3 weeks in

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I have always been big i'm 5"8 & weight 16st.3lb. I have always been on a diet and now i have been on slimfast for 3 weeks.
week 1) lost 5lb
week 2) lost 2 lb
week 3) gained 2 lb and have lost motivation.
What keeps you all motivated and inspired. I want to keep on with the slimfast diet but need some advise on what you eat throughout the day.
Thank you:D

Hi Lyndzi,
Big hugs.
Don't be down heartened or give up, we all feel like this and the first couple of weeks can be very difficult. This forum is great for motivation and inspiration, just pop on if you're not feeling great, post a message and you'll get lots of support from people who know exactly how you are feeling as they've been there themselves. Why don't you join a challenge to keep you motivated? There is a section of the forum just for challenges or I've just started a new slimfast one here.
Throughout the day I have a shake for breakfast, usually a mid morning snack (although don't always feel like it), shake for lunch, usually afternoon snack, dinner, then snack for evening. Snack wise I'll have fruit, crackers with cheese spread or ham/chicken slice, cereal bar, muller light, even a packet of walkers baked or maybe a kit kat as a treat. There is a lot you can have, as long as it doesn't go over 100 cals you're fine :) Have a look in the supermarket as all do their own healthy eating range with low cal/low fat foods. Dinner wise, I'll have chicken or pork with veg or salad etc, or even a ready meal with some extra salad/veg. Again loads you can have. My dinners are usually around 400 cals, 600 is actually quite a lot if you look at the calorie content of meals you can have you'll be surprised of what you can eat.

Good luck x

Thank you for the post it was a great help.
So far today i have had -
Breakfast - none (as got up late)
Lunch - Shake
Snack Pretzels
Tea - Will be Pork Chop with loads of veg.

Just hope i can keep it up:p

You can do it!!!! I was exactly the same as you I done the slimfast diet and now have moved to just a low fat diet. It is really hard to keep motivated what I do to keep motivated now is I have brought an item of clothing that is the size I want to be and I keep thinking to myself if I keep up losing the weight I am going to fit in them jeans and feel great I made a goal to fit in them jeans and have promised myself that I will do it!! Just think positive and think about the end result when you get down to the weight you want to be.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GOOD LUCK!!:)

Too early to give up, Lyndzi. Look at what you've done already- half a stone in only two weeks. That's wonderful. Stirky's right too. Just being on here and seeing that everyone else is going through the same thing but sticking with it (AND losing weight) is really inspiring. The challenges are the kick in the pants I need. Hang in there, you'll do it.

Back