30 Day Shred Challenge

Oh you clever girl Miss_C!! thank you :)

I just felt compelled to pop on and share with you all that having done Day 3, Level 1 this morning, I'm actually not in pain! Think that means I need to up my weights from tomorrow (meant to do it today but they're out in the garage and I didn't get round to rescuing them last night!). But I'm really pleased that I'm not hobbling around like an old lady today!

I just felt compelled to pop on and share with you all that having done Day 3, Level 1 this morning, I'm actually not in pain! Think that means I need to up my weights from tomorrow (meant to do it today but they're out in the garage and I didn't get round to rescuing them last night!). But I'm really pleased that I'm not hobbling around like an old lady today!

Great news, well done!

I had my WI today and only lost 0.5lb, so I was a little disappointed, even if I know the shredding is probably making me retain a bit of water. However, I tried to cheer myself up by taking some measurements today and it has really cheered me up :clap:
I have lost 2cm from my hips and 2cm from my waist, and 2cm off the jelly belly!!! In 4 days!! I can't believe it. I wasn't expecting there to be any difference yet, despite the aching in my legs (which have seen no change!) And especially with a minimal weight loss this week.

I had to share as I am so pleased, it has spurred me on to stretch myself further tonight!! Hope you all have a good day today xx

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Well done you! xx

I was going to wait until the end of Level 1 before measuring but maybe I should do it sooner as extra motivation!

Definitely think I'm going to have gained when I WI on Tuesday but it'll be from the shredding and all the water I'm drinking because I've been 100% on plan.

I missed today because I was horribly hung over this morning! I have come away for the weekend but have packed my DVD and weights and will be back on it in the morning! Will follow with a run to make up for missing today!

You all sound like you are doing great! I am hoping I have felt the last of the pain! Ha!

L1 D5 tomorrow! X

Those of you shredding early morning... What do you eat before if anything? I get out of bed at 6 and shred straight away but need to eat afterwards!! This morning I have woken with a cracking headache but need to shred as missed it yesterday and want to run down the beach straight after! Brown toast and ham?? Don't think I could do milk just yet x

Miss_Corset said:
Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Well done you! xx

I was going to wait until the end of Level 1 before measuring but maybe I should do it sooner as extra motivation!

Definitely think I'm going to have gained when I WI on Tuesday but it'll be from the shredding and all the water I'm drinking because I've been 100% on plan.

I haven't done my start up measurements! Infact I have never measured! Must do this x

My dvd arrived this morning gonna start it Tuesday morning after Mon nites WI. Actually very excited ;-)

I shred as soon as I get up so nothing before but always drink a pint of water straight after and during the week have breakfast as soon as I get to work about 7.45ish x

L1 Day 6 complete, and today was sooo different. Far less out of breath and not stiff either! Just as I'm getting this sorted we'll be on to level 2. I haven't sneaked a peak at it yet, has anyone else??

As for eating, I do my shredding in the evening, when my youngest two are in bed, and about 2hours after eating. But I am finding I get ravenous about an hour after the shred, so have to resist stuffing in loads of food just before bed, LOL!!

I've just finished day 5 of level 1. Finding I'm not dying on L1 which is good but I'm scared about what level 2 will bring so haven't peeked yet!!x

I have done 7 days now and the last 2 with Natalie and some additional exercise! I think my arms will ache tomorrow to be honest as really making them work (really conscious of them) I am thinking I may do level 2 tomorrow! Or are you meant to wait for 10 days!?

docmurphy said:
L1 Day 6 complete, and today was sooo different. Far less out of breath and not stiff either! Just as I'm getting this sorted we'll be on to level 2. I haven't sneaked a peak at it yet, has anyone else??

As for eating, I do my shredding in the evening, when my youngest two are in bed, and about 2hours after eating. But I am finding I get ravenous about an hour after the shred, so have to resist stuffing in loads of food just before bed, LOL!!

I have been so hungry afterwards! I do mine really early so I have to have some beans and toast before I set off to work and then cereal about 10:30!

I missed Shred for the first time today and I'm feeling really annoyed with myself! I was stressing about work and had a terrible nights sleep and just couldn't get myself out of bed at 5.30am! Had to be in the office for 7.30am and have a full day of meetings before going to a networking event tonight. I'm gonna be shattered! Did 5 days straight though so maybe a rest day isn't a bad thing? Did lots of gardening yesterday too so hopefully that burned a few calories! Back on it like Sonic tomorrow!

Your doing super Miss one day is not a bad thing at all, its just to make sure its not 2 like sometimes happens me lol mortified my bfs father arrived in yesterday as I was shredding and he laughed his head off at me! Its kinda funny now wasn't so funny at the time :)

Haha. Oh dear! My mum phoned me yesterday during my shred session - I was jogging on the spot to keep moving and it must have sounded pretty dodgy that I was so out of breath! lol.

I think it's going to be hard getting back into it tomorrow! Must make sure I brief the OH to bully me into getting up!!

HAHA you can do it - just think of the flat stomach! I've been trying to visualise putting on a really small pair of jeans with no muffin top its much harder to imagine than I thought it would be I kinda get the picture but I can't hold it for any length of time without seeing myself spill out of them!

This is true! I put on some cropped trousers yesterday and I definitely think there was a little bit less muffin going on, so that's brilliant motivation to keep going!

Right wi is done so will be starting 30ds in the morning. Wish me luck think im going 2 need it ;-) how has everyone found their loses since starting shred really need 2 get rid of my last 2lb to get back to target.

Level 1 day 8 done! I am recovering far quicker and I even woke this am with absolutely no aching. Definitely time to attempt at least some full press ups tomorrow I think!

I have done 7 days now and the last 2 with Natalie and some additional exercise! I think my arms will ache tomorrow to be honest as really making them work (really conscious of them) I am thinking I may do level 2 tomorrow! Or are you meant to wait for 10 days!?

I think you are meant to go for the 10, but I don't suppose it would make much difference to skip to L2 a day or two early. Just do an extra couple of L2 or level 3 to make up the full 30 days. I am just getting into my stride now on day 8...and I finally found my weights and can ditch the tins of chilli!!!

I missed Shred for the first time today and I'm feeling really annoyed with myself! I was stressing about work and had a terrible nights sleep and just couldn't get myself out of bed at 5.30am! Had to be in the office for 7.30am and have a full day of meetings before going to a networking event tonight. I'm gonna be shattered! Did 5 days straight though so maybe a rest day isn't a bad thing? Did lots of gardening yesterday too so hopefully that burned a few calories! Back on it like Sonic tomorrow!

A day off will do you no harm :) Just push that little bit harder tomorrow xx

Your doing super Miss one day is not a bad thing at all, its just to make sure its not 2 like sometimes happens me lol mortified my bfs father arrived in yesterday as I was shredding and he laughed his head off at me! Its kinda funny now wasn't so funny at the time :)

I know the feeling. Hubby was home at the weekend and although he was supposedly on the computer whilst I was shredding, I couldn't help but notice the occassional snigger from his corner :mad: I know I mustn't look the most attractive whilst completing my jumping jacks, but there was no need to be rude!! At least I'll know that whilst my waistline is shrinking, his is expanding. He is still trying to squeeze into a 36" waist when he really should swallow his pride and head for the 38's!! Better still he should join in with me - but I think hell mught freeze over first :cool:

HAHA you can do it - just think of the flat stomach! I've been trying to visualise putting on a really small pair of jeans with no muffin top its much harder to imagine than I thought it would be I kinda get the picture but I can't hold it for any length of time without seeing myself spill out of them!

This really cheered me up!!

Right wi is done so will be starting 30ds in the morning. Wish me luck think im going 2 need it ;-) how has everyone found their loses since starting shred really need 2 get rid of my last 2lb to get back to target.

I found that I only lost 0.5lb by day 5, but being a serial weigher :eek: I was really seeing a difference until last nights chinese - the fluid retention after all that salt has scuppered my losses at the mo. Am drinking for britain to wash it out, and kicking myself repeatedly for being too lazy to cook!!

Have fun shredding guys xx

Back