my order - ingredients looked similar, but it may not have helped cos only lost 2lb - this week lost 5lb even tho' I had 2 "real" meals - but v low carb, low fat & high protien. I had a few pieces of gum as well - not chewing all day o anything - just a few minutes at appropriate times.

Welcome to the board, I'm a newbie too. Only starting Exante today. Look forward to sharing my experience and hearing about yours.

Hi Sonya,
hope you are getting on ok so far with exante - sorry not to reply earlier, I don't visit the site every day - but at least twice a week so far. I'm finding it really helpful sticking to the Exante threads, some of the others talk too much about food & recipies - I may feel braver later & start joining in with some other threads soon.

hi there, I'm another newbe too. Have done vlcd b4 though so know the score

Hello Angie, welcome and good luck. It sounds as thogh you know what to expect and yor targets look so organised!
What a beautiful baby, well done on being determined to shift the baby weight. My babies are 26 & 24 now!! so I took a long time to get back some motivation!

:wavey:Hello, just wanted to update here - onto the sixth week now and so far so good. its my birthday at the end of the month so I am hoping to get to 14st 7 by then - which would be 9 more lbs from today. Not sure if its do-able but I will give it my best shot - then I will take an add-a-meal week (or 5 days) and get back to 100% again for as long as I can. I am so amazed at this and can't believe I have been getting on so well! :)

good for you - you seem very determined!
I need to lose around 2-3 stone. If I think of it in 8lb chunks, I'll get there.:)
I could say I also have baby weight, but my wee one is now 6.....!!
heidi x

Back