3 Weeks In- Finding it tough!

NewYearNewMe

Hi,
Just checking to see if anyone else has had the same experience? Was 3 weeks into the diet on Sunday, but from Friday - was just feeling really down, low energy and things not moving along as they should (you know what i mean!)

From Saturday had really dull ache on my left side, even with taking fibre and natural laxatives! The pain persisted thru the weekend until yesterday - I ended up having 2 slices of toast!

All back to normal this morning - have been completely off CD today - but hoping to get back on tomorrow.

Work has been getting pretty stressful over the last 2 weeks and wondering if that's part of the problem?

Would appreciate hearing from any one who's been in the same boat - and picked themselves up and kept on going!

Thx!

I'm 3 weeks in also, I've had stinking flu and a terrible burning stomach. I lay down last night on the sofa because my stomach was burning with hunger again and ended up with a mouth full of acid, blueghh:jelous:I felt really high the first week, second week very low and ill, this week I'm trying to be positive but the low moods keep creeping in. I find myself feeling cut off from family and friends as I can't always be around listening to them all gobbling food when I can't, it's like torture!:raincloud:Sorry! My moaning probably doesn't help, but I expect everyone feels low on this diet at some point, you are not alone. It's not easy so be proud of what you have already achieved:D The low moods pass eventually. You can do it! :cool:

Thanks for the reply, and in a weird way - i think it helps to know there's someone else feeling the same! I was exactly the same week one - great, high as a kite, week 2 - still had great energy, but this last week it's not that I've found the diet tough, but just have had no energy and feeling really stressed and down....

But new day tomorrow - so will try and get positive vibes back! :)

It's worse when you're stressed, maybe when work calms down you might feel better? I've done this diet before and sailed through no probs for 6 weeks. This time I'm stressed about having a back operation and being on long term sick from work which I think is contributing to feeling low. I also find I always have low energy on this diet and I'm always freezing cold. You will feel low at points though, thats why anyone with severe depression isn't allowed to do SS. I just keep telling myself it's only for a few months of my life :D

Hi,
This is my first exeprience with CD and only at my 4th day though as many of us I've tried different diets ways of getting in a rountine.
With CD I intend to drop my last pounds but earlier in January I actually lost 14 kg on my own. It was tough and I'm just not in that frame of mind anymore (hence why I thought about going to a CDC and dieting with my housemate) but I can assure you once you see those kg going off you'll feel so much better for what you have achieved! You'll look different, you'll act different around people as you're confidence goes up and you'll smile much more!
So when you're low (and we all get lows no matter which diet) just think about yourself with a positive attitude and that all you're going through now is going to be worth it!
When you'll reach your goal you'll be so proud of yourself!! Just hang in there, it is all worth it!!!
What is a few months, a spur of the moment against years of feeling great about yourself?

Hi Plinka

I very much agree with you. Already since losing 34 pounds (its my fortnightly weigh-in this Saturday) I am smiling more, holding my head up, dressing smarter and feeling better about myself.
How much do you want to lose Plinka, I am aiming for at least another 2 stones x

Back