3 years today since I reached target.

loobylou

Reached Target. woohoo
Just thought I'd share with you all that I reached my target weight 3 years ago today, cant believe where the time has gone. Losing 4 and half stone was one of the best things I have done. It has given me confidence and I feel so much better about myself. :) I still attend my local Slimming World class and I know 100% that this has helped me maintain my weight loss. I have also gained so much information, tips and helpful hints from all who post here on Minimins and want to thank everyone. A big thanks guys xxx Looby

A double well done looby - one for the loss and the other for maintaining.

I personally find you an inspiration. I've found it sooooo easy to get a bit complacent after a loss and end up totally losing my way. I've learned now that a rare blip is understandable (and you may well have had them yourself) but dusting yourself down, getting right back on plan and learning from the experience is the key to reducing those blips.

Well done again chick & a very merry Christmas

A double well done looby - one for the loss and the other for maintaining.

I personally find you an inspiration. I've found it sooooo easy to get a bit complacent after a loss and end up totally losing my way. I've learned now that a rare blip is understandable (and you may well have had them yourself) but dusting yourself down, getting right back on plan and learning from the experience is the key to reducing those blips.

Well done again chick & a very merry Christmas
Thanks hun, yes I have had a few blips but thats life and life sometimes gets in the way lol, but we learn how to deal with it and as you say dust ourselves off and get back on the straight and narrow. I think about how much more I would have weighed if I hadnt of joined SW when I did. Thanks again hun. xxx Looby

Wowzers, I'd love to be able to say that in 3 years time... Well done loobylou x
Thanks hun, thats what I used to say when I first started and saw other peoples weight losses but it can be done. xxx Looby

here's hoping that next year it will be us at target. 3 stone off 2 - 2 1/2 to go.
Well done on losing 3 stones hun, you will get the other pounds off no problem. xxx Looby

Amazing well done !!!!!!! You must feel totally different x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats fantastic well done. I have been at target for 6 months now, tell me how do you maintain? My weight although always in the target band is up and down like a yoyo. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

It is bunnylush! Having to keep within the 6lbs range is quite hard, and of course if you keep within that then there is no fee to pay. In some ways its harder than losing if that makes sense ha ha

Do you up your HEXA HEXB 's all the time? Or more syns? Or just randomly try whatever? I just wondered how you maintain still on plan? Thanks,you're an inspiration x

Hi bunnylush, when I got to target my c told me to up my h es rather than increase syns which makes sense really. But to be honest I bob up and down all the time, but basically still stick to what I did before when I was losing. I do weigh myself at home too (I didnt when I was losing) so I have an idea where I am with regard to the non payment band ie 3lb over target and 3lbs under. I dont want to start paying again. If I am under I will have a few treats, never been over thank goodness.I do find it difficult though to have treats and S W has become such a way of life that I dont think about increasing h es too much. The theory is that you increase your h es till you stop maintaining then stop increasing. Hope this helps

hollys nan said:
Hi bunnylush, when I got to target my c told me to up my h es rather than increase syns which makes sense really. But to be honest I bob up and down all the time, but basically still stick to what I did before when I was losing. I do weigh myself at home too (I didnt when I was losing) so I have an idea where I am with regard to the non payment band ie 3lb over target and 3lbs under. I dont want to start paying again. If I am under I will have a few treats, never been over thank goodness.I do find it difficult though to have treats and S W has become such a way of life that I dont think about increasing h es too much. The theory is that you increase your h es till you stop maintaining then stop increasing. Hope this helps

Thanks, I lost 6 stone with SW ,after child birth 17 years ago, but I got do slim,I decided going out was more fun than staying to class lol, so I didn't really get into the maintaining routine. I just danced a lot! This time I won't be going out clubbing,I'll stay at class ;)

Thats fantastic well done. I have been at target for 6 months now, tell me how do you maintain? My weight although always in the target band is up and down like a yoyo. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Hi, sorry for late reply. I do Extra Easy but have 2 HEXBs instead of one which works out to 49 syns per week and then usually have about 40 syns a week so basically ive upped my weekly syns by about 19-20 altogether.
Ive done this since EE started, before that I just upped syns.
I prefer to use them for hexs. Now this works for me but might need tweeking for anyone else.
Hope ive explained it right LOL
xxx Looby

loobylou said:
Hi, sorry for late reply. I do Extra Easy but have 2 HEXBs instead of one which works out to 49 syns per week and then usually have about 40 syns a week so basically ive upped my weekly syns by about 19-20 altogether.
Ive done this since EE started, before that I just upped syns.
I prefer to use them for hexs. Now this works for me but might need tweeking for anyone else.
Hope ive explained it right LOL
xxx Looby

Excuse my stupidity, but what do you use the rest of your syns on! You say you use 49 on extra b choices, then only use another 40 a week, but you say you've UPPED them by about 19-20, so what do you use the other 35-36 on? Or have I missed something? Just curious! Even tho I'm ages off target! x

Welshtigger said:
Excuse my stupidity, but what do you use the rest of your syns on! You say you use 49 on extra b choices, then only use another 40 a week, but you say you've UPPED them by about 19-20, so what do you use the other 35-36 on? Or have I missed something? Just curious! Even tho I'm ages off target! x

Maybe I'm being really stupid!! Did you only have 70 a week to begin with? Maybe thats why ive got confused!!

Maybe I'm being really stupid!! Did you only have 70 a week to begin with? Maybe thats why ive got confused!!
Sorry hun, Its the way i explained it, Whilst losing weight I had 10 syns a day (70 per week) on red and green plans, but when i reached target I prefered EE plan, but need more than 1 hexb choice so i have an extra hexb every day which is 6 syns (49 syns per week) leaving 21 syns from my 70, but because i have to maintain and not lose any more weight i add about 20 syns per week (90). I use them on my favourite food which is crusty bread or if its someones birthday in work (they bring cakes) I have something but count it in my syn allowance. As I said it takes a bit of trial and error to find out how many extra syns works to maintain.
Sorry about the confusion hun, hope this makes more sense. xxx Looby

Back