30 day shred workout

DO NOT DO IT WITOUT TRAINERS!:eek: thats the worst thing you can possibly do for your ankles and knees!!!! Trainers absorb some of the impact from the jumping.

Maybe you are wearing trainers that are too high in the ankle, or maybe you are overturning your foot when you do lunges etc?

The scientific evidence is building up nowadays to suggest that it's better to exercise without shoes as it doesn't restrict your natural movement etc. They even sell special five toe shoes for running lol. Personally - i do the jumping etc on the exercise mat anyway which is a slightly softer surface but i find it easier on my body to do it bearfoot.

I'm still too I'll to do it!! So frustrated, need to get back on it ASAP! :(

You and me both lovely, had a nightmare week last week, really fell off the wagon. Am kicking myself now - back at it with food but itching for dvd time on friday x

i do it barefoot too but am too ill to do it atm i cant wait to feel better and get back to normal.

Rkmriddell said:
The scientific evidence is building up nowadays to suggest that it's better to exercise without shoes as it doesn't restrict your natural movement etc. They even sell special five toe shoes for running lol. Personally - i do the jumping etc on the exercise mat anyway which is a slightly softer surface but i find it easier on my body to do it bearfoot.

Think I will try using the exercise mat for the cardio, see if that makes a difference. I'm going to miss today and try again tomorrow.

Shazzabir said:
Think I will try using the exercise mat for the cardio, see if that makes a difference. I'm going to miss today and try again tomorrow.

Have a long soak too. Always helps ;) x

Evening i did day 2 this morning before work..i also do it barefoot in the living room on our nice rug....bye for now x

Day 3 done!
The cardio is getting easier... Recovering faster!
My legs are killing me.... But it's great.
I've a busy few days so I'll have to plan ahead to keep up with the days... Fingers crossed!
Oh and lost 1lb this week, well delighted... It got me to my 1st silver 7!! Roll on( and off ha ha) the next 5 silvers!!

catmcmahon said:
Day 3 done!
The cardio is getting easier... Recovering faster!
My legs are killing me.... But it's great.
I've a busy few days so I'll have to plan ahead to keep up with the days... Fingers crossed!
Oh and lost 1lb this week, well delighted... It got me to my 1st silver 7!! Roll on( and off ha ha) the next 5 silvers!!

Well done on your 1st silver!! The plan will get easier :)

Rkmriddell said:
What biggest loser? Do they have a workout DVD. Haven't seen that one? Well done on the loss x

Biggest Loser is the show on tv at the moment, it's on a Mon night for Uk version and Tue night for US. Have u not seen it before? It really motivates me when I watch it. Yes I have the DVD and Wii game for it. They both sound quite challenging (not done either yet). X

Day 9 completed, despite ankles a bit sore, but managed to work through it. Almost at stage 2....!!

Shazzabir said:
Biggest Loser is the show on tv at the moment, it's on a Mon night for Uk version and Tue night for US. Have u not seen it before? It really motivates me when I watch it. Yes I have the DVD and Wii game for it. They both sound quite challenging (not done either yet). X

Yeah I watch the program but didnt know about the DVD or wii game. Let me know how you find them hun x I love the American one. Really gets me focused x

I bought this dvd nearly two weeks ago, I did it once, the day before weigh in and then gained 0.5lb at weigh in the next day, I convinced myself that it was because my muscles were aching soooo much they must be weighing heavier. Not sure this makes sense any more but it felt better to have a reason for the gain.

I am going to start again on this today, and see how I feel tomorrow. If I ache too much (I ached 3 days afterwards last week) I'll do it every other day until I ache less.

Yay I have a plan :eek:)

WELL DONE EVERYONE ON THEIR MOTIVATION!!!

I tried it for the first time last night. You wouldn't think that such simple movements could have me out of breath and dying after 12mins... I stuck with it but my skipping was very half hearted!!! Hope as people are saying it gets easier! x

I am on L1 D8 and I still find it quite hard but I do it regardless, I push myself and feel great after. Have turned to switching the TV volume down and my music up though.. she gets a bit annoying after a while! LOL.

Back