30 day Shred

Oh I agree 100% with you on this!

FYI - The Portuguese word for baby seal is Foquinah. I know this because this was the nickname given to me by a Brazilian guy after he saw me attempting crunches a few years ago!

hilarious

Happypear, welcome to our thread, we all have our ups and downs with this dvd but still sticking at it!
I have just had a two day break from it - I got to day 6, level 2 and just lost all my motivation. I decided to change routine and get up early to do it yesterday so there I was doing my own version of cat's baby seal impression at 7am yesterday! I must say it made a huge difference, I had more energy for the rest of the day and didn't spend the whole morning dreading that days shred.
I was hung up on doing it every single day but have relaxed a little now and happy if I do it every other day as long as I do my Wii fit or dance in between.
Jillian's voice is really annoying and I definately aim the punches at her head!

Well done everyone, its so good to see you're all here still!

Chair squats and the V-Fly in level 2 are killing me. Jillian wants my shoulders to burn and they are. She wants me to gargle my heart and I am. I seriously can't imagine anything more difficult.

Thank you for the welcome! I seem to have lost all motivation with it lately... I seem to have got to the point where I don't seem to be getting any much better at most of it and I'm rubbish at self-motivation :cry:. I know I just need to get out of this defeatist "I'm no good at it so why bother" state of mind and get on with it!

It's really encouraging to know that others are going through the same as me, and I know my 20 minutes with Jillian are better than 20 minutes sat on my backside! :D

Thank you for the welcome! I seem to have lost all motivation with it lately... I seem to have got to the point where I don't seem to be getting any much better at most of it and I'm rubbish at self-motivation :cry:. I know I just need to get out of this defeatist "I'm no good at it so why bother" state of mind and get on with it!

It's really encouraging to know that others are going through the same as me, and I know my 20 minutes with Jillian are better than 20 minutes sat on my backside! :D

Hey, looking at your stats you should be proud of where you are! Stick with it, we'll get there together!

Phunkie's right Happypear, you're doing great. YOU ARE STRONG - THIS IS EASY FOR YOU!!!

We all have days when we can barely get off the couch we're so unmotivated - sure I spent the whole of Sunday in my PJs! Got back to it today tho, and even though I hurt like hell I feel so much better for it. I can guarantee I look nothing like Jillian, Anita and Natalie while I'm shredding (far too many wobbly bits!) but who knows - if I keep it up someday I just might. To be honest, if I ever catch a fraction of a glimpse of an ab on that tum of mine I'll probably throw a party.

I may have just done day 4 of level 2, I may also have just done day 5. I lost count when I took my couple of PJ days. Let's say day 4 and just keep plodding along!

I've not been able to carry on with level 2, had my wrist strapped up and can't put weight on it - feeling a bit miserable about it as I have seen results from this DVD not on the scales but definitely toning up. I'm going to see if level 3 is easier on my wrists else I'll have to find something else :(

I've not been able to carry on with level 2, had my wrist strapped up and can't put weight on it - feeling a bit miserable about it as I have seen results from this DVD not on the scales but definitely toning up. I'm going to see if level 3 is easier on my wrists else I'll have to find something else :(

Take it easy for a while x Can you go back to level one, working harder at the bits you can do and modify the bits you can't. Stick at it! We need you on this forum!

xx

It's 28 ago today that I started the 30 day shred, today will be 20 days down out of the 30. Some days it has been easy and I've really looked forward to it, others I have had to drag myself to the dvd player! Today is my last day of level 2, very happy about that but nervous about level 3! My motivation is remembering how I felt when I felt my first stomach muscles and your support on here, knowing that each day I can post and mark one day more of the shred (oh and the fact that cat is hot on my tails!!)

wowzers!!! im so so glad i found this thread!!!
Ive been ''shredding'' now for about 2 weeks. (2 days on, then 2 days off, then 5 days on, then 2 days off, ), and did day 8 of level one last night, im now determined to do it everyday, instread of taking the time off because i cba. i'm finding it tough (spesh the jump rope bit), but my stamina has improved massively, and i no know the dvd almost word for word, ''the neck is not invited to this party'' being one of the lines that seems to stick in my head. I'm totally dreading level 2, but i know i really need to stick at this. Went to ww last nite and was gutted that i had gained 0.5lb. So i got out the tape measure this morning to see if i had lost any inches and lo and behold i had lost 7!!!!! since starting shredding.....that was 1.5 from my waist, 3 from my boobies :eek:, 0.5 from my bum, 1 from my hips and 1 from my thigh!!!
so i am deffo impressed with the results!! also think the weight gain could have been down to the copious amounts of gin i had drank the previous week.;)
xxxxxxx

Well done phunkie it sounds like you've really stayed motivated!

Yes maybe going back to level 1 might work for a bit - I'll have a sneak preview of 3 and decide which has least pressure on my wrist - it's all those planks!!!!

Yes maybe going back to level 1 might work for a bit - I'll have a sneak preview of 3 and decide which has least pressure on my wrist - it's all those planks!!!!

Those planks are a killer on the wrists if they're sore so def give them a little break - "no injuries please", as Jillian would say!

wowzers!!! im so so glad i found this thread!!!

... i no know the dvd almost word for word, ''the neck is not invited to this party'' being one of the lines that seems to stick in my head.

...Went to ww last nite and was gutted that i had gained 0.5lb. So i got out the tape measure this morning to see if i had lost any inches and lo and behold i had lost 7!!!!!
xxxxxxx

Welcome! Delighted you found us! We're all in the same hellish boat here but plugging away together and quoting Jillian word for word! We are strong - this is EASY for us! I look forward to hearing how you feel in L2 when she tells you you should be gargling your heart! 7 inches is a great loss! I had a decent inch loss after level one (not 7 tho!) but the weight seemed a bit stuck - I think my body was in shock TBH! Well done and stick with it!

My motivation is remembering how I felt when I felt my first stomach muscles and your support on here, knowing that each day I can post and mark one day more of the shred (oh and the fact that cat is hot on my tails!!)

Right behind you my dear! L2D5 done and dusted in my usual ungraceful manner!

ALSO - big news! Well it is for me! I went out running tonight and after finishing my 3.75 miles I was in shock to find I'd run it in 30 mins. That's an 8 minute mile. I've never run that fast in my life. I give 50% of the credit to my friend who is a fitness machine and has def helped me speed up but Jillian gets the other 50%. I literally did it without noticing I was going way faster than usual and I'm convinced she's getting me stronger and fitter by the day. I think I want to marry her...

Checked out level 3 today and it actually looks easier than level two ... the planks are done with your forearms on the floor and there are a lot less of them ... onwards and upwards we go!

Ooh - Let us know how you get on! If I know Jillian, she'll have some sneaky killer moves in there to really make you regret saying that! I so hope I'm wrong though. I'm not sure I could handle anything tougher than L2!

PS - Now that you're on the home stretch - do you have a plan for after? I've heard her 6 week 6 pack is a bit of a step up from the shred and have my eye on it for when I'm "shredded". I feel like I'll need another goal/dose of Jillian to keep me motivated! Care to join me???

Well done everyone sticking with this. Thanks for the comment on level 3 - I'll give it a go tonight hopefully - it's sometimes difficult to do crunches with my two year old who jumps on my tummy!! She is very funny copying Jillian though!!

PS - Now that you're on the home stretch - do you have a plan for after? I've heard her 6 week 6 pack is a bit of a step up from the shred and have my eye on it for when I'm "shredded". I feel like I'll need another goal/dose of Jillian to keep me motivated! Care to join me???

You want a step up from the shred?? Crazy girl! I was thinking of her metabolism boost one. Toning nicely through this but want to start losing some weight! But yes ... I'm in for something after the shred x

I am starting my 30 day shred on April the 1st! Bring it on!
Ordered dvd and I am looking forward to start asap. Might even start as soon as it's delivered.
Good job girls!!!

You want a step up from the shred?? Crazy girl! I was thinking of her metabolism boost one. Toning nicely through this but want to start losing some weight! But yes ... I'm in for something after the shred x

It's not that I necessarily want a step up from the shred, but I def want to keep going with something. I feel if I kept the shred up past the 30 days i'd want to smack Jillian very soon so thinking of trying something "different". And trust me, my pooch could use it!

Whatever we end up doing, one way or another we should def get a thread going! Perhaps tho I should focus on getting through the next 15 days tho before I start making crazy statements of intent!

I've lost all interest in this and almost stopped doing it lately, damn my short attention span. Thankfully still lost 2lb at my WI so still doing something right, but I think I need to do something different to keep me motivated!

I had a watch of The Biggest Winner (another Jillian Michaels one) online... it is half an hour of kickboxing style intense cardio (even Jillian is sweating and panting by the end of it, so I'll probably need an ambulance!), so I'm going to try that one :).

Good luck with it Happypear. It's hard to keep going when you begin to find it boring and can recite Jillian's words before she does. Hopefully you'll find something you enjoy that will keep you moving. Let us know how you're getting on - don't just disappear off the thread 'cause you're no longer shredding! Besides - I want to hear what you think of the DVD!

Back