3 more weigh in's before maintainence

Trose1203

Hey ladies & gentlemen, I have three more weeks before going to maintenance, i would stay on a few weeks longer but going on holidays, im planning to go to w.w's right after the hols, but i'm really scared of coming off this, did anyone else feel that way when moving to maintenance.

I'm not there yet either but I can totally relate. I have about 12 weeks or so left at the rate Im losing (my gain this week didn't help either -.- ) and actually I am taking comfort in the fact it's slowed down a bit because I am dreading eating again.

I think it's only natural to feel this way because on LT your choices are removed, you just get up, drink your shakes and dont have to think about food. On maintenance you're going to have to start cooking and shopping and making choices and all of that leaves the way open to temptation.

I bought a few "healthy eating on a budget" recipe books to try and help get me in the mood and give me ideas for new things to try as well as helping with portion control, maybe that'd be worth a thought? x

Hey ladies & gentlemen, I have three more weeks before going to maintenance, i would stay on a few weeks longer but going on holidays, im planning to go to w.w's right after the hols, but i'm really scared of coming off this, did anyone else feel that way when moving to maintenance.

Yes!!!!! Totally terrified.......wrote it all down in refeed every day! Still write down everything that I eat on the maintenance forum where we support each other. Trose, we look forward to you joining us!

Get yourself acquainted with myfitnesspal.com it's really informative and helps you keep track of what you're eating. Btw I gave up LT at the beginning of November and I actually weigh less now then I did then:D

I'm jealous - only 3 weeks to go! 108lb loss is amazing as is staying on this for as long as you have. I understand your concern though and I've only been doing this for 2.5 weeks. I've already ordered some WW recipe books for when I finish as I want to start thinking about healthy meals I can cook now. Head down now to the finishing line. Well done.

Well done Trose! I'm not looking forward to eating again, temptation :-( But look at the will u have to achieve such a fantastic loss, u can do it & look to Sandra the expert lol she's done so well x

Well done Trose! I'm not looking forward to eating again, temptation :-( But look at the will u have to achieve such a fantastic loss, u can do it & look to Sandra the expert lol she's done so well x

That's very kind of you to say so sweetheart. Tbh sometimes I look in the mirror and can hardly believe that I actually did it:D

I'll be happy to help any of you any which way I can x

Ooohh not long to go now Trose xx Looking forward to having you over in maintenance section :)

SandraB said:
That's very kind of you to say so sweetheart. Tbh sometimes I look in the mirror and can hardly believe that I actually did it:D

I'll be happy to help any of you any which way I can x

Thanx Sandra, I'll be oining you in 5-6 wks then lol, thinking of staying on tfr for 12-14 wks in total not sure yet x

I would have liked to stay on this until i got to my chemist target of 11stone 9 for me,,,but my hols are coming up and if i come off lipotrim my chemist said i cant go on it again for 6 months, are all of your chemists this strict about it.

Hi Trose

I had my WI on Monday and mentioned to the chemist that I thought the 2nd week was much harder than the first. She said do you want to continue - well of course I do but just mentioned I was feeling hungry etc. She said if I decide to come off it I may have a long wait before I can go back on it and that is if they accept me back on it. She said they are getting very strict now as too many people are stopping and starting on LT and it is not good to go in and out of ketosis.

Thanx Sandra, I'll be oining you in 5-6 wks then lol, thinking of staying on tfr for 12-14 wks in total not sure yet x

I had to stop when I did but tbh I'd had enough by then! Quite a few of us have found that 12 weeks seems to be bearable but then you start getting seriously fed up and want, not to mention need, to get a bit of a life again. My OH had been wonderfully supportive but he was totally fed up too......I think Exante advocates 12 week stints and then an enforced break and that's probably a good idea. Not so good if you can't get back into it though:(

SandraB said:
I had to stop when I did but tbh I'd had enough by then! Quite a few of us have found that 12 weeks seems to be bearable but then you start getting seriously fed up and want, not to mention need, to get a bit of a life again. My OH had been wonderfully supportive but he was totally fed up too......I think Exante advocates 12 week stints and then an enforced break and that's probably a good idea. Not so good if you can't get back into it though:(

Yeah I've read that somewhere too, something about tfr for 12 wk then maintain for a couple of months before recommencing, thus allowing the body to adjust. I'm just going to see how it goes. I'm happy with my progress so far to say I was just gonna take it a day at a time and finish when ever I felt I wanted too x

I read somewhere about pharmacists getting tougher on allowing people to restart after a shortish break because going in and out of ketosis isn't good for you. Has anyone else had this experience? I was thinking about doing the 12 weeks and then taking a break but am worried I won't be allowed back on if I only break for a couple of months. Anyone throw any light on this?

Hi Trose

I had my WI on Monday and mentioned to the chemist that I thought the 2nd week was much harder than the first. She said do you want to continue - well of course I do but just mentioned I was feeling hungry etc. She said if I decide to come off it I may have a long wait before I can go back on it and that is if they accept me back on it. She said they are getting very strict now as too many people are stopping and starting on LT and it is not good to go in and out of ketosis.

Ahh, that's where I read it. Sorry, it's my age!

Yes, very terrified!!!!!!!

But i fully believe that keeping track of my food everyday from refeed right up to now, over a year later has really helped.

My chemist wasnt so strict as I did have a little break in between, it wasnt meant to be a break as i decided i was happy where i was but then had 3 holidays and came back and thought nope want to lose more.

If you really did want to go back onto it after your hol is there another chemist you can try? xxx

Where has this 12 week buisness come from?

I've been out of the tfr loop for a fair bit but I was on tfr for over 20 weeks and pharmacy never had a problem with it. x

I started Tfr 3 time round, had a short bout fir 3 months and come off to go on hols, chemist said it needed yo be 3 months between Tfr.

Like summer girl, I was on Tfr fir 24 weeks no breaks in-between

Hi Trose!

Congrats on your losses! I'm also moving onto refeed & maintenance in about 3 weeks. Only 13lbs away from goal now, and I'm averaging a steady 3lbs a week at the moment so should only be a few lbs off goal by the time i do refeed! See you in the refeed/maintenance forum!

Reading everyone elses posts about their pharmacists makes me realise how utterly rubbish my one is! He's lovely, but has not weighed me once and sells me as many LT products as I want, usually in month supplies. I reckon he'd sell me a years supply if I wanted it! Oh well, quite proud I've managed to stay TFR without the weekly weigh ins at the pharmacy to be honest.

x

This thread has thrown my plans out if kilter. I only started TFR on Monday 14th Feb, less than a week ago. I am going on holiday on 22nd april until 2nd May, 10th Jun for two weeks and 3rd September for two weeks.

I had it in my mind that I would do TFR until about a week before each holiday, do refeed and eat sensibly on the holidays and then resume TFR after each holiday. From what I read here my pharmacist won't let me do that.

Ah well, looks like TFR until about 15th April and eat well until after my September holiday.

Disappointing as I was hoping to have my bikini body back in time for September with the help of LT.

I could always cheat and go to a different pharmacy :eek:

Biffo, your chemist might be okay with it or you could lie (i know im awful) and say your going to stay 100% while your away & if your up when you come back say you had a bad but your going to try harder this week......im like the evil angel on your shoulder lol

Back