30 day Shred

Oh my God I think I'm gonna die!!!!

I couldn't do it! Got about 13 minutes in and had to give up. Not that my 2 year old helped matters lying on my back when I was attempting push ups. I'm really frighteningly unfit. . . maybe I should start somewhere else?

Don't give up! If I could get through it, anyone can! Just modify the moves and do as much as you can, I still can't do ~real~ push-ups and only a few modified ones, you build your strength gradually and you will be able to do them some day! Give it another go and just do as much as you can. It's not all or nothing! Good luck! :)

Erin's right Violet, stick at it. If you read back to my first post on it I couldn't get up the stairs! At level 3 now and on day 7 I am still having to modify some of my moves. Stick at it, it is worth it!

I couldn't stay with it. made me feel useless cos I couldn't do anything. So I tried the biggest loser on the kinnect and loved it though i can't move today but thats a good sign ;)

Thought I'd give Biggest Winner Kickboxing one a go today, it was fun lol but then I cracked on with day 28 of the shred ... 2 more days to go!

Hello People,

I'm new to this Shred business, I have ordered the DVD and should hopefully have it for the start to middle of next week. So I was looking for some tips and advice as to how to get over the burn and pain at the start as I'm told it will hurt so I'm not going in completely blind.

Cheers!

MGP xx

Leg stretching and warm baths helped me! Try not to tackle going down too many stairs & things will start to go back to normal about Day 4. It kind of becomes a ~nice~ pain, though! Good luck! :)

Oh god i got my 30 day shred dvd today(well im collecting it later)and im looking forward to it YET really dreading it at the same time as i have read the posts on here and im absolutley dreading the pain im going to feel.God help me.Dont know when to start it today or maybe on monday.

Try not to worry, it is definitely worth it and it's nowhere near unbearable. Just very stiff legs! Good luck!

Day 3 is definately the hardest, you really won't feel like doing it. Do it! The next day it all gets a little easier x Have you taken your measurements? It will keep you motivated if you don't lose weight in the first 10 days ... xx

I don't think I've lost any inches and only lost 1 lb so far! I even put on 2 lbs initially, but I can feel the difference in myself, I'm firming up and feel stronger. I can't believe I only have 3 days of L2 left, feels like I only started it yesterday! I got all the way through L2 without stopping today, although I started a couple of seconds behind the girls on the last one minute ab move (which is a KILLER on my arms!!), quite proud of that!! :)

Has anyone notice a differance in their body shape or muscle tone? All I keep Reading is how much everyone aches!;)
I've got this DVD, in fact had it for a couple months, still in wrapper!
I'm going to start tomorrw, this thread has insured me to get of my big fat but, and do something about it!!!

hi everyone
hope you dont mind me joining in i just found this thread :)
ive just done day 9 of level 1 starting level 2 on monday (bit scared lol)
i did my measurments at the start and again today and was really quite shocked at the results, ive managed to lose 10 inchs overall :clap:
and 4.5lb, and to be honest i havent done much dieting, i add my calories/fat up on mfp and ive been averaging 1900 calories and 45g fat a day :eek: so i am very happy with that loss!!!!
has anyone else tried any other of jillians dvds?? ive tried other workout ones but this is the only 1 ive enjoyed, i still find level 1 a huge challenge but once u get going its over really quickly i think thats why im managing to go back to it everyday, its only 20 mins :D
still cant do proper press ups but i can at least get thru the entire workout now doing what anita does without stopping :eek:
keep up the good work people and hope u all have a great weekend
cathy x

i did my measurments at the start and again today and was really quite shocked at the results, ive managed to lose 10 inchs overall :clap:
and 4.5lb, and to be honest i havent done much dieting, i add my calories/fat up on mfp and ive been averaging 1900 calories and 45g fat a day :eek: so i am very happy with that loss!!!!
what a fabulous results - keep up a good work.
I am on my day four and loving it -
TBH I struggle everyday to force myself to actually do it. Once I'm doing it - I'm fine (well, apart from push ups):p

what a fabulous results - keep up a good work.
I am on my day four and loving it -
TBH I struggle everyday to force myself to actually do it. Once I'm doing it - I'm fine (well, apart from push ups):p

LOL i hear that, i think i used to dread putting the dvd on, but now i actually enjoy it :eek: started level 2 yesterday, a day early because i was getting bored with level 1, and jillian has found new muscles to abuse!!! i still cant do the proper push ups, but my plan is to work thru the 30 days and then start again and try and do it with natalie rather than anita, im not sure how that will work out but we'll see lol....
im quite proud of myself for doing 10 days i didnt think i would, but now i actually believe i can make it thru the 30, also im planning on starting the c25k tomorrow ive gone from couch potatoe to fitness freak in 10 days :eek:
keep up the good work im sure in a couple more days when youre not feeling like ur "going to die" anymore u wont "struggle" to get it started ;)
cathy

keep up the good work im sure in a couple more days when youre not feeling like ur "going to die" anymore u wont "struggle" to get it started ;)
cathy

haha, fingers crossed it will happen!!!

Once I'm done with 30 day shred I intend getting "6-pack in six weeks" by our good old Jillian. (not that I even think I will see a single pack -let alone six! on my stomach) But I like her style and think that I might give it a go.

But only after finishing 30 day shred! That is! Time to move my sorry fat as* of the coach and complete fifth session.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

haha, fingers crossed it will happen!!!

Once I'm done with 30 day shred I intend getting "6-pack in six weeks" by our good old Jillian. (not that I even think I will see a single pack -let alone six! on my stomach) But I like her style and think that I might give it a go.

But only after finishing 30 day shred! That is! Time to move my sorry fat as* of the coach and complete fifth session.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

LOL u go girl, i did mine this morning, normally do it in the evening but must admit it felt good knowing it was over and done with for the day, i woke the whole house up though shouting at the tv! i did see the burn fat boost metabablsim in morrisons the other day, but i havent seen the 6 pack one. i did toy with idea of buying the bfbm but i read that it was a big step up from the 30ds and im a wimp lol anyway enjoy your workout girl, kick some butt! :D

Back