30 day Shred

Just done level 3 day 1 to see if easier on wrists - OMG!!! I'm definitely at level 2 but it is slightly easier on wrist with some modification - so will stick to this but will have to do 15 days to make up!!!! I'm just going to crawl upstairs for a shower - agghhhh

Good luck with it Happypear. It's hard to keep going when you begin to find it boring and can recite Jillian's words before she does. Hopefully you'll find something you enjoy that will keep you moving. Let us know how you're getting on - don't just disappear off the thread 'cause you're no longer shredding! Besides - I want to hear what you think of the DVD!

Thank you! Well, for anyone looking for a bit of carido I recommend The Biggest Winner Cardio Kickbox. It was quick enough to not bore me to death and there was no stopping so I didn't have an excuse to sit down :D. I think I may alternate with 30 Day Shred (and try not to get so disheartened that I struggle with the strengh stuff)

The Biggest Winner is a 5 set of DVDs with strength training aswell but I only have the cardio one. I find Jillian much easier to listen to in this one. Love her but she annoys me talking during the shred!!!

Day 2, level 3 done.
Easy? NO! But easier than Thursday when I couldn't even do the plank arm uppy downy things. Feel about as rubbish as I did on day 2 of level one but now know that it does get easier (a bit) xxxx

Well done phunkie - I'll be doing day 2 tomorrow - I know what you mean about the plank thing!!! I might try and find time later but weekends are difficult

happypear said:
Thank you! Well, for anyone looking for a bit of carido I recommend The Biggest Winner Cardio Kickbox. It was quick enough to not bore me to death and there was no stopping so I didn't have an excuse to sit down :D. I think I may alternate with 30 Day Shred (and try not to get so disheartened that I struggle with the strengh stuff)

The Biggest Winner is a 5 set of DVDs with strength training aswell but I only have the cardio one. I find Jillian much easier to listen to in this one. Love her but she annoys me talking during the shred!!!

I like the sound of The biggest winner. How long does it take for the cardio one?

:) Well, I tried to do my shred today without missing any days and I quit halfway through :mad: BUT didn't give up completely ... shoved my old favourite in (cheesy WOW workout) and did my 50 mins of cardio and strength that way.

I just cant do those jumpy mountain things :sigh:

Still here though ... see what tomorrow brings! I have a trip to China booked in 8 weeks time and I would really like to lose 14lbs by then xxx

I just cant do those jumpy mountain things :sigh:

Yeiks! Last day on level 2 tomorrow and then it seems I have "jumpy mountain things" to contend with. Jillian Michaels - I love you and hate you in equal measures!

Must think about jeans shopping, or bathing suit shopping. That would make Jillian do a workout dvd and me too I guess! Jeans shopping on Friday!

How did you do cat?
I finally did my day 4, level 3 today :). New pledge to do this every day for the next 6 days ...

I hope to recieve my 30 day shred dvd next week at some stage,i hope to join you all in your pain...lol

Welcome to the shred! It's hard but so worth it x
4 days to go on level 3, I managed 2x10 lots of the mountain climbing today before I wimped back down to the easy level. Still, any progress is a good sign!
Cat, I have ordered the 6 week 6 pack so up for joining you on that. I love my new shredded stomach and don't want to lose it!

Which is the best DVD that gets results like the Shred but with no pressure on wrists - I've had to give up on shred - gutted

Are you looking for ab work or a fat burning workout? I have a cheesy WOW dvd which involves a lot more bouncing around and only one short set of push ups.

I like the mixture of shred, I want to be slim and toned!! Might try Davina again - going to go to docs about my wrist I think so I'll get an idea what's going on

Hey guys, I'm nearly halfway through my first go at the Shred & loving it. My upper body strength is so weak that I usually need to collapse to my knees for 10/15 seconds for most of the plank exercises, but I will get there! Gonna work my way through the other Jillian DVDs when I;m finished with the Shred.

Back