30 day activity challenge

Well done everyone!

Your doing fab xxx

Goreygirl -:
Toots -: Day 2 :checkmark: 45 min spin
jillcambridge -:
redhead66 -: 30 min dog walk
Great things-: day 2 - 30 mins core stability class
20 mins interval run (half of what i usually do)
15 mins interval training on the bike (hill mode)
15 mins on the cross trainer, fast
10 mins on the stairclimber on interval (fat burn - 40 floors climbed)

Well done guys!

I'm starting today so will fill it in later after I'm done.

Weather here is getting pretty c**p so am going to need to train in gym (considering I am paying for it anyway).. am going to go for this Great Gym Challenge :D

The plan is to do the running part outdoors whenever the weather permits though as I want to start running as a hobby.

looks interesting :) running outside is so much nicer than running on the dreadmill

Goreygirl -:
Toots -: Day 3 :checkmark: 45 min walk

jillcambridge -:

Goreygirl -: Day 1 :checkmark: 75 minute yoga class
Toots -: Day 3 :checkmark: 45 min walk
jillcambridge -:

Bella -pressing pause for 1 day..

when I went to sleep last night I realised the committing to real work outs meant more that weight loss or fitness..I knew because I felt some resistance in my gut. :confused:.it makes no sense because I have gym membership ,workout playlists on my ipod, a treadmill and weights at home and a gazzilion work out DVDs. But I felt a distinct contraction in my gut, so I am going to write about it in my starbucks 90 mins this morning and hopefully be ready afterwards

Hi ladies, has this ground to a halt?. If so that's a pity..I'll move the intent over to my blog, but it was a jolly good idea because it got me thinking

I've restarted today after a false start last week if you want to join me?

Day 1-7; only 2 days done :(
Day 8; 60 minute pilates class

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Sorry forgot to update

Day 4:checkmark: walking
Day 5 :checkmark:walking
Day 6 :checkmark:body balance
day 7 :checkmark:walking

Not going to be able to do anything tomorrow. Have meetings in Manchester - so that's busy all day plus approx 7 hours of driving depending on traffic :rolleyes:

xxxx

Wow Toots

That's fantastic!!! Did you have a daily routine before or is the start of a new habit?

Though I expect for me it will be an on going thing to include body activity in my daily routine and to examine the reasons when I go-slow , so I'll post updates in retrospect, when I have them.

Good on you toots

Last edited:
my diary of the week:-

day 1 - swimming with matthew, water babies
day 2 - 30 mins core stability class
500 cals burnt.
day 3 - nowt but you can't exercise every single day. you need rest days too.
day 4 - 30 min core class
25 min run (2.5 miles - still feeling tired)
20 mins hill bike heart rate max was 150, average was level 9.
cals burnt 450 (estimated)
day 5- cleaned the house
day 6- walked round the shops
day 7- 2.6 mile run in 26 mins (shorter than my usual 4 miles but the weather put me off, raining :( and i wimped out) 350 cals burnt
day 8- waterbabies again with dude. ran up and down the stairs a few times.

was reading my running mag and found an article about weight loss and running. states that as you run you will burn not only stored carbs but fat too. the more your body gets used to running the less carbs (glucogen stores) it uses and the more efficient it gets at burning fat during running and not only that it will more readily use fat to burn rather than carbs whilst doing other exercise be it cleaning the house etc.

Last edited:
Well done "great things". And that article about running and fat loss is really inspiring :D I've signed up to a 10k in March so start training for that tomorrow.

Wow Toots

That's fantastic!!! Did you have a daily routine before or is the start of a new habit?

Used to be in the gym nearly every day then started my new job in january! Then I got out of the habit

Your challenge has given me the kick up the bum to do something everyday - when possible - even if it's just walking

So thanks for that ;)

xxxx

Used to be in the gym nearly every day then started my new job in january! Then I got out of the habit

Your challenge has given me the kick up the bum to do something everyday - when possible - even if it's just walking

So thanks for that ;)

xxxx

I know what you mean toots half of gyming it is getting back into the habit of getting there early. I faff about in the mornings way too long to make the first train, then I find reasons not to go at all cos after the first 45 mins the gym fills up with the city guys and gals and then the changing rooms fill up and its a very different experience, plus I have this thing about wanting my favourite shower cubicle first while it is still pristine and free from anyone elses soap suds..which is all possible but only if I get the early train into town. This thread is great motivation and reminder that health is not just about weight loss .

Bella

Shock horror and amazement! The alarm went off at 7.30; I snoozed it once and then I got up and went out and did Week 1 Day 1 of my running training programme!

Feel great now because I'm like you Bella; if I procrastinate at all I come up with all sorts of reasons not to do it.

day 1 - swimming with matthew, water babies
day 2 - 30 mins core stability class
500 cals burnt.
day 3 - nowt but you can't exercise every single day. you need rest days too.
day 4 - 30 min core class
25 min run (2.5 miles - still feeling tired)
20 mins hill bike heart rate max was 150, average was level 9.
cals burnt 450 (estimated)
day 5- cleaned the house
day 6- walked round the shops
day 7- 2.6 mile run in 26 mins (shorter than my usual 4 miles but the weather put me off, raining :( and i wimped out) 350 cals burnt
day 8- waterbabies again with dude. ran up and down the stairs a few times.
Day 9 - 4 mile run 460 cals burnt
10 mins interval training on the stairclimber 110 cals burnt
10 mins on the bike fast - 100 cals burnt
5 mins cross trainer 50 cals
Total is 720

Back