30 Day Shred

atchonblimp21

Just got the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred through...and gonna start it tom. Anyone else have the DVD and want to join me for the challenge? :D

i have it...but so can't do it. may have another bash at the weekend. good luck!

Thankyou :D I feel I'm gonna need it lol.

....Yeah, I know it's gonna be hard. But even if I get through 10 mins of it and then build up slowly it will be alot better than what I'm doing now. :)

I will! I haven't even touched my dvd of it yet but I've seen vids on youtube. As a huge Jillian fan I think it will be great. I will still be going to the gym 5 days a week in addition. Good luck! :)

well day one was a success, managed the whole 20 odd minuites, was great but exhausting.

Am aching like crazy today....but a nice ache. Can definately feel this one working!!!

:D

glad that you managed to do the whole 20 minutes - I have a copy but am waiting until I am a little bit fitter before I attempt it!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Just noticed this thread.

I'm on Day 16, now level 2

I can really feel this working, and my god I was sore on the first 3 days. It does get a lot easier though.

The only thing Im finding is the repetitiveness of the same workout every day.
I keet relling myself it's only 20 minutes though and so far have managed it every day

I did it for a bit last year, did level one and 2, but my fitness levels were already up a bit so I didn't get the same benefits that for example a beginner would get. I stopped for a bit and re-started with level 3 which was much harder than the first 2 and that does work you out, especially with the weights. (Depends what weights you use though, and I used 4.5kg ones so it was tough). I didn't find it intense enough though as say P90X which people get very good results with, but since that is too intense for me, I do Insanity with Shawn T now, which is the best workout program I've ever done. It's a bit like P90x (if you've heard of that), except a bit less intense, and you don't use things like resistance bands and all that. All workouts are bodyweight only, except the upper body one which you use weights. It's still very intense though and works you out alot.

Good luck with 30 day shred now. Make sure you consume a lot of protein. You don't want to lose your lean mass. ;)

I did it for a bit last year, did level one and 2, but my fitness levels were already up a bit so I didn't get the same benefits that for example a beginner would get. I stopped for a bit and re-started with level 3 which was much harder than the first 2 and that does work you out, especially with the weights. (Depends what weights you use though, and I used 4.5kg ones so it was tough). I didn't find it intense enough though as say P90X which people get very good results with, but since that is too intense for me, I do Insanity with Shawn T now, which is the best workout program I've ever done. It's a bit like P90x (if you've heard of that), except a bit less intense, and you don't use things like resistance bands and all that. All workouts are bodyweight only, except the upper body one which you use weights. It's still very intense though and works you out alot.

Good luck with 30 day shred now. Make sure you consume a lot of protein. You don't want to lose your lean mass. ;)

Wow! All the reviews say Insanity is sooo much harder than P90! Well done you.

I started my shred today and I'm really going to try and finish it this time. I've never finished any challenge I start, but I actually enjoyed this.

Have you seen our stats, Angel? They're practically identical! How bizarre! Are you following a particular diet or healthy eating?

Wow, i just saw your stats too lol. How very bizarre haha. All i can say is, SNAP. :D

I'm healthy eating or trying to anyway lol. Most days I get it right, a few days i be a bit naughty.

Have you tried out any of the insanity workouts yet?

Wow! All the reviews say Insanity is sooo much harder than P90! Well done you.

I started my shred today and I'm really going to try and finish it this time. I've never finished any challenge I start, but I actually enjoyed this.

Really? I thought people said P90x was harder. I tried a few of the P90x workouts before. I especially love the ab ripper x and the yoga, but the rest is so hard. I mean the fact that it's very muscle based as in you use a lot of muscle so each day your muscles are sore.

I'm not saying Insanity is easy, but it's more cardio based than P90x, and I'm sort of a fan of cardio at the moment lol. (Because it tires me out so I know i got a good workout in) I guess it depends individually. Some people prefer weights, others prefer cardio. Also, people may say Insanity is harder because it starts off intense and there are no beginner sort of alternatives to the exercises. For example, in P90x, you get a person doing alternative push ups if you can't do the proper ones, but in Insanity there's no such thing. I try to do as many as possible, but I have hardly any muscle on my arms, so hardly any strength for the push ups lol. Sometimes i skip this floor exercises altogether and just do the rest properly.

I guess it's 50/50.

I wouldn't recommend Insanity to a beginner, definitely not. I think you'd need your fitness levels up a bit, and be able to jump about without fear of injuring yourself or causing damage to your joints.

At the moment, I'm trying to incorporate a couple of the P90x workouts into my regime to make it more interesting lol.

Good luck with the 30 day shred. :)

& yeh i realise this is kind of a long reply haha.

Back